Trip - get together

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Trip - get together

Post  the bat on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:23 am

Gutted not to make either day as this is my regular water,good luck today to those who are fishing😉

the bat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 am

sounds like its being a good trip upto now, get a few more lads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:39 pm

one word,,,, FANTASTIC,,,, thanks craig for the invite. what a great bunch of folks, i have thoroughly enjoyed the last 32 hours fishing, laughing, teasing and proper pee taking. thanks craig and jake for sorting this out,, oh and daz, have you had one yet? your deano has Twisted Evil good luck to the guys heading for the marina and heres to the next one. oh and i caught a scraper and all the fish caught were beautifully marked. oh and deano caught a big un, din't you deano,, have you had one yet daz?
what did it weigh deano? think you may have mentioned it but not sure mate. it was a real pleasure to be cold and tired with a great bunch of folks. you guys over here should really stop seeing the pennines as a barrier Rolling Eyes
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi lads, stubbo was right, some good fish out , but not all to our lads.... Stubbo had 1 . So did rozzo , pike hunter20 (Daz) had 1 and Dean (Darren's brother) had 2 , including a 21.10 . I never get tired of looking at them big uns . It's great to be present when one shows itself Very Happy .
The rest of us were a bunch of blankers ! Although trev ( Matt 859 ) was still fishing when I left at 3. There was a few missed runs and a couple of lost fish. Cheers Jake for sorting it and nice to meet stubbo and meet up with rozzo and matt859 again. I try and get some pike pics sorted to add to here later. Cheers craig .
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:10 pm

piketastic wrote:Hi lads, stubbo was right, some good fish out , but not all to our lads.... Stubbo had 1 . So did rozzo , pike hunter20 (Daz) had 1 and Dean (Darren's brother) had 2 , including a 21.10 . I never get tired of looking at them big uns . It's great to be present when one shows itself Very Happy .
The rest of us were a bunch of blankers ! Although trev ( Matt 859 ) was still fishing when I left at 3. There was a few missed runs and a couple of lost fish. Cheers Jake for sorting it and nice to meet stubbo and meet up with rozzo and matt859 again. I try and get some pike pics sorted to add to here later. Cheers craig .
just glad one of you lot got into the bigger fish was worth the trip down well done that man .. was going to fish on your side but you early birds beat me to it ......that will teach me for getting up at 5.30 am ...good day anyways Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Looking forward to see the pictures.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 pm

I enjoyed it lads thanks..13 blanks in a row now iam changing to braid on that place from now on that ledge got me again stubbo.
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Sorry for the delay putting these on I've been a little busy  Very Happy

Here's the photos Craig sent me to put on for him ( I didn't cut the top off the bottom one it was like that Very Happy )

adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Thankyou Adie . The pics from top to bottom. Dean with his smaller fish , beautifully marked ! Dean with his 21-10 upping his p.b by 5 pound . Well done mate ! You can rely on Darren to catch one , the third picture. The bottom one was rozzo with one caught on lamprey . Cheers Craig.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 am

hi all..
what can i say? this was a great experience with like minded folk. on the strength of how enjoyable it was i have spoken to a friend who looks after a local water and we have permission to nightfish on a day/night/half day basis similar to this one on a lake where night fishing is not normally allowed,, it will be a weekend between now and the 20th december. i am thinking of 12th/13th december or a couple of days midweek as there is a pike match on there 20th december so i would like to get on before that. the lake in question holds a good head of pike to mid twenties and possibly a thirty who knows. loads of room to bivvy up and loads of fishable pegs. livebaits caught at the water are allowed and in daylight hours there are toilets etc.
anyone interested let me know and i will sort a firm date. hopefully craig can bring the posse again and if you can get over Jake you and the mrs are welcome to lodge here at mine the night before. uncle tony has to come or it's all off lol
thanks again Craig and Jake for putting on a superb do Twisted Evil
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks rozzo I'll go and speak to her now and see what she says you just missed her yesterday she came up forward couple of hours yesterday dinner.did Trevor catch before he left???
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 am

No he didn't lol. Not long after you guys left the mist came down really thick so I legged it. All the way back in the van I kept thinking what I would do differently when I go again. So as its just under two hours drive away from me I think a return trip is on my cards.

I had a good time none the less, its always good to meet members face to face and swop stories and tactics.
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:44 am

[quote="matt859"]No he didn't lol.  Not long after you guys left the mist came down really thick so I legged it.  All the way back in the van I kept thinking what I would do differently when I go again. So as its just under two hours drive away from me I think a return trip is on my cards.
Iam changing to a good braid just about to go in search of a couple new spare spools for the reels that's the last time that ledge or them big rocks have me on there...
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 am

hi Jake
i would avoid braid around rocks mate, they are the only thing that braid can't cope with. it snaps easier than good mono if it rubs against rocks according to all the reading i've done. what mono do you use mate?
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:44 am

silkmen wrote:
matt859 wrote:No he didn't lol.  Not long after you guys left the mist came down really thick so I legged it.  All the way back in the van I kept thinking what I would do differently when I go again. So as its just under two hours drive away from me I think a return trip is on my cards.
Iam changing to a good braid just about to go in search of a couple new spare spools for the reels that's the last time that ledge or them big rocks have me on there...
I WAS USEING 20LB MONO ...on that peg still managed to get snagged up think the way forward on there if your fishing close in is to use a float with heavy briad and really bully the fish over the ledge and if it comes off it comes off .....better than snapping off or tethering the pike .... me thinks Very Happy cant see any other way really
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

same fish or what

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:54 am

my mate had this 2 weeks ago but it weigh 23lb could it be the same[img][/img] might be able to compare the markings
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:02 pm

You could have 100 lb line and still get snagged in the rocks. Braid is rubbish on snags and abrasions, you will be better off with a strong abrasion resistant mono and then think of a way get the leads up over the rocks.

When im sea fishing I use a little doohickey called a lead lifter its a kite shaped piece of plastic that planes your lead up at a steep angle.
matt859

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:10 pm

stubbo wrote: my mate had this 2 weeks ago but it weigh 23lb  could it be the same" /> might be able to compare the markings
looks like it stubbo with the cloudy eye. Twisted Evil
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:51 pm

matt859 wrote:You could have 100 lb line and still get snagged in the rocks.  Braid is rubbish on snags and abrasions, you will be better off with a strong abrasion resistant mono and then think of a way  get the leads up over the rocks.

When im sea fishing I use a little doohickey called a lead lifter its a kite shaped piece of plastic that planes your  lead up at a steep angle.
yes I have used them but would they work with a bloody big pike pulling down... worth a try pal Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:57 pm

I've noticed lots of fish have that eye problem on there

the bat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Looks the same fish to me - although like bat says , the bailiff told me that there are quite a number of bigger pike on there with the eye problem .
Rozzo I will let you know tomorrow if I can get any time off in the next few weeks. Cheers craig.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:51 pm

piketastic wrote:Looks the same fish to me - although like bat says , the bailiff told me that there are quite a number of bigger pike on there with the eye problem .
Rozzo I will let you know tomorrow if I can get any time off in the next few weeks. Cheers craig.
no worries mate,, i am fishing a charity pike do near bolton tomorra in the howling wind and rain lol
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:33 pm

the bat wrote:I've noticed lots of fish have that eye problem on there
me too pal Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:35 pm

stubbo wrote:
me too pal Very Happy
I wonder what the problem is with the eyes on there if a few have this problem
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 pm

silkmen wrote:
stubbo wrote:
me too pal Very Happy
I wonder what the problem is with the eyes on there if a few have this problem
could be a parasites of sorts or old age

fished a lot of other waters with the same problems  normaly its only the one eye... or could be damage of other pike or bad handling

Last edited by stubbo on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top