New member from Skipton, hello to all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New member from Skipton, hello to all!

Post  Skipton Piker on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi everyone, I am from Skipton and have been fishing since I was about 6 (34 now), been pike fishing since my teens on and off but for the last 3-4 years I mainly have just concentrated on pike. I have a light weight aluminium boat and electric outboard which I take on Windermere as much as I can. Had some great days lure fishing in summer, best day was 18 fish between 10-15lb, and my friend caught 2 on the fly! Not as lucky in winter dead baiting, but still manage to get a few......Looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas and learning things from others!
Skipton Piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome

Post  admandino on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Hiya Skipton.
I tend to fish scottish lochs, never used a boat but would be keen too. They say you can cover alot more water? I tend to move from a few swims so get some good coverage. Am planning a trip in a couple of weeks, my first this winter. Caught my last few pike in spring / summer.
admandino

View user profile http://fishinimpossible.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post  Skipton Piker on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi there, you have some great Lochs in Scotland for Pike from what I gather, and I think a boat would be a great thing to have for them, as you say you cover so much more water thus increasing chances of catching! I used to fish from a canadian canoe, bout it wasn't the most stable, so I decided to get a Polarkraft J1243 with an electric outboard. It fits on roof rack and only weighs 50kg and I can just about manage to get it on and off the car myself, it's great. Cost just over a grand but I sold my canoe to help with the cost. Well worth it though!

Where are you planning on fishing when you go? I drive 58 miles to Windermere, but I love going there so I don't mind....
Skipton Piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member from Skipton, hello to all!

Post  admandino on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 pm

I live in Northumberland so drive up to Dumfries when I go, there is a few lochs quite close - approx 60 miles. Living where I do, there is not much choice. I know some people that also come down to Yorkshire to fish the Wharfe.
admandino

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipton Piker on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 pm

I haven't fished the Wharfe but know there are some good rivers towards York, just never tried them. I keep saying I will. There isn't a great deal on my doorstep neither, I used to do ok on the River Aire when I was younger but it seems to have gone down hill. Where as I'd catch maybe 3-5 a trip I'm lucky to get 1 so don't bother much now. Not sure what's happened really, some people say the Polish have eaten them!
Skipton Piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  admandino on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Rivers wise, I have only fished Norfolk Broads. All my other piking been in stillwaters. I have fished Bewl too, from a boat, a huge expanse of water.
I have heard the "poles" report too, only seen one group of people starting a fire at the loch where I was fishing as if they were gonna be cooking later.. I did ask them what they were doing, but they didnt undertsand me!
admandino

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Welcome to our forum bud Wink Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Skipton Piker on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Cheers Adie!
Skipton Piker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 am

admandino wrote:Rivers wise, I have only fished Norfolk Broads. All my other piking been in stillwaters. I have fished Bewl too, from a boat, a huge expanse of water.
I have heard the "poles" report too, only seen one group of people starting a fire at the loch where I was fishing as if they were gonna be cooking later.. I did ask them what they were doing, but they didnt undertsand me!
they do understand but the dont give 2 hoots pal Evil or Very Mad
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top