PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weigh nets

4 posters

Go down

weigh nets Empty weigh nets

Post  stubbo Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am

anybody used the weigh net with the built in scales in the handles there about 100 sqid each

think it would save time just to weigh and return straight away in the boat. Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

weigh nets Empty Re: weigh nets

Post  psion Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:44 pm

I have looked at them in the shop but just a little bit to expenses.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Never heard of them. Any links?
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:41 pm

I haven't got one but I did sit and watch one of those commercial carp match type anglers using one when I had a rare lunch hour once. I worked very very close to Drayton resi (think carp soup) and he must have had a dozen or more in the 40 minutes I sat watching him. He did use it very well and must have been a good guide to how well he was doing or how much he had crammed into each of his four keepnets. However for a specimen angler intending to catch one very good fish at a time I don't really think there is a need.

Much better to concentrate on the safety and welfare of your fish and lavish attention to it rather than get fixed on the size of it.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm

matt859 wrote:I haven't got one but I did sit and watch one of those commercial carp match type anglers using one when I had a rare lunch hour once.  I worked very very close to Drayton resi (think carp soup) and he must have had a dozen or more in the 40 minutes I sat watching him.  He did use it very well and must have been a good guide to how well he was doing or how much he had crammed into each of his four keepnets.  However for a specimen angler intending to catch one very good fish at a time I don't really think there is a need.

Much better to concentrate on the safety and welfare of your fish and lavish attention to it rather than get fixed on the size of it.
that's just it matt doing away with the weighing in a sling then finding the scales and so on , where the net would be less stressful to the fish back in the water in a jiffy me thinks Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:15 pm

yeah I see what your getting at. For a Carp angler it is easier to unhook (centre of bottom lip) whilst in a net but for the Pike there could be issues like flying trebles getting caught in the mesh etc
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:35 pm

matt859 wrote:yeah I see what your getting at. For a Carp angler it is easier to unhook (centre of bottom lip) whilst in a net but for the Pike there could be issues like flying trebles getting caught in the mesh etc
you can get trebles caught in any net matt to be honest think they only have short handle might have another look see Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down