PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piking over for me

5 posters

Go down

piking over for me Empty piking over for me

Post  kell Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 pm

thats my last session with the baits for me. mick had a couple and they were full of spawn.

Now going to go off and learn how to kayak and do loads of lure fishing for perch. And drop shotting

Hope your piking has gone well this season and cannot wait till next season.
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

piking over for me Empty Re: piking over for me

Post  Idlepiker Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Me and my mate had our last session today, on a still water close to home, never fished it before. We had a jack a piece. Least we didn't finish on a blank. It's not been the best of seasons for us. Crying or Very sad
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  -CrAiG- Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm

when will you start fishing again? ive caught pike in the summer but not done much, used to do alot of barbel fishing in the summer on the river but now do a bit of carp fishing.
-CrAiG-
-CrAiG-

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

I tend to do some Tench fishing late April and May, then Barbel on the river in summer, I do tend to put a pike rod out on the river if it looks Pikey. Will start to concentrate fully on Pike again late October, early November Very Happy
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:02 am

Yes the dust sheets are now on the pike gear untill october Sad Sad
... While it as been season of ups and downs Smile What ive been busy doing this season is fishing smaller waters, away from the hussle of busy commercial spots...The mosy enjoying moment, when someone said,,, You wont catch pike in here mate Surprised Surprised ,,, nobody been fishing here for year's.....My reply,, thank god for that Smile Smile , and yes mate, there are pike here, ive been catching here,,. You can't beat the feeling just catching a pike, from somewhere where people think.( oh, sod that, it's to far to walk,)....While this place is a new find, the biggest on the bank was just over 14lb,, not a bad return on a water that i think, holds bigger...

This will be my project for the new season, to spend more time to fish this water...ive had the sounder out on there which as given me features, depths, etc, which have shown very intresting signs... Exclamation Exclamation . Just can't wait till october.....

So good luck to all the forum members what ever fishing you doing in the Summer..... Exclamation Smile
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 pm

i'll probably have a couple more goes then do a bit of tench fishing or similar. then i'll resume piking late may/ early june when they should have finished spawning and be hungry again. anything except pike is only ever a stop gap for me Wink
i may do a bit of bit fishing just to find where the pike food hangs out.
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 pm

rozzo the pike food is in the water thats where it hangs out tut tut you really do need to get the basics right pmsl
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 pm

watching kayaks and buying a boat kell,,, watch this space m8 ;-)
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Some body has stolen the flower display boat from the waterfront round about complete with aspidistras can someone nip round to rozzos and see if he has a good display in his front garden ?
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down