Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's

Go down

Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's Empty Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's

Post  petestanley on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Simple question, which is the best. I want to invest in some backbiters for October. Not overly bothered about price. Just want something that works and isn't going to break with the cold and rain. What's everyone's opinion?
petestanley
petestanley

http://www.northernpiker.com

Back to top Go down

Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's Empty Re: Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's

Post  petestanley on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Or maybe a better question would be, I'm 99.9 percent for the Billy's, is that the right choice?
petestanley
petestanley

Back to top Go down

Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's Empty Re: Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's

Post  stubbo on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:29 pm

petestanley wrote:Or maybe a better question would be, I'm 99.9 percent for the Billy's, is that the right choice?
did have some backbiters years ago but they did not last long pete if i can remember they just stopped working......been using fox microns ever since no problems
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul24 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 pm

If you can get your hands on them a set of fox lxr's alarms are a solid bit of kit
Paul24
Paul24

Back to top Go down

Post  applehead on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:57 am

I had the fox , could never get them set up how I wanted them, just did not get on with them , I now have the billys backbiters , superb !
applehead
applehead

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 pm

deffo billys,, mine are great;) 
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I though the Billy's Backbiters had ceased production due to the maker having too much time on his hands and wanting more time to himself, his hobbies and his family?

scratch

if you can get a set, they will be worth the pennies spent, I hear nothing but good praise for them.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

MrMakk wrote:I though the Billy's Backbiters had ceased production due to the maker having too much time on his hands and wanting more time to himself, his hobbies and his family?

scratch

if you can get a set, they will be worth the pennies spent, I hear nothing but good praise for them.
You can still get them he sold the business to someone else, they are £70 plus £5 p&p
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  petestanley on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah, a lad called Paul does them now. Think I'm gonna order a pair this week. I always thought the et's looked a bit flimsy, and I've never heard of anyone using the predator alarm ones. They look fairly good on the pics but for the same price as the billys, I'll stick with what I know have lasted. The fox's look good to but have heard they wear out quickly at the cable join? Anyone got experience of that?
petestanley
petestanley

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 pm

plumb68 wrote:
MrMakk wrote:I though the Billy's Backbiters had ceased production due to the maker having too much time on his hands and wanting more time to himself, his hobbies and his family?

scratch

You can still get them he sold the business to someone else, they are £70 plus £5 p&p
think i only paid 20 squid thought they were a bit flimsy to be honest maybe they are better built these days hence the price
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  petestanley on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

A quick question reading the Billy's, how do they attach to the bank stick?
petestanley
petestanley

Back to top Go down

Post  petestanley on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Regarding price, from what I saw from the old website, a lot of the extras such as volume, weighted drop arm and attx comparability are now standard
petestanley
petestanley

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:49 pm

petestanley wrote:A quick question reading the Billy's, how do they attach to the bank stick?
They have two terry clips, and your correct on you're other post all as standard

Been messaging him today as thinking of getting a set myself
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:44 pm

wouldnt have fox pike alarms full stop on the other two though

Billy's vs E.T vs Predator Alarms vs Fox Micron P's DSC00549

up to you both are good

billys blue nose and original et backbiter, im betting they bad reviews of et's are the et ones not eddie turners originals or newer nanobiters
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 pm

scratch

Paul -sheff one of our members now owns billys backbiters

and they are back in production :-)

adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  paul_sheff on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 am

Hi fellas Paul from billysbackbiters here
Sorry to have not been on here and replied sooner but as you can imagine I have been very busy with the upcoming pike season . I am having a fair few enquirys . Alarms to make and I am also getting ready for the PAC convention as I have paid for a trade stand.
I have been very busy developing a few new bits and bobs and playing with a few more options to offer on the backbiters

Eddie turners or Billy's ?

I guess it's a case of ya get what ya pay for. My alarms are by no means the cheapest but I believe as do many other out there they are the best . I use top quality parts and hand build them personally. And I pride myself on my service N warrantee all my alarms for 2 years parts and labour.

I did own a pair of the original Eddie turners lasted a couple of seasons and 1 stopped working .
I since bought some Billy's backbiters off the previous owner / designer and pike god Steve Bown and they have taken some serious abuse for many a sesh in wind rain and gales and never missed a beat

As for the old blog page yes a lot of options were available back then . I decided when taking over that every Billy's would be all singing all dancing . Volume control, attx compatible on a 3.5mm jack. The only decision you need to make is which design you like . Red alert, black an blue, or blue nose . Or even a custom colour . You decide

So if any of you guys have any questions please e-mail us at paul_billysbackbiters@yahoo.co.uk
My lovely wife claire ,keeps an eye on the e-mails and sorts out payments via PayPal and then tells me what to build for when.

So that's about it for now .

Tight lines guys

Paul

paul_sheff
paul_sheff

http://Www.billysbackbiters.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  petestanley on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 am

Hi Paul, I spoke to you on Facebook about a pair of alarms, just waiting for some expenses to clear then I'll be ordering a set. Just making sure my decision was the right one Smile hopefully money is in my account today or tomorrow. What's the lead time on them atm, I know you're busy with getting stuff ready for PAC convention. Cheers.
petestanley
petestanley

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm

paul_sheff wrote:Hi fellas Paul from billysbackbiters here
   Sorry to have not been on here and replied sooner but as you can imagine I have been very busy with the upcoming pike season . I am having a fair few enquirys . Alarms to make and I am also getting ready for the PAC convention as I have paid for a trade stand.
    I have been very busy developing a few new bits and bobs and playing with a few more options to offer on the backbiters

Eddie turners or Billy's ?

I guess it's a case of ya get what ya pay for. My alarms are by no means the cheapest but I believe as do many other out there they are the best . I use top quality parts and hand build them personally. And I pride myself on my service N warrantee all my alarms for 2 years parts and labour.

I did own a pair of the original Eddie turners lasted a couple of seasons and 1 stopped working .
    I since bought some Billy's backbiters off the previous owner / designer and pike god Steve Bown and they have taken some serious abuse for many a sesh in wind rain and gales and never missed a beat

As for the old blog page yes a lot of options were available back then . I decided when taking over that every Billy's would be all singing all dancing . Volume control, attx compatible on a 3.5mm jack. The only decision you need to make is which design you like . Red alert, black an blue, or blue nose . Or even a custom colour . You decide

So if any of you guys have any questions please e-mail us at paul_billysbackbiters@yahoo.co.uk
   My lovely wife claire ,keeps an eye on the e-mails and sorts out payments via PayPal and then tells me what to build for when.

So that's about it for now .

Tight lines guys

Paul

i wont disagree with any of that one thing i did miss earlier is the volume the old (original eddie turner ones not the ones you can buy from the friendly fisherman) ones as pictured in my earlier post are a fair bit quieter than the billys i have but they are what at least 15 years old (cant think what year i bought em but it was the 90's at some point) so i can forgive them that especially after the years of faultless service ive had out of them
anyone looking at my billys will notice the clip is the original one as in the converted gardner clip
they are very good dont be put off by the heath robinson looks they work
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum