PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coming season

5 posters

Go down

coming season Empty coming season

Post  rozzo Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:20 pm

good luck to all for the coming Esox season,, been a very long and boring summer without them Cool
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

coming season Empty Re: coming season

Post  Dave-Newman Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:04 pm

thank you and do NOT forgot the invite you gave me last season my friend.... to PM me Smile
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

coming season Empty heavy lure fishing

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:29 pm

hope to do I bit more fishing on the boat this season just like fishing with the heavy stuff big baits = big fish hopefully Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash morton Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Now the temps have dropped and the shitty weathers here it feels more right, might even dunk my first bait this weekend, re spooled up reels this week and got my new lumby x1's what have been sat in tackle room since last may to put through their paces, here's for hoping for a kipper
Ash morton
Ash morton

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-Newman Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:28 pm

im on the bank friday
Dave-Newman
Dave-Newman

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:14 am

Ash morton wrote:Now the temps have dropped and the shitty weathers here it feels more right, might even dunk my first bait this weekend, re spooled up reels this week and got my new lumby x1's what have been sat in tackle room since last may to put through their paces, here's for hoping for a kipper
notice from your avatar pic you do a bit of boat fishing whats your favourite tatic from a boat ie

static baits under float

trolling , spinning

or do you favour most tatics

what do you think brought you the most success Very Happy

stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash morton Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am

stubbo wrote:
Ash morton wrote:Now the temps have dropped and the shitty weathers here it feels more right, might even dunk my first bait this weekend, re spooled up reels this week and got my new lumby x1's what have been sat in tackle room since last may to put through their paces, here's for hoping for a kipper
notice from your avatar pic you do a bit of boat fishing   whats your favourite tatic from a boat ie

static  baits under float

trolling , spinning

or do you favour most tatics

what do you think brought you the most success Very Happy

Hi off the boat I mix it up a fair bit, know the area of river I fish fairly well now so can drop on different spots so throught the day may tie up and put a few baits out first thing usually static, then after an hour action depending I'll go a wonder with ultralite rod casting jigs for perch and any small ones go in my bucket and while I'm doing this usually have a free rover out back of boat, amazing how many pike sit just off shoals of perch, then may fish static or swim a live about while I have dinner somewere, then off jigging for perch again then last few hours (prime time I've found on my river) I'll be tied up in a known producing peg with a couple of deads out and maybe a live depending on the nature of the swim, always have my 3 boats rods (2 for over depth deads and 1 for a free swimming live) then my UL rod for bait catching and in hope of good perch

But when I've been down Norfolk I mostly float troll lives if a mates on boat 1 rod each but have a spare rod each for when we take a break to chuck a dead out!
Ash morton
Ash morton

Back to top Go down

coming season Empty boat fishing

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:45 pm

cheers pal

having done a lot of bank fishing over the years , just getting into the boat fishing for pike probably had a dozen or so sessions up to now had 3 twentys so not doing to bad I suppose on static deads and a few scrappers on the lures

got me own boat 14 ft ali job with all the gear, the problem with me is getting the time off to go

but enjoying throwing the big rubbers about having a few good offers but not many hook ups had some good fish follow to the boat

think I am getting there with this different approach to piking learning something new with every session
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash morton Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:30 pm

stubbo wrote: cheers pal

having done a lot of bank fishing over  the years , just getting into the boat fishing for pike probably had a dozen or so sessions up to now   had 3 twentys so not doing to bad I suppose  on static deads and a few scrappers on the lures  

got me own boat 14 ft ali job  with all the gear,  the problem with me is getting the time off to go

but enjoying throwing the big rubbers about   having a few good offers but not many hook ups  had some good fish follow to the boat

think I am getting there  with this different approach to piking   learning something new with every session

Its all good fun, its still quite new to me, what Ali you got? I'm after a 14ft Ali if you hear of anyone parting with a decent nymph or sea strike

What type of water you fishing? I found starting on a big river quite daunting but with abit of common sense I'm still alive! Not done much on Stillwater afloat other than a few days on chew, got a few trips on Rutland this month tho and that's a big water at over 3000 acres
Ash morton
Ash morton

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 pm

been looking on ebay some crackers on there lately

mines a polar craft 14ft good boat but could do with being a bit deeper ok on still waters not had any problems with it so far

probably not really suitable for very big lochs with a bit of wind.

been down the dee a few times had a good fish follow right to the boat on first cast if I remember right

will put a few photos of it on so you can have a ganders at it

very light and really easy to launch by yourself
been out on the sea and had a few bass but the sea was like a mirror on them days Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:31 am

[img]coming season 18310[/img]
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Looks like a nice set-up.

psion

Back to top Go down

coming season Empty could do with a few more of these to go with the boat

Post  stubbo Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:47 pm

[img]coming season 18710[/img]
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash morton Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 pm

stubbo wrote:coming season <a href=coming season 18310" />

Looks a nice set up that, its amazing the freedom they give you, when the weathers nice I'm happy as a pig in s##t sat in boat not getting bothered even when the pike aren't playing
Ash morton
Ash morton

Back to top Go down

coming season Empty boating seems less hassle

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 am

too true pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content