Fly fishing for pike

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Fly fishing for pike

Post  Cyprydave on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm also getting into Pike on the fly .... in fact the whole idea has got me fishing again after a break of 4 years it just seems nice to get out light and walk about.

Some good info there Richard ...has this forum considered making a Pike Fly section
Cyprydave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Neath on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:28 pm

There isn't a specific section for pike fly fishing (though there is a 'lure fishing' section) - maybe there should be? Need to get the moderators onto it.

I live up here in the Highlands of Scotland (Isle of Skye actually but my pike fishing is on the mainland) and tend to do mostly dead baiting. The fly fishing side of things is usually reserved for days out in the float tube - I know exactly what you mean about travelling really light and wandering about, it's pure simplicity. Bing in the float tube is even better though - you ought to try it!
Richard Neath

View user profile http://www.richardneath.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Here you are a new section just for pike fly fishing Wink

Last edited by adie1200 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyprydave on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Thank you Adie I will do my best to keep it active:D
Cyprydave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  micpiker on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Righto update time Very Happy

Been out piking a few weeks ago on a boating lake in Oxford. Turns out my casting is rubbish but so was mateys who I went with who tried my rod.... He's fly fished before and wasn't convinced. Both blanked that day but I loved trying it and loved boats. Turns out the line I have is mill end stuff which apparently isn't weight forward like I thought and is classed as 2nds so I've ordered some sweet bright yellow weight forward line that needs to go on the reel. And then I went and bought a small boat Very Happy river thames is a short drive and the canal isn't that far, I shall try again soon when work stops getting in the way.

micpiker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where?

Post  uglystik on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 pm

I've just had a fantastic day at Chew Valley Lake, taking my first ever pike - and took it on a fly. 14lbs of great sport. But that was a bit special and I live in North London, not Bristol, so anyone know where else I can fish for pike on the fly? (I'm not into dead/live baiting etc.)

uglystik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2