PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbies....come and say hello

+44
tootall
mrker46
kell
Mickyrob
onetoner
greg
dave d
Walter
applehead
wilf
wymo
pikeing pirates
Trent Piker
robh107
elmsallsteve
gavin1928
Bazz
MBW
Mark Green.PAC
Chris Betts
adamscott
adie1200
Steve French
Wanna
chrisa35
nickcarpy
wayne the pain
John Dinnewell
webo21
Steve N
wolfie
essox_lucius
topthatpike
norbs
Spud
Slidze
bigchris
noz
santahill
JOEL
Andy Webster
MAD BAD ANGLER
Lefty
Andy Macfarlane
48 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty Newbies....come and say hello

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:31 pm

I noticed we have a few more new members. I think introductions are in order so you've probably noticed I'm Andy from Glasgow.

What are your names and where do you all come from?... Wink

PS: Andy remind me to send you a PM regarding waters to fish. I have to shoot just now but I'll look in over the next couple of days.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty Re: Newbies....come and say hello

Post  Lefty Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Err... hello.

Been fishing for about 26 years (on and off), been interested in actually targeting pike for approx 3 seasons now.

I have lots more success with deadbaiting than lures, but still learning how to work lures correctly.

My PB is 12lb (ish) reeled in on 1.5lb line (!) whilst pulling in a roach when I was in my teens. Gave me the fright of my life when it attacked and don't know how I managed to get him in without losing my tackle.
I think that was what triggered my interest in old esox, but as I say, didn't decide to target them on a regular basis until a couple of years ago.

I live in an area of Doncaster called Dunscroft, regularly fish the river Torne or the canal anywhere between Barnby Dun and Thorne when after pike.
I would like to try Tyram Hall for a monster and may well do so this winter.

Got 3 kids and none have been bitten by the angling bug.
My eldest lad (15yrs old) gave it a try but gave up after a couple of months, my daughter (8yrs old) hasn't got the patience and won't touch a fish "cos it's slimy and 'orrible" and my youngest is only 16 months old but I'll be trying him out to see if he gets the urge for fishing.

Live with a wonderful lass, who is everything I could ask for but due to work and family commitments don't get on the bank as often as I would like to.

That's about it really.

Hope to make some new friends while here, and will check back on a regular basis.

See ya later

Last edited by Lefty on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty hi

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:21 pm

hi guys. mad bad angler here. been pike fishing on and off now for 20 years, and my best so far is 22lb 8oz. only go fishing for pike from October onwards, rest of the year go pole fishing ( no laughing please). LEFTY live in thorne , so not far from you. i have fished tyram a number of times and had a nimber of fish to 17lb, but none of the monsters. may be we could set up a trip some time? anyway guys tightlines and good luck. all the best the mad bad angler.
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 pm

You still growing that beard Mad Bad?
We could get a few for a trip to Tyram. Bet I'm nearest. Very Happy
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 am

Hi there mad bad angler

A trip to Tyram sounds good to me, we'll have to see what we can come up with this winter.
My friend and neighbour also fishes for pike so could get him to come along too.

Don't tell me Andy, you live at Tyram in a tree house Razz
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 pm

You don't know accurate you are Lefty Wink
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty tyram

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 pm

yes mate beard still growing, starting to be a pain now though lol. As for a trip to tyram sounds like a great idea, the more the better, but dont you think andy that fishing your garden pond is a bit unfair to the rest of us????? only kidding guys, lets see if we can't get something set up. if you want runs there then the main syndicate carp lake will be best (£5 a day from Oct onwards), but the biggest fish are in the day ticket carp lake, and also some Zander still in there. will keep watching the site guys. all the best. the mad bad angler
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty new member

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi ive just joined the forum.I live in Accrington Lancashire, ive been pike fishing for the last 10 yrs, my pb is 23.8 llbs hoping to go one better this season.

Back to top Go down

Post  JOEL Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Hiya lads..i'm joel from blackburn.I'm a lorry driver & through my job get to have an hour lure fishing all over the north & midlands.I'm a fanatical pike & predator angler,With a lovely 27lb 3oz pike my pb.Perch 3lb 1oz & chub 5lb are my current pbs.I spend a lot of my fishing using lures,For all species inc trout.I've recently decided to target tench & barbel this summer & have been lucky to have been excepted in to the sappi ac,Which has a small 3acre lodge holding tench to 10lb & pike to 30lb.I'm a member of wigan aa & am thinking of joining bolton aa. My mother lives in Dunsville & i've had a few do's on the s & k canal & at the long ponds at barnby dunn.Had my best chub on lure at stainforth.I'm hoping to get up ur end more often in the future has i'm getting married in a month & has a married man will want to get out the house more & more often. Laughing
JOEL
JOEL

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty hey

Post  santahill Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:38 pm

hey i'm richard from lincoln, this is gonna be my second season pike fishing :-) my pb is 12 1/2 caught the other day :-) raising it a whole 1/2 pound from my old pb :-)
santahill
santahill

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Welcome to the forum everyone. I guess I should introduce myself too...

My piking, in fact my fishing started almost 20 years ago when I tagged along with a member of this forum and another mate to the Warper on Xmas holiday santa . I just remember freezing in totally inadequate clothing and wondering if I would ever go again pale . I did not even fish, settling for watching them catch a couple of jacks. The next day I went again and this time caught 2 jacks myself. Not before losing a couple of rigs in the far bank trees on the pylon stretch though. I never did reimburse you Mad Bad Angler Laughing
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 pm

no worries mate, you more than made up for the cost of the floats by taking some cracking photos over the years. tight lines guys. mad bad angler
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty new guy

Post  noz Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi, I'm Mick from Armthorpe, Doncaster. I normally only fish Pike in the winter as I am a keen golfer but due to hip problems I am cutting back on golf and am gonna pike more, p.b. 15 pound A1 pits, 13 and a half Sandall Park Lake!!
Mick

noz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Mick and welcome to the forums.

Always nice to get new members, especially local lads (and lasses, hopefully).

Have a good nosey around and feel free to comment or ask questions. Everybody seems friendly enough.

Perhaps you may be interested in the Tyram Hall trip? Have alook and see if you can get other people to come too. The more the merrier !! Cool
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty hi

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:34 pm

hi mick, like lefty said nice to have new members. let us now wot ya up to and dont forget to keep looking. all the best
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:44 am

Hi Mick
Nice to hear another new voice on the forum
Looks like I need to add Sandall Park to the list of Pike Waters on the website.
Andy Webster
Andy Webster
Andy Webster

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty newbie

Post  bigchris Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 pm

hi names chris,from woodlands.just had my first session on keaby canal not a nibble,lol bit disappointed,can anyone suggest which strech of the canal may be good.cheers

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Chris,

If you mean the Stainforth & Keadby canal then anywhere on the Thorne stretch should give you at least a nibble if not a take. Pike up to around mid 20's in there. Be prepared to keep moving aroun as, in my experience, staying in one spot doesn't always bring results. For me the best places seem to be between Stainforth and Thorne up to Thorne lock.

Good luck.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty keaby

Post  bigchris Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:24 pm

cheers for that m8.ive only just started up course fishing,aint done it since i was a lad,lol for years done just sea fishng,fancied somat a bit dif without all the travelling.cant be bovd with carp like everyone else seems to be.so trying me hand at predator instead.going bck to keaby on monday,been told to try down towards m18 bridge apparantly theyve had some monsters out there lately.let you know how i get on

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi there people cheers

I've been kinda lurking around this forum for a wee while now and like what I have been reading.

My name's Billy and I live in South West Scotland near a wee town called Newton Stewart. I've alway's lived in the country and have always been surrounded by lochs and rivers but never fished. Now at the ripe old age of 35, my daughter wanted a fishing rod for Xmas.......I obliged (well santa did Wink ) and got her a £10 telescopic job. We went to a nearby burn with some worms and pulled oot aboot 12 wee perch!! Shocked

The following week, I bought myself a £12 telescopic rod (lol) and hit the perch again. Before long I started to gather up tackle and watch programmes, read stuff and went in search of the fearsome pike (that's how I was brought up to think of them). After fishing for aboot 7months.....I finally caught one in a river at the end of my road (by mistake on a flying C......12lb Very Happy ).

Needless to say.....i am now addicted to piking and now have a decent rod/reel and tackle. I go piking 3 times a week as I am spoiled for choice of lochs (7 or 8 within a 5 mile radius.)

I look forward to contributing to the forum and to learning from all you guys Wink

See yous on the boards Cool
Slidze
Slidze

http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spud Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:34 pm

alright im from sunny fife pale just been fishing for a couple of years fished for trout a few times and also fished for pike had a few but not any monster yet but im just happy to get a bite Very Happy just joined up hopping to pick up some tips because i need all the help i can get Laughing
cheers
spud
Spud
Spud

http://scottishfieldsports.co.nr/

Back to top Go down

Newbies....come and say hello Empty welcome to site

Post  bigchris Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 pm

hi welcome to the site,youve come to the right place for all things pike related,not been signed up long myself,but learnt aplenty Razz they all good lads,anything you want to know just ask.thats what we all here for the love of the big monsters. lol! chris

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 pm

hi spud. as chris said if you want to know anything then just ask. if anyone can help im sure they will be only too glad too. keep checking the site out and dont forget to keep us posted on your trips. all the best . the MAD BAD ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 am

Welcome to the forum men.... Wink
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello peeps Very Happy

Feel free to ask questions, we're all a bunch of friendly chaps.

Or barmy, depending how you look at it lol!
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum