good set off scales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good set off scales

Post  stubbo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:57 pm

anyone recommend a decent set of scales mine keep packing up .... mind you they don't come out much probably seized up Razz
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:41 am

flyweights are very good had mine 5 years

_________________
SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW MY NAME.
avatar
MAD BAD ANGLER

Posts : 1581
Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 50
Location : thorne, DONCASTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  piketastic on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 pm

I have used Reuben Heatons for a long time , I think we've had 1 or 2 posts about scales in the last year or 2 stubbo, I remember a post when I was on chew and pikehunter20 saw a lump getting weighed , 3 pounds or so difference on the captors 2 set of scales. Shocked . . . I'm not an expert on them , but I have had mine calibrated a couple of times over the last 2 years or so , so it makes me confident that the weight is right .
avatar
piketastic

Posts : 652
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 52
Location : sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  stubbo on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:45 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:flyweights are very good had mine 5 years
have you checked them pal found out mine were well out by nearly 3lb

new that 27lb fish was a thirty .....doh ha ho Evil or Very Mad
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 pm

i have checked them against other peoples scales and always seem to be about the same.

_________________
SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW MY NAME.
avatar
MAD BAD ANGLER

Posts : 1581
Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 50
Location : thorne, DONCASTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  rozzo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:45 am

madbad check them against known weight,,, 4 x 2lb bags of sugar for instance. you could have had a thirty already this year Cool
personally i love the avon mk7 specimen scales and find they are very accurate all the time Wink
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 595
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 55
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  lowdouble on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:32 am

I always carry 2 sets of scales with me, Fox digitals to 66lb for the day all hell breaks loose:D Very Happy Very Happy and a avon 32lbs for when the batteries go flat on the fox (inevitable)
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 656
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

scales

Post  coops440 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:42 pm

60lb reubens mate, these seem to be the industry standard as everyone i fish with has them. even the mud pig catchers seem to mad for em. Laughing
plus when i get them out of the case they won't be flat like the digies!!!

coops440

Posts : 63
Join date : 2009-09-22
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  Eric Edwards on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Reuben Heaton digitals for me, and it's no hardship to carry a soare set of batteries.
Best thing about them is the internal damping mechanism which gives you an accurate weight even in a boat on a windy day. I weighed a very big fish for a friend a month or so ago on his dial scales and found it very difficult to get an accurate reading. We were out in a boat in a stiff wind and the scales were jumping all over the place. I had a big fish myself that day (in a different boat) and weighed it easily on the digis.
avatar
Eric Edwards

Posts : 306
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  D@veG on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Last time we went on holiday I weighed our suitcases as you do with those cheap luggage scales to make sure they were within the limits, to my surprise they were very accurate because I checked the baggage again when at the airport car parking and noted it again at check in, all the readings were the same. So Iv got some in my rucksack now. Very Happy

D@veG

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:16 pm

D@veG wrote:Last time we went on holiday I weighed our suitcases as you do with those cheap luggage scales to make sure they were within the limits, to my surprise they were very accurate because I checked the baggage again when at the airport car parking and noted it again at check in, all the readings were the same. So Iv got some in my rucksack now. Very Happy  
they might be ok short term but over the years they can alter as I found out .......long storey Evil or Very Mad
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  D@veG on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:13 pm

stubbo wrote:
D@veG wrote:Last time we went on holiday I weighed our suitcases as you do with those cheap luggage scales to make sure they were within the limits, to my surprise they were very accurate because I checked the baggage again when at the airport car parking and noted it again at check in, all the readings were the same. So Iv got some in my rucksack now. Very Happy  
they might be ok  short term but over the years they can  alter as I found out  .......long storey  Evil or Very Mad

Iv had Berkley digitals go wrong on me, nothing is perfect in life

D@veG

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  Idlepiker on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:23 am

Had my Avon scales for years and years and they are still going strong, checked them against a couple of different sets last year and they were bang on.
avatar
Idlepiker

Posts : 185
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 49
Location : Harthill, S. Yorkshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:06 am

Idlepiker wrote:Had my Avon scales for years and years and they are still going strong, checked them against a couple of different sets last year and they were bang on.
i need a small set , nothing like a dinner plate i just try to keep things light when locating swims bounce
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  rozzo on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 am

stubbo wrote:
Idlepiker wrote:Had my Avon scales for years and years and they are still going strong, checked them against a couple of different sets last year and they were bang on.
i need a small set , nothing like a dinner plate  i just try to keep things light when locating swims bounce
the avon mk7's are compact enough to fit in a coat pocket stubbo Wink  they are robust,, reliable and very very accurate Cool
heres a set for sale http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-London-Scales-40LBS-Weighing-Scales-Fishing-Tackle-/281850687595?hash=item419f9c306b:g:uDgAAOSwAYtWPkfI
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 595
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 55
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  Idlepiker on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:55 pm

I had a small set of korum digitals, they hated the cold weather and were very temperamental. soon went back to my avons.
as Rozzo said they are rather compact and not that heavy.
avatar
Idlepiker

Posts : 185
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 49
Location : Harthill, S. Yorkshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm

rozzo wrote:
stubbo wrote:
Idlepiker wrote:Had my Avon scales for years and years and they are still going strong, checked them against a couple of different sets last year and they were bang on.
i need a small set , nothing like a dinner plate  i just try to keep things light when locating swims bounce
the avon mk7's are compact enough to fit in a coat pocket stubbo Wink  they are robust,, reliable and very very accurate Cool
heres a set for sale http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-London-Scales-40LBS-Weighing-Scales-Fishing-Tackle-/281850687595?hash=item419f9c306b:g:uDgAAOSwAYtWPkfI
will have to invest in a good set I think pal......i keep buying rubbish....
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3194
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  rozzo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:34 am

stubbo wrote:
rozzo wrote:
stubbo wrote:
Idlepiker wrote:Had my Avon scales for years and years and they are still going strong, checked them against a couple of different sets last year and they were bang on.
i need a small set , nothing like a dinner plate  i just try to keep things light when locating swims bounce
the avon mk7's are compact enough to fit in a coat pocket stubbo Wink  they are robust,, reliable and very very accurate Cool
heres a set for sale http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-London-Scales-40LBS-Weighing-Scales-Fishing-Tackle-/281850687595?hash=item419f9c306b:g:uDgAAOSwAYtWPkfI
will have to invest in a good set I think pal......i  keep buying rubbish....
you can pick em up on ebay for about twenty quid stubbo,, look for the 40lb ones as they make more sense when weighing than the 32lb ones (they use multiple dial turns and multiples of ten is more convenient than multiples of eight in my opinion) they really do seem bullet proof Cool
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 595
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 55
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good set off scales

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum