water proofs

Go down

water proofs Empty water proofs

Post  coops440 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:07 pm

any one got any pointers for some good quality bib and brace and jacket combos that really are waterproof? was looking at the greys apollo then read some feedback on a sea site that said they are s***e and let water through like a sieve!
don't want to be paying daiwa gore tex prices either although its top stuff. theres a lot of gear about but have been using skiing sallopettes for the last two years but now no longer waterproof as suffered" wet blep" syndrome in the boat at blenhiem on sunday! any ideas appreciated Idea

coops440

Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Waterproofs

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Take a look at the Nash stuff. I've been using their over trousers for a fair while and they are completely watertight. Plenty of pockets, good fit, no problems! When my Keela jacket dies I'll be replacing it with more Nash stuff!

Just my 2d's worth...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  stubbo on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:26 am

coops440 wrote:any one got any pointers for some good quality bib and brace and jacket combos that really are waterproof? was looking at the greys apollo then read some feedback on a sea site that said they are s***e and let water through like a sieve!
don't want to be paying daiwa gore tex prices either although its top stuff. theres a lot of gear about but have been using skiing sallopettes for the last two years but now no longer waterproof as suffered" wet blep" syndrome in the boat at blenhiem on sunday! any ideas appreciated Idea
ive got the wichwood solace bib and brace had it about 3 seasons now very very warm and waterproof think they are on offer somewhere for 89 squid cant remember where I have seen it advertised Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  fatcaff on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:38 pm

I don't own these myself but I have a mate that does and he pretty much agrees with the reviewer on the page.
http://www.fishingmegastore.com/fisheagle-flotation-suit~6664.html?&filter_sortby=price+asc
fatcaff
fatcaff

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-10-31
Age : 37
Location : Paisley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  psion on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:09 pm

If you just want a waterproof thats not a problem Vass and Ocean do very good ones. The problem comes when you want

it to breath IE to take sweat away from the body. In a boat thats not a problem has you are not moving round. I have tried

all the fishing market ones over the years they all leak in heavy rain. I now have a Halkon Hunt but they are expensive.

psion

Posts : 709
Join date : 2011-11-25
Age : 68
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  fatcaff on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Forgot to say that I just layer up under ex-military gore-tex.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-10-31
Age : 37
Location : Paisley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  Ash morton on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:13 pm

fatcaff wrote:Forgot to say that I just layer up under ex-military gore-tex.  

Same here
Ash morton
Ash morton

Posts : 96
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 33
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  psion on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:44 pm

You can get some good ex-military clothing but its a lottery lot of crap on the internet.

psion

Posts : 709
Join date : 2011-11-25
Age : 68
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  coops440 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:34 pm

did think about the military gore tex but trying to get away from the camou look! What a Face
i might see about the greys strata stuff if i can find some reviews on it. i have tried so much gear over the years as all of a sudden it becomes" not waterproof" and its just woeful if your out in the boat with nowhere to hide! affraid

coops440

Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:50 am

coops440 wrote:did think about the military gore tex but trying to get away from the camou look! What a Face
i might see about the greys strata stuff if i can find some reviews on it. i have tried so much gear over the years as all of a sudden it becomes" not waterproof" and its just woeful if your out in the boat with nowhere to hide! affraid
to be honest the old fashioned rubbers are totally waterproof but can be cold when the chill factor drops no matter what you have on
don't think there is much out there that is totally waterproof even if its claimed to be....... Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 am

fatcaff wrote:I don't own these myself but I have a mate that does and he pretty much agrees with the reviewer on the page.
http://www.fishingmegastore.com/fisheagle-flotation-suit~6664.html?&filter_sortby=price+asc
think fladen do a camo one these are very good
I use one for my winter sea fishing but are a bit restrictive for movement better with the 2 piece Very Happy ideal on a boat in winter sounds daft but can be a bit to warm on a mild day Smile
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3600
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 56
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  noodle on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:26 am

Wax for me I also have gore stuff and buffalo gear but you can't beat a good old wax jacket and floppy wax hat
noodle
noodle

Posts : 1389
Join date : 2008-08-29
Age : 44
Location : nwest england

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty cheap n cheerful

Post  Trevski on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Being a right tight sod, I picked up a new and unused knee length Czech army winter coat for 35 quid from my local army n navy shop. I've never worn a warmer windproof coat, ever.

It's had to be waterproofed by hand and has only had one test of the wet stuff so far.......but am really impressed with it.
Trevski
Trevski

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 47
Location : Sandbach, Cheshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  coops440 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:50 pm

gone for the esp top stuff in the end. got a trade deal from kev, just waiting topic em up now. apparently the material is the same as gore tex without the silly price attached! Very Happy

coops440

Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

water proofs Empty Re: water proofs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum