Keeping Pike in a brook?

Go down

Keeping Pike in a brook?

Post  NamesJackButNotASmallPike on Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I have this little brook at the bottom of the land which I live on, I have dammed it so even in the summer when water levels get low the deepest pool is about 2-3ft deep. The stretch is about 250 metres long but between the 4 deep pools are stretches of 4-6 inch deep fast flowing water there are 3 simple wooden dams and deep pools infront and behind them, are these conditions suitable for a pike? And if they are how much would a pike eat? and I imagine pike are territorial will I be able to put more than one in the brook? Thanks for any replies
NamesJackButNotASmallPike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keeping Pike in a brook?

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Illegal to move live pike mate and the conditions probably aren't that suitable. Pike need more than 3 times their bodyweight a year just to maintain their current weight but they'll eat roughly up to 7 times that.
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NamesJackButNotASmallPike on Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Illegal to move live pike mate and the conditions probably aren't that suitable. Pike need more than 3 times their bodyweight a year just to maintain their current weight but they'll eat roughly up to 7 times that.
Thanks mate, that could've been a sticky situation
NamesJackButNotASmallPike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down