PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water temperatures?

4 posters

Go down

water temperatures? Empty water temperatures?

Post  plantsbrook Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am

In the never ending quest to try and work a pattern out to successful feeding times, I have started to take the temperatures of the waters I fish, with a view to looking back in a couple of years to try and fathom out any link.

i know it will probably be futile with the other variable factors, but i'm noting down moon cycle, and general weather too.

anyone else do this? or have any thoughts on it?

cheers
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

water temperatures? Empty Re: water temperatures?

Post  noodle Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

I did it in the very late 90's and early part of the millenium.
I came to the conclusion pike are bloody obstinate creatures who follow neither rhyme nor reason, why should they move a couple of miles and change between depth bands in a short space of time is beyond me, unless the prey did the same r they moved to find prey from a comfort zone
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plantsbrook Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:30 am

i suspected it might be futile! still, ive brought a £3 thermometer and little notebook, i might as well have a go..

did you see any pattern at all, even a weak one?
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 am

Done it for years and with other anglers information too (B&B owner) I can honestly say that I learnt very little from thousands of fish caught apart from get on the bank when ever you can, because you just never know when the big girls will feed Smile i have many times cursed guests for wanting a days pike fishing when the weather is so horrible you wouldnt turn a dog out lol and we have bagged up Very Happy Loads of 20s on East winds and loads of fish caught under floating ice. You just never know. I have also blanked, Many times on a rising Barometer and a lovely mild winters day, with a gentle S/W wind Rolling Eyes and those would be my perfect conditions.
The only real fact I know is that falling water temps and anything under 4 degrees C are tough work, but I still go as you never know Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 pm

did anybody mention the moon cycles then.......... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down