PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pike fishing book for beginners

+5
kev h
coops440
Eric Edwards
adie1200
Andy Webster
9 posters

Go down

A pike fishing book for beginners Empty A pike fishing book for beginners

Post  Andy Webster Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:36 am

I had a question asking to recommend a pike book that would cover techniques for pike fishing for a beginner.

Here's a link Ask PikeAngler

What would YOUR recommendations be? study

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A pike fishing book for beginners Empty Re: A pike fishing book for beginners

Post  adie1200 Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:32 pm

I've got one that I would recommend to a beginner
Fox guide to Modern Pike Fishing
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Not a book as such, but I'm currently working towards providing a PAC pike fishing course for beginners and intermediate level pike anglers. We can't do it for free as there are significant costs involved but I've already delivered a course aimed at existing angling coaches which went very well and the feedback gained from this course will help us in fine-tuning future courses.

The course will entail two days of tuition, probably Saturday and Sunday and will be mainly practically based but with some classroom work. It will focus on the three main pike fishing disciplines, livebaiting, deadbaiting and lure fishing but will also touch on more advanced. The emphasis will be very much geared towards sustainable pike fishing so safe handling, safe rigs and proper management of our pike fishing resource will feature prominantly throughout, as will safety for the angler. There will be a course text, published by the PAC and each participant will automatically receive one year's membership of the PAC so they're not just given two days of study and left on their own, they will be able to "plug in" to the organisation, its regions, its website and forum and its coaching service.

The cost will be in the region of £100 for the package and it will be delivered by the PAC's large and growing team of qualified and registered angling coaches.

Would members of this forum be interested in this kind of thing?
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

A pike fishing book for beginners Empty books

Post  coops440 Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:10 pm

any of nevilles books would be a good start or eddie turners first book if you can get a second hand one from ebay. failing that go to the pac website for some basic info, failing that blag a day with someone who knows their piking , you will learn more in a day if your catching by watching than a month of reading. plus you will have the crack! Very Happy
the basic rule is to keep everything as simple as possible and avoid all those complicated rigs that the carping numties invent!

coops440

Back to top Go down

Post  kev h Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Fox guide is spot on buddy

Last edited by kev h on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

kev h

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I have loads of books, pikehunter20 recently gave me a copy of the aforementioned modern fox pike guide, and I have to say I totally agree. It's spot on for the beginner and covers a wide range of piking.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:53 am

also the d.v.d fox guide to pike fishing with mat hayes and cottis very informative for a novice some very good tips on there Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:18 am

stubbo wrote: also the d.v.d fox guide to pike fishing  with mat hayes and cottis  very informative for a novice   some very good tips on there Very Happy

I have the one with Mick Brown and Max Cottis, Mick Brown and his tackle lol, he is landing one of the Pike and his rod and reel are just dumped in the water with the reel submerged.......too funny! Razz

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  jimlad Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 pm

+1 for the fox guide.

Yes its an advert for fox, but it is a useful book for beginners.

jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum