Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm

Go down

Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm Empty Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:03 pm

thought about buying thee's "Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm" of flee bay. would thay do for brown trout. and how would you mount them on a hook Question .
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm Empty Re: Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:16 pm

becareful mate buyinb them of ebay/carboots,theres a lot of old stock going abt,they could be out of date or been in strong sunlight.you can put them on a air rig.trout pellets could work out cheaper?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm Empty Re: Marine Halibut Pellets Pre-Drilled 8mm

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

point taken nick. air rig whats that bud. are the pellets any good tho...
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:34 pm

halibut pellets a great mate,just look up hairrigs on google mate,marine halibut pellets av got oils in,but they work better in warmer weather because oil despences better in warmer water.they do work in winter but slower results.you can get pellet bands,then fit on hook then pellet fits in them,they good.i use a 8mm pellet on a band on size 14 hook fished at a foot deep connected to a chummer float,[a small cage feeder that floats with a like bubble float top on it.fill that with ground bait,smaller pellets ect.cast out an keep cattin smaller pellets to it.you get fish feeding anthey get scrapping to get you bait.brill method Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:58 pm

do you attach the pellet to the hook or the line. i'v never fished this method before bud. i even thought about lug worm for trout fishing ?. Shocked
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 pm

pellet bands just slide on hook,hairrigs tyed on.will try an sort a link for you mate 2morra
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:08 pm

thanks nick Very Happy
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:17 pm

They won't work for wild brownies. Catch a wildie on a halibut pellet and you've won the lottery. Stockies only react to pellets because it's all they know. Wildies have a little more 'brain' power.

.....Andy..... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 pm

i av caught trout on sink an draw sprats Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 pm

nickcarpy wrote:i av caught trout on sink an draw sprats Smile

I can see why too. I used to use minnow mounts, drop-minnow or even freelined minnows for brownies regularly. I guess it's no great leap from minnows to sprats and you probably dace (which look a bit like sprats at speed) n stuff down there too?

....Andy....
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:
nickcarpy wrote:i av caught trout on sink an draw sprats Smile

I can see why too. I used to use minnow mounts, drop-minnow or even freelined minnows for brownies regularly. I guess it's no great leap from minnows to sprats and you probably dace (which look a bit like sprats at speed) n stuff down there too?

....Andy....
Dace are like sprats ON speed Andy
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brookie on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Laughing Laughing
Brookie
Brookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Nice pic Brookie
whats that weigh then?
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brookie on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 pm

16 lb mate my first double
Brookie
Brookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Nice fish and surroundings too. well done mate.
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:They won't work for wild brownies. Catch a wildie on a halibut pellet and you've won the lottery. Stockies only react to pellets because it's all they know. Wildies have a little more 'brain' power.

.....Andy..... geek

i never thought of it that way andy. stockies, said it all.. have you tryed lug worm on fresh water fish , i've heard thay are ok for coarse fishing ??.
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Bit of info on here for making hair rigs

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Rig-Section/Carp-Rigs/tie_hair_rig_knotless_knot.html

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 pm

thanks for that adie.
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down