Fox warrior elite 3.25lb

Go down

Fox warrior elite 3.25lb Empty Fox warrior elite 3.25lb

Post  micpiker on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Im picking some up in the week... anyone else use em for piking? Im assuming theyll be ok for it

micpiker

Back to top Go down

Fox warrior elite 3.25lb Empty Re: Fox warrior elite 3.25lb

Post  rozzo on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm

only my personal opinion but i've fished with 3lb test and not keen on them. i find them pretty un-forgiving close in. 2.75 is my favourite. each to his own tho and i'm sure they'll be fine.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  treble on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 pm

i'd opt for a 2.75 with the bait hooked up i have a nice bend on the rod that takes the force of casting out of the bait. iv got a 3lb test and found that casting often pulls the hooks out the bait but i fish mostly with sardines that are pretty soft

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

treble wrote:i'd opt for a 2.75 with the bait hooked up i have a nice bend on the rod that takes the force of casting out of the bait. iv got a 3lb test and found that casting often pulls the hooks out the bait but i fish mostly with sardines that are pretty soft
exactly what i found too,, i found i could cast most baits further with the 2.75's due to the spring in the rod. i also got occasional crack-offs on the cast with the 3lb rods and hated them close in when a big girl makes the final lunge after seeing the net etc.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  treble on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm

i always put the net in the water early so its not noticed

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 am

Ihave the ood pikers in 3.25 and they are fine for about 80% of my fishing, ok sot baits and livebaits can be trickyhence why i have other rods for that, well had ive just ordered some new ones ro do this sort of stuff with. A lovely pair of P1's of mr lumb with full cork and dps seat

If your fishing a multi rod set up why not buy boh test curves?
If its three rods two of one test and the third in the lighter or heavier
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fox warrior elite 3.25lb Empty 3.25 TC

Post  piketastic on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I agree with Noodle. I have one of these and would certainly say have one if you haven"t got one of that test curve already, I remember a post that I think Mr Edwards posted saying there is no need for everything to be identical in a multi rod set up, so give yourself that option , it has been a right enough rod for me. It is just another addition to your armoury.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm

piketastic wrote:I agree with Noodle. I have one of these and would certainly say have one if you haven"t got one of that test curve already, I remember a post that I think Mr Edwards posted saying there is no need for everything to be identical in a multi rod set up, so give yourself that option , it has been a right enough rod for me. It is just another addition to your armoury.
I have a few different multi rod set ups, but i wont buy more than two matching rods as for the life of me i cant see any advantage to have 3-4 matching rods
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down