drifting bait

Go down

drifting bait Empty drifting bait

Post  treble on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

has anyone had good or bad experiences drifting, pros & cons? i kno braid line would be best for it but i dont have any yet. im thinking of trying it this weekend

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  kell on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Make sure you use an up trace ?
kell
kell

Posts : 1014
Join date : 2009-01-03
Age : 56
Location : woodlands,doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  treble on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

kell wrote:Make sure you use an up trace ?
and attach the balloons between the 2 traces?

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  rozzo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

drifting and ballooning are quite different treble, drifting you are fishing during the drift but ballooning is purely to get your bait further than you can cast.
i only ever used mono so don't worry about the line
rozzo
rozzo

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 56
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  treble on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:10 pm

rozzo wrote:drifting and ballooning are quite different treble, drifting you are fishing during the drift but ballooning is purely to get your bait further than you can cast.
i only ever used mono so don't worry about the line

ye ballooning lol, al have to have a look in my attic im sure i have a book

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Drifting

Post  brownfox on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Use a line greaser in one of your rod rings with plenty of grease, good pair of binnocs to watch the drift float if its any distance, i took my first 30lb fish on the frift down a 30ft channel at 200yrds its hard to see the drift float if the wind turns it sidways on.
brownfox
brownfox

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  treble on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

brownfox wrote:Use a line greaser in one of your rod rings with plenty of grease, good pair of binnocs to watch the drift float if its any distance, i took my first 30lb fish on the frift down a 30ft channel at 200yrds its hard to see the drift float if the wind turns it sidways on.

cheers i'll keep that in mind

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  stubbo on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am

treble wrote:
brownfox wrote:Use a line greaser in one of your rod rings with plenty of grease, good pair of binnocs to watch the drift float if its any distance, i took my first 30lb fish on the frift down a 30ft channel at 200yrds its hard to see the drift float if the wind turns it sidways on.

cheers i'll keep that in mind
dont over do the distance mate it can lead to all sorts of problems thats if you hook a very big fish at distance but it depends on the venue i would say 150yd as a guide santa
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  Eric Edwards on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 am

Rather than use greased line try using 50lb PowerPro sprayed with Fabsil. This floats very well, has no stretch so it's great for setting hooks at range and you don't get grease all over everything.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Posts : 306
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  stubbo on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

Eric Edwards wrote:Rather than use greased line try using 50lb PowerPro sprayed with Fabsil. This floats very well, has no stretch so it's great for setting hooks at range and you don't get grease all over everything.
:stopped: useing mono for drifting years ago to much hassle braid that floats is far better more control over it santa
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  brownfox on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

We know braid is best but the guy said he did,nt have any only mono. Rolling Eyes
brownfox
brownfox

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  adie1200 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

brownfox wrote:We know braid is best but the guy said he did,nt have any only mono. Rolling Eyes

He also said thinking of trying it this weekend ! Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3617
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 62
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  treble on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm

i see the enthusiasm for all things fishing hasn't been dampened with this muckie weather Very Happy

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  stubbo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am

adie1200 wrote:
brownfox wrote:We know braid is best but the guy said he did,nt have any only mono. Rolling Eyes

He also said thinking of trying it this weekend ! Wink
thats what i thought he meant he was trying it ie braid that is Rolling Eyes
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  stubbo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 am

treble wrote:i see the enthusiasm for all things fishing hasn't been dampened with this muckie weather Very Happy
only if your a fair weather pike angler but as you know pike anglers are real men not like these carpers who like there nice warm bivvys and they even have gas heaters fired up .Walked past a bivvy the other week i kid you not there was a tv arial on a pole next to it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  rozzo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 pm

stubbo wrote:
treble wrote:i see the enthusiasm for all things fishing hasn't been dampened with this muckie weather Very Happy
only if your a fair weather pike angler but as you know pike anglers are real men not like these carpers who like there nice warm bivvys and they even have gas heaters fired up .Walked past a bivvy the other week i kid you not there was a tv arial on a pole next to it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
coool where can i get one Rolling Eyes
rozzo
rozzo

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 56
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  matt859 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 pm

I had a pole for my TV ariel but his wife wont let him come and hold it for me anymore.... Shocked
matt859
matt859

Posts : 478
Join date : 2011-12-20
Age : 55
Location : rugby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  treble on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm

wot no sky dish?? Shocked Shocked

treble

Posts : 149
Join date : 2012-10-28
Age : 49
Location : n/e scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drifting bait Empty Re: drifting bait

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum