Fishing Canal Problems

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  rozzo on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 pm

that's a good sign as someone else obviously thinks there are decent pike in there Twisted Evil
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 576
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 54
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Well lads i am proud to say ive beat my PB and had a great couple of hours on the canal today.
I had some Sprats in a bag in red dye for a couple of days and they have worked a treat.
Thanks for that advice Stubbo, on a dead bait ledger float rig they came in lovely.

I would like to thank all of you for your help and advice, You have helped make my dry run worth it.

First of the session


Second of the session.


The second catch again with a cool view.


Last edited by HDangler on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  adie1200 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

At last cheers cheers cheers
Did you use the same setup as the one I showed you ? I think it's a good setup I always have at least one rod set up like that 😊 did you get round to trying sink and draw / wobbling ?

We can expect a few more pics now you have got the knack Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 60
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Aye mate i think i have found the right spot and the red sprat did it i think.

The same as you said but not as heavy ledger, i used a line through barrel ledger. Any dangling things off the line tend to get stuck on some rubbish at the bottom of the canal so use a thin barrel weight, enough to help the bite take when pulled.

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  adie1200 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:23 pm

I use barrel leads as well but they work better with a bit of weight in them as the weight should stay where it is and just the float move well at least until the run develops into a full blown run lol it does work better with a float like the one I showed you and if you have a Range near you or anywhere else that sells cheap fladen fishing gear they do a similar float that's almost half the price and does just as good a job Very Happy
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 60
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:26 pm

I do have a range round near me, also a Boyes store which sells a load of fladon gear, i will post some pics of my gear once i get tea down me and settled.


Last edited by HDangler on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Had another good run today on the red Sprats. Just thought i'd post some pics.




HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  adie1200 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 pm

We have created a monster lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Well in mate you are getting into them now Thumb up
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 60
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Cheers Adie, it feels good to be on a run and catching something. For once i hardly used my lures and kept my eyes glued to my float Laughing

I am going to spend a couple of hours tomorrow trying for some more but on saturday i am going further out with some guy i met today on the canal pike fishing, who quickly asked to rub his dead bait with my red dye after seeing me reel them in Laughing
I have been promised a gold mine of huge perch but we will see about that.

smile

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  rozzo on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:51 pm

superb mate well done,, you won't go wrong taking advice from Adie and the lads on here Wink
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 576
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 54
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 am

Cheers pal, This is my new home, everyone been really cool with me. Whats not to love about fun and helping each other over our beloved pike.

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  J Robinson on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 am

Nice to see the result of so much hard work pay off - well done Very Happy

J Robinson

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 am

HDangler wrote:Well lads i am proud to say ive beat my PB and had a great couple of hours on the canal today.
I had some Sprats in a bag in red dye for a couple of days and they have worked a treat.
Thanks for that advice Stubbo, on a dead bait ledger float rig the came in lovely.

I would like to thank all of you for your help and advice, You have helped make my dry run worth it.

First of the session


Second of the session.


The second catch again with a cool view.

glad it works for you pal like it works for me,  glad to be off help pal , that little tweak can make all the difference Very Happy
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  Pikeyjoe on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Well done mate, glad you have found them. I've never used red spray so will give it a go. It's great when you ask a question on a forum and you get the advice you need.
avatar
Pikeyjoe

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Hey guys, can i ask a question on weather please? I was fishing today and it was really sunny and mild with no wind and never had a nibble, where as the past 2 days i have been catching, it has been grim and windy.

Does these weather conditions help in any way.

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  adie1200 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 am

Bright sunshine can be the kiss of death with pike on a lot of waters especially if its clear water some waters they will carry on feeding but not on many waters that's my findings anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 60
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  rozzo on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:04 am

HDangler wrote:Hey guys, can i ask a question on weather please? I was fishing today and it was really sunny and mild with no wind and never had a nibble, where as the past 2 days i have been catching, it has been grim and windy.

Does these weather conditions help in any way.
personally i hate bright calm days for pike mate. windy with a good chop/ripple every time
avatar
rozzo

Posts : 576
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 54
Location : doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:09 am

Cheers Adie, i thought as much. Tomorrow is looking pretty grim after dinner with a fair bit of wind. Hopefully that helps in my favour as going on a mission out of town further up the canal into unknown territory.

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  adie1200 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:13 am

Good luck mate Wink
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3420
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 60
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  HDangler on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 am

Hopefully plenty of pictures for ya. smile

HDangler

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  J Robinson on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:17 am

Completely unrelated to this thread, but my 2.5 year old daughter and I were reading this and she correctly the fish in the photos as a pike. I couldn't be prouder! Laughing

J Robinson

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  stubbo on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Pikeyjoe wrote:Well done mate, glad you have found them. I've never used red spray so will give it a go. It's great when you ask a question on a forum and you get the advice you need.
I also have used a gold/ yellow dye to good effect over the years , bought this in tackle shop in the lakes,
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  stubbo on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:12 pm

J Robinson wrote:Completely unrelated to this thread, but my 2.5 year old daughter and I were reading this and she correctly the fish in the photos as a pike. I couldn't be prouder! Laughing
wait till you take her fishing for the first time and she catches her first pike pal its a special feeling..... Very Happy
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  J Robinson on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05 am

stubbo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:Completely unrelated to this thread, but my 2.5 year old daughter and I were reading this and she correctly the fish in the photos as a pike. I couldn't be prouder! Laughing
wait till you take her fishing for the first time and she catches her first pike pal its a special feeling..... Very Happy

She got cross with me on Wednesday because she wanted to go fishing too. She's already 'caught' a few roach on the pole (with a fair bit of help). Pike fishing might have to wait until she is a bit older and more patient. I'll train her on the 'fish a chuck' type fishing first Very Happy

J Robinson

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  stubbo on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm

J Robinson wrote:
stubbo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:Completely unrelated to this thread, but my 2.5 year old daughter and I were reading this and she correctly the fish in the photos as a pike. I couldn't be prouder! Laughing
wait till you take her fishing for the first time and she catches her first pike pal its a special feeling..... Very Happy

She got cross with me on Wednesday because she wanted to go fishing too. She's already 'caught' a few roach on the pole (with a fair bit of help). Pike fishing might have to wait until she is a bit older and more patient. I'll train her on the 'fish a chuck' type fishing first Very Happy
took the grandson last year , set him up with a light lure rod on this small pond , near to the caravan in wales he caught to nice jacks in know time , well chuffed he is a natural at working the lures.
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 54
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing Canal Problems

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum