PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loch Awe trip

+6
piketastic
onetoner
stubbo
mal wynne
J Robinson
lorano
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Loch Awe trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Loch Awe trip

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 pm

isnt that lough famous for its ferox too? what a lovely surprise a double figure trout would be Shocked
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lorano Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Yeah mate holds the uk record brown trout 31lb!

lorano

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Jesus!!!!! that would make a great C&R photo Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lorano Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Well back up Sunday and fishing the south end so hopefully be a good day.

lorano

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm

good luck buddy,

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  lorano Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 pm

We'll just back and blanked...we all did.4 of us went up 2 to a boat.The weather conditions were horrible,misty,drizzley rain,really bad chopp on the water.Tried drifter fishing,baits hard on the bottom,suspended baits,lures.We all fished 3 rods each and never had a sniff.
I get very 'frustrated' as my brother pointed out a few times but that's fishing i suppose.

I reckon the weather had a part to play in it,was very harsh.

lorano

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:14 pm

lorano wrote:We'll just back and blanked...we all did.4 of us went up 2 to a boat.The weather conditions were horrible,misty,drizzley rain,really bad chopp on the water.Tried drifter fishing,baits hard on the bottom,suspended baits,lures.We all fished 3 rods each and never had a sniff.
I get very 'frustrated' as my brother pointed out a few times but that's fishing i suppose.

I reckon the weather had a part to play in it,was very harsh.

That is rough going.

Big waters like that (with the potential to offer big rewards) rarely give up their fish easily. Honestly, I'd rather fish a smaller water and catch smaller fish (but more often).

The weather has been odd. I fished today, expecting many many roach, but they'd all gone deep and weren't feeding vigorously (contrary to commonly accepted wisdom for a warm spell).

If the local water I'm trying to get on pans out, I'll let you know. It's not far from either of us.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lorano Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah,we did think if anybody got a run it would potentially be a big un as the water does hold some big fish.The area we fished today is a hot spot so to say we were dissapointed is an understatement😔.I myself would rather fish smaller waters with more yield but around here it's hard to find a water that hasn't been emptied.

Keep me posted Jonathan about your plans.

lorano

Back to top Go down

Post  no pulls Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:17 pm

I went there few years ago now the boats were not too good ,which boat yard you hiring from next time you go ,have let us no what boat was like. Very Happy

no pulls

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm

lorano wrote:Yeah,we did think if anybody got a run it would potentially be a big un as the water does hold some big fish.The area we fished today is a hot spot so to say we were dissapointed is an understatement😔.I myself would rather fish smaller waters with more yield but around here it's hard to find a water that hasn't been emptied.

Keep me posted Jonathan about your plans.
I fished a very large water last year probably had 10 blanks in a row but was rewarded with a 32lb fish . worth all the blanks but its not everyones cup of tea , I used to fish waters where I could get fish all day long , but the same stamp say small jacks up to 12lb , to be honest got a bit fed up at the repeat captures as it got like dail apike at times , these days I seem to sit it out for a biggy , hence I have blanked about 7 times this year...... What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2