casting flies.

Go down

casting flies.

Post  Al on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:20 am

Simply question really after recently investing in some fly gear for pike 10's rod and reel ,and plenty of practise casting. I was wondering if poppers are easier to cast than normal flies. The flies I have are all 4-6 inch ,and are quite good i v'e had a few pike up to 10ib on a roach pattern , and I v'e got to say it's a great way to fish for pike, but it's hard work ,do poppers offer less resistance than a normal pike fly or are they about the same when casting, hope that makes sense ....
cheers Al..

Al

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: casting flies.

Post  Tigi113 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Look up Double haul casting on YouTube, Make sure your line is designed for casting big flies....
Tigi113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Al on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:05 am

Tigi, I think the line I have is fine 10wt floating by greys with a 10wt agility xps rod,and an Okuma reel ,and i'm happy with the distance I can get .
I looked up double haul it looks hard ,but it looks a much better and faster way to get your fly out ,i'll go and have a practise .
Thanks for the advice.....

Al

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:04 am

Al wrote: Tigi, I  think the line I have is fine 10wt floating by greys with a 10wt agility xps rod,and an Okuma reel ,and i'm happy with the distance I can get .
I looked up double haul it looks hard ,but it looks a much better and faster way to get your fly out ,i'll go and have a practise .
Thanks for the advice.....
you will be surprised how close the pike are that's if your bank fishing pal
a lot of my pike caught on a fly are right next to the bank when they decide to take try a smaller fly if you need that extra distance 50mm size you don't need a massive fly always .... Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down