46LB 1OZ PIKE FROM LAKE DISTRICT

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

46LB 1OZ PIKE FROM LAKE DISTRICT - Page 3 Empty Re: 46LB 1OZ PIKE FROM LAKE DISTRICT

Post  noodle on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:00 am

so knowing the fishery and having caught pike from there over 30 he didnt even realise it blows the lake record away?
Sorry
noodle
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

46LB 1OZ PIKE FROM LAKE DISTRICT - Page 3 Empty Re: 46LB 1OZ PIKE FROM LAKE DISTRICT

Post  kell on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 am

noodle wrote:so knowing the fishery and having caught pike from there over 30 he didnt even realise it blows the lake record away?
Sorry

+1 is it April santa
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daveb on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 am

You lot are SO cynical, honestly!

I'm quite happy if folk don't believe it though, means less people trying to catch it so more chance for me Smile

daveb
daveb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky99 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

noodle wrote:so knowing the fishery and having caught pike from there over 30 he didnt even realise it blows the lake record away?
Sorry

Noodle, do you know the lake record of every venue you have fished? He was on a day ticket and has fished there before for pike but also for trout and roach. should he know the records for all species?

i know he is a pleasure angler who has been very lucky not once but twice on that water.
you have fished this venue yourself and you have stated on another forum you once loved it and fished it for 10 years or so. you have also said that the venue has the possibility of throwing up a surprise. is this just not what you have predicted?
blacky99
blacky99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm

blacky99 wrote:
Sorry

Noodle, do you know the lake record of every venue you have fished? He was on a day ticket and has fished there before for pike but also for trout and roach. should he know the records for all species?

i know he is a pleasure angler who has been very lucky not once but twice on that water.
you have fished this venue yourself and you have stated on another forum you once loved it and fished it for 10 years or so. you have also said that the venue has the possibility of throwing up a surprise. is this just not what you have predicted?
its done the trick ........how many on here now are thinking of fishing this place ...just on the of chance it is true ........kerching
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

The lake record for Esthwaite is 38lb 4oz if my memory serves me correctly. I could be an ounce or two out because it was a long time ago but I'm sure that's close. Funnily enough I reckon Noodle does know the lake record for a lot of lakes - it's one of those things that sticks in the mind very often. Lake record for Blithfield 42lb 10oz, lake record for Windermere 35lb 1oz, lake record for Lomond 47lb 11oz (if you believe it) etc. etc.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm

he wanted to get the fish back asap Question Question still found time to weigh it though affraid sorry guys, but it all sounds a bit too fishy for my liking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  creamcake007 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Confucius say "jealousy is a curse ", Grass hopper say " ain't that the truth"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
creamcake007
creamcake007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

can't be jealous of nothing lol lol! lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 pm

blacky99 wrote:
Sorry

I have indeed said the place could throw a surprise and that is the kind of surprise i was thinking, its all the other stuff that doesnt add up. Who knows i may be wrong. However its a bit too early for fish to be at the heaviest there are too many anglers fishing the place for an unkown fish of that size. Mind you i shoud add this as a caveat it could be a fish on its way out and as sometimes happens it weight will balloon. And its a bit too soon for the imbalance of food to pike to create the circumstances that lead to monster pike.
I go out of my to fish waters where i dont know what pike are present now.
noodle
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daveb on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am

Eric, the lake record is actually 39lb 8oz.
daveb
daveb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 am

I don't believe even a holiday angler would catch a fish of the given weight and not realise it was something VERY significant. A 46lb fish is massive no matter how you dress it up and I just cannot accept that someone would capture a liviathan of that size and just put it back, not having realised IT'S A MASSIVE ANIMAL, which needs looking at one way or another.

What, he thought pike that size were commonplace?? Rubbish. I could show just about any non-angler a 10lber and they'd go, "Wow that's big!".....even though it isn't really in pike terms, so people are easily impressed by biggish fish. So, for that reason, I just don't accept that even the daftest angler would land something around 4 and a half feet long (think about that alone for a second) and not know it was a belter. 4 and a half feet of fish. That's like from my feet to my armpits. It doesn't even bear thinking about.

I've seen plenty of 40+ pike pictures and I refuse to believe anyone would capture something of that size and not think, "That probably deserves a snap" and if the angler didn't happen to have a camera of some description, I fail to accept the same angler wouldn't know they had made a monumental blunder from the off and have to be told later.

My mum would know that was a massive fish and she's never been fishing.

Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 am

my thoughts exactly Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am

Andy Macfarlane wrote:I don't believe even a holiday angler would catch a fish of the given weight and not realise it was something VERY significant. A 46lb fish is massive no matter how you dress it up and I just cannot accept that someone would capture a liviathan of that size and just put it back, not having realised IT'S A MASSIVE ANIMAL, which needs looking at one way or another.

What, he thought pike that size were commonplace?? Rubbish. I could show just about any non-angler a 10lber and they'd go, "Wow that's big!".....even though it isn't really in pike terms, so people are easily impressed by biggish fish. So, for that reason, I just don't accept that even the daftest angler would land something around 4 and a half feet long (think about that alone for a second) and not know it was a belter. 4 and a half feet of fish. That's like from my feet to my armpits. It doesn't even bear thinking about.

I've seen plenty of 40+ pike pictures and I refuse to believe anyone would capture something of that size and not think, "That probably deserves a snap" and if the angler didn't happen to have a camera of some description, I fail to accept the same angler wouldn't know they had made a monumental blunder from the off and have to be told later.

My mum would know that was a massive fish and she's never been fishing.

And that is even before trying to lift the thing affraid
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:54 am

You're absolutely right Poach. Having been in the fortunate position of seeing several exceptional pike I can tell you they really take your breath away, even as an experienced angler. No-one's going to get one in the boat and not at least take a pic on their phone.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky99 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 am

as ive said before im biased as i know the guy who caught this fish and as ive also said before he is a stand up guy so i have no reason not to believe him and that is my opinion.

All i can say is that i hope none of you are in the same situation. why are fisherman so sceptical and distrusting (definitely a real word) Laughing

i honestly i hope none of you never have a massive fish in your net and have no camera / batteries / companion to help you. What if you were alone and had none of the above what would you do? would you hold the fish till somebody possibly came past? how long would you be willing to hold the fish in a landing net?

i know in this case that esthwaite is not a massive water in comparison to other glacials and if your on a boat your not gonna be more than 10-15 mins from the office. so, in that situation, if you caught it on your boat would you take it over to be photographed in your net??? what if you were on the opposite bank tho and your phone was dead? how would you deal with that? Everyone says that fish care is the number 1 priority!!

sorry for all the questions and dont anyone take this as a personal rant i'm seriously interested in your answers!

blacky99
blacky99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm

like i said before i would have swam the lake in my undercrackers for that fish........
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky99 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm

stubbo wrote:like i said before i would have swam the lake in my undercrackers for that fish........

haha.
blacky99
blacky99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 pm

bet the the tills have not stopped in the lodge ........ker....ching........good luck...mate Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  big_d2008 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm

blacky99 wrote:as ive said before im biased as i know the guy who caught this fish and as ive also said before he is a stand up guy so i have no reason not to believe him and that is my opinion.

All i can say is that i hope none of you are in the same situation. why are fisherman so sceptical and distrusting (definitely a real word) Laughing

i honestly i hope none of you never have a massive fish in your net and have no camera / batteries / companion to help you. What if you were alone and had none of the above what would you do? would you hold the fish till somebody possibly came past? how long would you be willing to hold the fish in a landing net?

i know in this case that esthwaite is not a massive water in comparison to other glacials and if your on a boat your not gonna be more than 10-15 mins from the office. so, in that situation, if you caught it on your boat would you take it over to be photographed in your net??? what if you were on the opposite bank tho and your phone was dead? how would you deal with that? Everyone says that fish care is the number 1 priority!!

sorry for all the questions and dont anyone take this as a personal rant i'm seriously interested in your answers!

Here is my personal opinion,

I personally do not go fishing without my camera, spare batteries, bank stick and self taking equipment. You have to remeber this is not this guys first big pike or the first time he has not had the kit he needed to complete a weigh in/picture. The other huge pike he caught was an estimated weight because he did not have any scales with him. I mean scales are the esential part of kit for knowing how big a fish is. To me someone who knows there are fish of this calliber in a venue should be more prepared.

As for fish care it is the number one priority but holding a fish in the water is what we do to rest fish between unhooking and weighing and taking photos and as long as you have a large appropriate net and you are watching the fish to make sure that it does not get gills caught in the net then there is no problem on time as pike can sit dormant in the water with no issues

Just seems very silly to me even if it is true.

It just does not ring true with me. No

Tight Lines

Ryan
big_d2008
big_d2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kell on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 pm

i would have done anything with a fish of that size but putting it in the net should not have been a problem unless he was fishing with a match net ? he was so ill prepared with everything else it was probably so .Are you sure he forgot he was still in bed and was just dreaming.
I'm with stubbo i would have swam for a camera if that is what was required i for one AM OUT
kell
kell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky99 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 pm

kell wrote:i would have done anything with a fish of that size
anything??? even to the detriment of the welfare of the fish?
blacky99
blacky99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Why is this thread still so active? Is it not just a case of believing the story or not?
fatcaff
fatcaff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 pm

blacky99 wrote:
kell wrote:i would have done anything with a fish of that size
anything??? even to the detriment of the welfare of the fish?

Don't for one minute think that Kell meant he would put the pike at risk in anyway !!

I can't beleive anyone wouldn't know they had something special and at least try to get someone to witness it
I myself don't beleave he had a pike over 40lb
You seem to be taking this personally blacky
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 pm

i would have took me trousers off to make a pike tube then swam the lake in me crackers. and somehow i would have got it photographed without harming it Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next