PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre-baiting new water to me

4 posters

Go down

pre-baiting new water to me Empty pre-baiting new water to me

Post  pikehunter20 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

again hi new to forum would just like to ask pre-baiting how long before putting a line in about to start on a big water gunna fish a area where i have seen fish come out but will be baiting a swim that looks great but hard to get to any advice would be great regards Darren:?: 
pikehunter20
pikehunter20

Back to top Go down

pre-baiting new water to me Empty Re: pre-baiting new water to me

Post  Dave-Newman Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 pm

i prebaited my trout water 3 times a week for a few weeks only stuck in 2/3kg a time, fished it, landed 7 to 18.3, then left if for a week.

baited 6/7kg 2 days before i fished it the following week and struggled big time, left it a day, then fished it again, giving the fish more time to get onto the bait. NOTHING apart from 2 upper singles and 1 was on the drifter Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

if i was you, bait it few times a week for a few weeks, then fish
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 pm

pikehunter20 wrote:again hi new to forum would just like to ask pre-baiting how long before putting a line in about to start on a big water gunna fish a area where i have seen fish come out but will be baiting a swim that looks great but hard to get to any advice would be great regards Darren:?: 
dont let anyone see you doing it pal and reap your rewards it happened to me pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  pikehunter20 Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 pm

[quote="Dave-Newman"]i prebaited my trout water 3 times a week for a few weeks only stuck in 2/3kg a time, fished it, landed 7 to 18.3, then left if for a week.

baited 6/7kg 2 days before i fished it the following week and struggled big time, left it a day, then fished it again, giving the fish more time to get onto the bait. NOTHING apart from 2 upper singles and 1 was on the drifter Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

if i was you, bait it few times a week for a few weeks, then fish

cheers is there any way i can rig anything to show if my free bait as been visited ?
pikehunter20
pikehunter20

Back to top Go down

Post  pikehunter20 Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

not sure what i did to right it on yours
pikehunter20
pikehunter20

Back to top Go down

Post  pikehunter20 Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 pm

wright:oops: 
pikehunter20
pikehunter20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 pm

you can use sprats, tie on with nylon or cotton, chuck out tie other end on a stick or something... basically like the eastern boys but without the hooks LOL....
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  pikehunter20 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 pm

again cheers was thinking that or a bit of red pop up foam
pikehunter20
pikehunter20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 pm

pikehunter20 wrote:again cheers was thinking that or a bit of red pop up foam
they you have be 100% on your depth, id go personally with my way, cant fail really, unless the fish comes off when you chuck it LOL bounce bounce bounce 

prebait will work, jacks 1st until the bigger girls move in and move them out. Thats the theory, but the 1st time i fished my baited spot, smallest i had was 9.9
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  Preeny Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:24 pm

In my opinion Pike are no different to any other fish when it comes to attraction and holding them in a swim. I use the same priciple i would when bream fishing and it's worked for me fine over the years. I use a groundbait with different ingredients to attract both prey fish and predators into the swim and add any offcuts or fish heads etc i can get old of and i ALWAYS save my old washed out deadbaits and freeze them to blend up and add some fish oil to and throw them into it too, occasionally the odd tin of sardines or mackrel in sunflower oil is also added and the groundbait is made up the night before. On arrival at a venue the first thing i do is throw or catapult balls of this out (the amount depends on the conditions) and instead of leads i use swimfeeders and pack the groundbait into them for more attraction.

Preeny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down