PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone been out in the ice

3 posters

Go down

anyone been out in the ice Empty anyone been out in the ice

Post  ibiza20vt Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Fishing a pit tomorrow that some of it is frozen over. Is it worth it? Just hoping temp picks up tonight to thaw out slightly. Never fished in these condition before gonna try a roving approach . Will the pike still be feeding ??

ibiza20vt

Back to top Go down

anyone been out in the ice Empty Re: anyone been out in the ice

Post  ibiza20vt Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 am

Well it's rained a bit though the night hopefully thawed the pit out somewhat . Wish me luck lol.

ibiza20vt

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 am

Good luck mate Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

anyone been out in the ice Empty Ice

Post  piketastic Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

In the last 3 weeks I fished consecutive Sundays on a small pond that I am targetting..... 3 weeks ago the water in the pond was 8 foot up (that was the day of the abandoned Langold fish in), normally only 6 foot deep, Rolling Eyes, 2 weeks ago the lake was a mere 3 foot up but iced over ( we broke the ice), last Sunday a 40 mile an hour gale blew down it ALL day. Needless to say, I blanked on each occasion Very Happy .
However I do remember breaking the ice a few years ago on a nature reserve lake, by donning a life jacket and pushing a rowing boat around for an hour , smashing the ice with the oars. Back on dry land and the deadbait was chewed up within 10 minutes of all the commotion dying down. and I landed a small double. The only run of the day. But int it satisfying though, when you are pike fishing and you try something different and it pays off. Very Happy
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum