Anybody Catching

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 7 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  adie1200 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 am

nopikehere wrote:
adie1200 wrote:There you are Craig Very Happy I've not altered it at all because you can't tell where you are from that pic Thumb up

Belter mate was
not strictly true pal Very Happy

Well maybe if you are lucky enough to be with him when he caught it or know the peg well lol! you might be able to tell where it is then lol! go on then where is it I won't tell Craig you told me lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  nopikehere on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 am

adie1200 wrote:
nopikehere wrote:
adie1200 wrote:There you are Craig Very Happy I've not altered it at all because you can't tell where you are from that pic Thumb up

Belter mate was
not strictly true pal Very Happy

Well maybe if you are lucky enough to be with him when he caught it or know the peg well lol! you might be able to tell where it is then lol!  go on then where is it I won't tell Craig you told me lol! lol! lol!
I wasnt there but do know the peg, i could take you but would have to blinfold you Very Happy loose lips sink ships, it can be a pig or a king

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:26 am

Very Happy Lol I wasn't really after knowing 😆😆 I'm all for keeping quiet about good pike places 😉 nothing worse than turning up at your favourite spots to find it's taken or fill of rubbish from so called pike anglers that search the net for good pike only to leave all their crap on the bank's when they leave 😠😠
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nopikehere on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:05 pm

i know mate just banter

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 pm

J Robinson wrote:So we're in a period of relatively stable, relatively cold weather. In the experience of you lot, how do you think it will fish? I ask as I'm taking three guys out on Wednesday piking and would rather we caught a fair number of fish. With 8 rods in the water, I'd hope that to be the case!

I sometimes a cold snap can be very productive. but not the first few days. when the fish adjust and the prey fish slow down a little it can be a real red letter day. Theres no hard and fast rules mate, well not that I know of anyway. good luck Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 pm

nopikehere wrote:i know mate just banter

I know it is mate 😆😆😆
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Funny you should say that because on that occasion someone did come to fish the peg I was in. ( no one on our forum I might add ) .
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 am

piketastic wrote:Funny you should say that because on that occasion someone did come to fish the peg I was in. ( no one on our forum I might add ) .
think people study and watch this forum ........ beware all your hard work and leg work......Evil or Very Mad could be stolen
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:35 am

the bat wrote:I took a friend with me yesterday,a non piker.after 10 mins he had a run,he struck and his rod bent double,and stayed there,looked like a big fish,then hooks pulled! Gutted for him.no more action all day😐
any good fish coming out of you know where pal Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Yesterday we had four jacks and one 12 lb not a bad day.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Busy day Psion, and any day with a double figure pike is a great day. well done Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:45 pm

some cracking fish coming out well done lads.well my blank streak sort of continued today.i had a very good fish on witch came off half way in bending my new fox trebles which wont be used again.then the live bait rod went off only for it to be a good size perch around 2 pound maybe on live roach.and a smile for piketastic
Anybody Catching - Page 7 20170211
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Odd that the Fox trebles bent out. I've hauled 15lb plus fish out of hideous weedbeds on their size 8s without any bending. Must have been a chunk!

Nice perch that! I had a 1lb 5oz roach today which made my month. Absolutely love big roach and it tied my pb. Also a 6lb 10oz brown trout Cool
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Nice perch Jake   Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy looks like it's had a few battles

Last edited by adie1200 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Nice one Jake lad 👍
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:53 am

Stunning perch and a lb+ roach is a cracking fish too. Ive got 6 days fishing all next week so I hope to get a few fish myself Very Happy Very Happy The weather forecast is very poor so I am expecting it to be hard, hard fishing.You never know though. Wish me luck bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  nopikehere on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:26 am

lowdouble wrote:Stunning perch  and a lb+ roach is a cracking fish too.   Ive got 6 days fishing all next week so I hope to get a few fish myself Very Happy Very Happy    The weather forecast is very poor so I am expecting it to be hard, hard fishing.You never know though.  Wish me luck bounce bounce bounce

Just the 6 days fishing, where has the comitment gone jocolor good luck hope you get on them again. surely must be a 30 there. if effort = reward your due one

nopikehere

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Few low 20,s been out but gone slow stubbo.got two mates who fish it regularly

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:31 pm

piketastic wrote:Funny you should say that because on that occasion someone did come to fish the peg I was in. ( no one on our forum I might add ) .
i know where it was mate ;-)
don't think the bat does tho Evil or Very Mad
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:33 pm

silkmen wrote:some cracking fish coming out well done lads.well my blank streak sort of continued today.i had a very good fish on witch came off half way in bending my new fox trebles which wont be used again.then the live bait rod went off only for it to be a good size perch around 2 pound maybe on live roach.and a smile for piketastic
Anybody Catching - Page 7 20170211
i will give you some hooks next time out Jake lad,,, can't have the blinkin monsters escaping mate Evil or Very Mad
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Took three friends out today and we had five fish between us. In order of capture - 11lb 7oz, 3lb, 4lb 15oz, 5lb 8oz and 12lb 15oz. Not too bad at all. The bigger ones fell to static float fished roach 20ft out over a drop off at about 13ft. The jacks came from a small pond to the side of main loch where there shouldn't really be any pike and fell to wobbled roach.

Lovely weather today - 5c, minimal breeze, not sunny but not grey either. A pleasure to be out.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

No fish there rozzo😊

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 am

Well done J, great result.

Its 6 days guiding so I hope to be putting the guys on fish really. but if theres a double run its mine lol lol lol. They are lads from Doncaster too so i hope theres some good fish caught and I can post on here Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well done J,  great result.

Its 6 days guiding so I hope to be putting the guys on fish really.  but if theres a double run its mine lol lol lol.    They are lads from Doncaster too so i hope theres some good fish caught and I can post on here Very Happy

Many thanks. The perfect weather and the banter made the slow fishing worth it. Planning to do a handful of days up on the Highland loch through spring and summer, but not by myself anymore. As I imagine you find it, there is something quite satisfying about helping other folk to catch good fish. It took a few hours for the grin to fade on Ross's face after he caught his first pike. He worked quite hard for it too, wobbling a roach around the margins of the pond and casting right handed, despite being a leftie.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:24 am

It is a great feeling for sure. I take some of the local youngsters out too (with their parents lol) and help them to see how to handle fish correctly too. But beware, I have guided 30s and that feeling of achievement and warm inner glow soon fades when the green eyed monster in you realsises it could have been yours bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid Never take a novice to a water where they can beet your PB LMAO!!!!!! Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next