Anybody Catching

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  J Robinson on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:53 am

silkmen wrote:
i used to do alot of fly fishing when i was a teen won a few comps aswell.i won a match with 1 fish once 18lb rainbow.and craig yes there looking in much better condition now they restocked it with 500 kilo of roach earlier in the year must be something to do with that pal

Nothing is going to make a predator happier than 500kg of roach! One of the brownies last week spat two roach out as I unhooked it.

18lb is a mighty fish indeed. I know 8lb 4oz is nothing monstrous, but in relation to the tackle it certainly was. A size 24 hook is really intended for fish no larger than a pound, and 20 minutes is a long time with half a dozen people watching you to see whether you land it!

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Stunning looking double Silkmen WOW Shocked And a great trout too. some real pretty fish coming out lately.
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:57 pm

out again this afternoon for a few hrs had 2 runs and a fish slightly bigger than yesturday again caught on the new potion

silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm

silkmen wrote:out again this afternoon for a few hrs had 2 runs and a fish slightly bigger than yesturday again caught on the new potion

awesome pal il be trying that potion soon
Pikeypete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Pikeypete wrote:
silkmen wrote:out again this afternoon for a few hrs had 2 runs and a fish slightly bigger than yesturday again caught on the new potion

awesome pal il be trying that potion soon
ive seen that u orderd some mate it defo works
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 pm

That fish certainly likes it Silkmen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy its the same fish Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:11 am

lowdouble wrote:That fish certainly likes it Silkmen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy    its the same fish Wink
it could be mate there is 2 in there that look very simalar 1 is very slightly bigger than the other.i think i caught this fish about 4 or 5 years ago at about 15lb ill try dig the pic out and compare it was no wear near 15 yest tho
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:13 am

J Robinson wrote:
silkmen wrote:
i used to do alot of fly fishing when i was a teen won a few comps aswell.i won a match with 1 fish once 18lb rainbow.and craig yes there looking in much better condition now they restocked it with 500 kilo of roach earlier in the year must be something to do with that pal

Nothing is going to make a predator happier than 500kg of roach! One of the brownies last week spat two roach out as I unhooked it.

18lb is a mighty fish indeed. I know 8lb 4oz is nothing monstrous, but in relation to the tackle it certainly was. A size 24 hook is really intended for fish no larger than a pound, and 20 minutes is a long time with half a dozen people watching you to see whether you land it!
i bet that was brilliant sport jrobinson.
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:03 pm

silkmen wrote:
J Robinson wrote:
silkmen wrote:

i bet that was brilliant sport  jrobinson.

Any fish that gets the legs shaking is well worth catching! Might set up was obviously much too light, but some of the guys that fish there land fish of that size in under a minute, which is a shame and doubly so when it's whacked on the head.

Had a massively productive day at work today so considering going tomorrow again. Have just bought membership to a very lovely coarse water (mostly carp) earlier in the week but it's too cold to go for carp I feel. I'd also considered getting the boat out for pike but it's too windy.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:56 am

I look on enviously at people catching on here as I have been laid up with man flu for the last two weeks. Hope
to be back on the back next week.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Well the path to me fly fishing for pike is shortening! I had a pottering day at work which I largely failed to do - ended up at the trout fishery and helped an enthusiastic chap catch a nice 3-4lb brownie on twitched roach (plus he missed another 4 takes!). His dad wasn't catching much either so I directed him towards the roach, which he greatly enjoyed. Then, once they'd left, I asked a friend to show me the ropes on fly fishing (I've attempted to cast a fly in the past, but less than 10 casts) and somehow managed to hook a stockie on my third (and awful) cast. Good scrap too. Spent about another 30 minutes casting and retrieving with varying success (from awful to just about passable). Not in a mad hurry to get a fly rod, but it was satisfying when it went correctly.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:34 pm

J Robinson wrote:Well the path to me fly fishing for pike is shortening! I had a pottering day at work which I largely failed to do - ended up at the trout fishery and helped an enthusiastic chap catch a nice 3-4lb brownie on twitched roach (plus he missed another 4 takes!). His dad wasn't catching much either so I directed him towards the roach, which he greatly enjoyed. Then, once they'd left, I asked a friend to show me the ropes on fly fishing (I've attempted to cast a fly in the past, but less than 10 casts) and somehow managed to hook a stockie on my third (and awful) cast. Good scrap too. Spent about another 30 minutes casting and retrieving with varying success (from awful to just about passable). Not in a mad hurry to get a fly rod, but it was satisfying when it went correctly.
quite interesting but this is a pike forum,,,,, was waiting for the bit where a trout was hooked the snaffled by a real fish Evil or Very Mad
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:59 am

rozzo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:Well the path to me fly fishing for pike is shortening! I had a pottering day at work which I largely failed to do - ended up at the trout fishery and helped an enthusiastic chap catch a nice 3-4lb brownie on twitched roach (plus he missed another 4 takes!). His dad wasn't catching much either so I directed him towards the roach, which he greatly enjoyed. Then, once they'd left, I asked a friend to show me the ropes on fly fishing (I've attempted to cast a fly in the past, but less than 10 casts) and somehow managed to hook a stockie on my third (and awful) cast. Good scrap too. Spent about another 30 minutes casting and retrieving with varying success (from awful to just about passable). Not in a mad hurry to get a fly rod, but it was satisfying when it went correctly.
quite interesting but this is a pike forum,,,,, was waiting for the bit where a trout was hooked the snaffled by a real fish Evil or Very Mad

I understand, and pike fishing makes up a significant part of my angling. As I seem to be on the way to fly fishing for pike, it seemed only appropriate to mention how it started. I love catching all fish, from tiny roach to river chub, to small carp, larger trout and pike as well. I don't regard any fish as being any less real than any other. In elevating one species over all others you can miss out on an awful lot of fun. I have this conversation with some of the trout anglers who are only keen on rainbows.

Anyway, point noted. It is a pike forum, yes, and I shall largely limit my non-pike catch reports to my blog.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:41 pm

only joshing mate but i really was waiting for the part where the fish got snaffled Twisted Evil
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:55 pm

rozzo wrote:only joshing mate but i really was waiting for the part where the fish got snaffled Twisted Evil

No worries Rozzo - hard to detect such subtlety on a forum!

I've yet to have any of the pike take the roach off the pole, but they have brutalised my keep net on numerous occasions. I've gone through 2 keep nets in 5 months! I did have one brownie at an ounce under 5lb that took a small roach mid retrieve and hooked itself.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Day one of the 6 day fishathon lol. My Guest had an 18lb 8oz within the first 5 minutes Very Happy on a drifter fished rainbow trout. Followed over the next 4 hours (half day today) a 16lb 9oz, 15lb 9oz, 13lb, 12lb, 7lb, 7lb, 4lb and a baby 1lb, He missed 4 more too. tomorrow the weather is wetter and changeable winds so will be far harder to present the baits properly. All the doubles had spawned so maybe they are on the feed properly. It could be a hectic week bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:56 pm

lowdouble wrote:Day one of the  6 day fishathon lol. My Guest had an 18lb 8oz within the first 5 minutes Very Happy  on a drifter fished rainbow trout.    Followed over the next 4 hours (half day today)  a 16lb 9oz,  15lb 9oz,  13lb,  12lb,  7lb,  7lb,  4lb and a baby 1lb,  He missed 4 more too.  tomorrow the weather is wetter and changeable winds so will be far harder to present the baits properly.   All the doubles had spawned so maybe they are on the feed properly.  It could be a hectic week bounce bounce bounce
have you noticed they are spawned out now mate or have you seen them at it..some results they are.i think ill give it 1 more shot then put pike rods away for a month or 2.
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 pm

The three biggest fish certainly had spawned, rough looking and lots of split fins from all the excitement lol. time to leave them at it when this Man goes home Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:38 pm

Day 2 was a bit slower but still a good average size.  19lb 7oz,  18lb 10oz,  16lb 4oz,  15lb 4oz,  4lb,  1lb.  missed 2.   I love checking Pike markings for repeats ect.  But this one made me smile bounce bounce bounce    Forever to be known as the GAY Pike,  Can you see it lol,

Last edited by lowdouble on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Even a smiley face disguised in the " Y " !
Another good day Andy, a few more days yet mate, good luck.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  admandino on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Went out on Saturday, broke my PB (15LB) TWICE!! First fish went 20lb, second 14lb and third 22lb, am still smiling! great day.

Any help adding pics, I really wanna share them!!!
admandino

View user profile http://fishinimpossible.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:48 pm

admandino wrote:Went out on Saturday, broke my PB (15LB) TWICE!! First fish went 20lb, second 14lb and third 22lb, am still smiling! great day.

Great fishing! I've yet to get a 20lber, but I've had more than 10 over 15lbs, so you've done bloody well. Cool

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 pm

That's a fabulous session admandino , there is a section somewhere on the forum that shows you how to post. I'm sure Adie will point it out to you if you can't find it. Well done once again.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:54 pm

admandino wrote:Went out on Saturday, broke my PB (15LB) TWICE!! First fish went 20lb, second 14lb and third 22lb, am still smiling! great day.

Good fishing mate and well done on your PB x2 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Have a read on this link it might help you posting your pics Wink >> Uploading link
Hope this helps bud Very Happy if you have any problems you could email them to me and I'll add them for you this once lol!
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Altered links to make photos the right size :-)

Post  admandino on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Pics" />

" />

" />
admandino

View user profile http://fishinimpossible.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next