PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 37 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  Pikeyjoe Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Managed to sneak away on my lunch break today to a local water with my fly rod. The river was a bit coloured so wasn't that hopeful. Had a fish on after about half an hour but it spat the hook...🙄 Decided to rest it and try later so when up stream below a weir where I caught a 2.5lb chub, On a fly tied on a 4/0 😂 No other pike so switched flies and went back to where I had lost the fish earlier. Third cast he took it and this time I got it in the net. Only a baby but a pike nonetheless and the first of 2017👍🏻 Sorry the photo is a bit random I was on my own so not the easiest thing to do. They are fairly thin the fish in this river and I'm sure that's why they are still catchable despite being hooked and lost half an hour earlier 😄

Anybody Catching - Page 37 Img_0210
Pikeyjoe
Pikeyjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm

[quote="Pikeyjoe"]Managed to sneak away on my lunch break today to a local water with my fly rod. The river was a bit coloured so wasn't that hopeful. Had a fish on after about half an hour but it spat the hook...🙄 Decided to rest it and try later so when up stream below a weir where I caught a 2.5lb chub, On a fly tied on a 4/0 😂 No other pike so switched flies and went back to where I had lost the fish earlier. Third cast he took it and this time I got it in the net. Only a baby but a pike nonetheless and the first of 2017👍🏻 Sorry the photo is a bit random I was on my own so not the easiest thing to do. They are fairly thin the fish in this river and I'm sure that's why they are still catchable despite being hooked and lost half an hour earlier 😄

they are all beautiful aren't they.  well done Joe and look at the size of the tail,, watch out roach you've no chance Evil or Very Mad
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:10 pm

[quote="Pikeyjoe"]Managed to sneak away on my lunch break today to a local water with my fly rod. The river was a bit coloured so wasn't that hopeful. Had a fish on after about half an hour but it spat the hook...🙄 Decided to rest it and try later so when up stream below a weir where I caught a 2.5lb chub, On a fly tied on a 4/0 😂 No other pike so switched flies and went back to where I had lost the fish earlier. Third cast he took it and this time I got it in the net. Only a baby but a pike nonetheless and the first of 2017👍🏻 Sorry the photo is a bit random I was on my own so not the easiest thing to do. They are fairly thin the fish in this river and I'm sure that's why they are still catchable despite being hooked and lost half an hour earlier 😄

Love them mini pike like little models
Pikeypete
Pikeypete

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:15 pm

a sweet little 8lb jack saved the blank today. things have really slowed down but it was a stunning day to be outside. well done to anyone catching a few☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Lovely little pike they all count Very Happy I've edited the photos and put them the right way up Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm

adie1200 wrote:Lovely little pike they all count Very Happy  I've edited the photos and put them the right way up Wink
if I catch a pike this year and the way its panning out...you could edit mine adie Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:02 pm

stubbo wrote:
adie1200 wrote:Lovely little pike they all count Very Happy  I've edited the photos and put them the right way up Wink
if I catch a pike this year  and the way its panning out...you could edit mine adie Laughing

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 pm

adie1200 wrote:
stubbo wrote:
if I catch a pike this year  and the way its panning out...you could edit mine adie Laughing

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
think I will take up knitting instead...next season clown
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeyjoe Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks adie 👍🏻
Pikeyjoe
Pikeyjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Think I'll join you Steve lol! lol!

Joe no probs mate 👍👍👍
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:39 pm

I am a blanker again today tried new venue ill try again tmoz
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 37 Empty New venue

Post  lorano Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Fished a Loch up near Avimore on Tuesday till Wednesday i didn't manage any fish but my brother landed 2,1@9lb and 1@13lb.Both lovely looking fish.Meant to be loads of big doubles in the water with a passer by saying he'd caught a 35lb fish.Anybody Catching - Page 37 Img_7210
Anybody Catching - Page 37 Img_7211

lorano

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:26 pm

one passer by told me once he caught a 55lb pike from the lake I was fishing in the Wigan area ..... oh reet oh chuck Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Keep at it Lorano, that looks like a lovely looking strain of pike that you have the fortune to be fishing for. Pretty fish indeed !
Unlucky Jake and Steve you've got to be due a good un.
Hopefully I'm on here tomorrow with a beauty. I can feel it 👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:31 pm

silkmen wrote:I am a blanker again today tried new venue ill try again tmoz
go fish that mussel bed mate,,,, telling you Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:32 pm

piketastic wrote:Keep at it Lorano, that looks like a lovely looking strain of pike that you have the fortune to be fishing for. Pretty fish indeed !
Unlucky Jake and Steve you've got to be due a good un.
Hopefully I'm on here tomorrow with a beauty. I can feel it 👍
good luck craig,, hope to see some pics Cool
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 am

Lorano those fish look like theyve never been caught before, stunners. there could be a real beauty waiting for you Wink

lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeyjoe Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Lovely fish, well done for the commitment of camping overnight in this weather 😬
Pikeyjoe
Pikeyjoe

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm afraid no pictures today.......... 120 miles round trip, -3 on arrival, ice in the margins, snapped one rod before I'd even cast in. Then put 2 rods in in the dark and a mass of weed tonned down and wiped them out. My mate arrived, cast in , his line caught hold of the rod I was about to cast and pulled the treble into my thumb. Luckily only lightly and barbless but the amount of blood was unreal i😀.
Not one to pack in easy , I settled down to blanking until I had to answer a call of nature, on doing so I joined an exclusive club that I know now there are at least 2 members, they are MBA and me. ( if he can guess what happened, I will let him spell it out, when he reads this post) 😀😀😀😀😀
After that Shaun ( nopikehere ) rang and suggested that the best window of opportunity today would be between 11.30 and 12.30 according to his horoscope 😀, so as the float bobbed and an 8 pounder was landed at 11.30 , I was excited at the chance of another run, lo and behold the alarm sounded at 12 and a 12 pounder was in the net. "Spot on" I hear you say...... Yes it would have been, but the 2 fish were to the bloke a couple of pegs away from me 😀😀😀😀😀.
After that it rained constantly and blew ice cold all afternoon.
Needless to say I blanked. I don't want too many days like that, I will have you know ! 👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:51 pm

piketastic wrote:I'm afraid no pictures today.......... 120 miles round trip, -3 on arrival, ice in the margins, snapped one rod before I'd even cast in. Then put 2 rods in in the dark and a mass of weed tonned down and wiped them out. My mate arrived, cast in , his line caught hold of the rod I was about to cast and pulled the treble into my thumb. Luckily only lightly and barbless but the amount of blood was unreal i😀.
Not one to pack in easy , I settled down to blanking until I had to answer a call of nature, on doing so I joined an exclusive club that I know now there are at least 2 members, they are MBA and me. ( if he can guess what happened, I will let him spell it out, when he reads this post) 😀😀😀😀😀
After that Shaun ( nopikehere ) rang and suggested that the best window of opportunity today would be between 11.30 and 12.30 according to his horoscope 😀, so as the float bobbed and an 8 pounder was landed at 11.30 , I was excited at the chance of another run, lo and behold the alarm sounded at 12 and a 12 pounder was in the net. "Spot on" I hear you say...... Yes it would have been, but the 2 fish were to the bloke a couple of pegs away from me 😀😀😀😀😀.
Needless to say I blanked. I don't want too many days like that, I will have you know ! 👍
we cant wait for gaz to tell us craig he may not log on for a day.what happened lol.
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm

silkmen wrote:
piketastic wrote:I'm afraid no pictures today.......... 120 miles round trip, -3 on arrival, ice in the margins, snapped one rod before I'd even cast in. Then put 2 rods in in the dark and a mass of weed tonned down and wiped them out. My mate arrived, cast in , his line caught hold of the rod I was about to cast and pulled the treble into my thumb. Luckily only lightly and barbless but the amount of blood was unreal i😀.
we cant wait for gaz to tell us craig he may not log on for a day.what happened lol.
sounds like a good session pal ....made me laugh pal thought I only had sessions like that lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:16 pm

No way I had a feeling you were in for a good day today
Pikeypete
Pikeypete

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 pm

sounds like a good days fishing not lol! lol! only thing i can think of that you are hinting at may have something to do with eeeerrr poo and a one piece suit/ hood Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:31 am

Bullseye Gaz ! Some of it landed in my hood 😀😀😀. Luckily though, I spotted it and wet wipes sorted it. I know you weren't so lucky Gaz.😀 Hope you don't mind me joining your club ! 😀😀😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:33 am

piketastic wrote:Bullseye Gaz ! Some of it landed in my hood 😀😀😀. Luckily though, I spotted it and wet wipes sorted it. I know you weren't so lucky Gaz.😀 Hope you don't mind me joining your club ! 😀😀😀
ha ha so you had a sh*t day all round then mate DOH!
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next