Leader set ups.. what do you use?

Go down

Leader set ups.. what do you use?

Post  Pikeyjoe on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has tried using Polyleaders for pike on the fly? My current set up is a Rio Outbound line with about 6ft of 25lb Amnesia attached to some Surflon knotable wire with an Allbright knot then small snap clip to attach fly. I have been having problems getting my flies down enough and have been experimenting with adding small split shot to the front of the fly which has been working but i can't help but feel it effects the fly action. I have just ordered an Airflo pike/bass Polyleader in fast sink and see how it goes. interested in your setups and what you have found works and what doesn't.
Pikeyjoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leader set ups.. what do you use?

Post  Tigi113 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Not tryed polyleaders, I tied some flys with the hook faceing up when I added some shot so I could bump it along the bottom, but for me you cannot beat a hanging fly Laughing , let us know how you get on...
Tigi113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeyjoe on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:13 am

I found the polly leader wasn't really man enough to sink a budgie so didn't make much difference. I still ended up adding shot. I like using a small link though to attach the fly rather than tying it on with knotable wire. If anything it actually gives the fly better movement. An usd fly is a good idea especially if bumping the bottom so might give that a try thanks.
Pikeyjoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigi113 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:06 pm

It was worth a try would have been much cheeper then buying new sinking lines..
Tigi113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down