Anybody Catching

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Well I am 12 days without wetting a line affraid Starting to go mad too. Might hit the trout Friday and if a few nice Pike hit the trolled lures all the better Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Can't fault you Andy Thumb up
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:55 pm

I was just saying on a previous post, it's good to end the season on a high. I had this 23lb fish plus six other doubles
and four jacks on my last trip to Scotland this week. I am going to end my season on the 31st March. My mate and I start and fish on the same water each season.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:09 pm

I have just paid my membership for another year but to fish here you need to love MUD getting stuck in mud
getting covered in mud and then cleaning off mud.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 pm

I love looking at that swim psion, well done again mate.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  admandino on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Looks good. Don't have any waters I really call "mine" yet. As I progress my piking, I am assuming this will come. Living in Hexham is not ideal, but will join a PAC and enjoy the benefits of fishing together!
I do love going up to Scotland too!!!
admandino

View user profile http://fishinimpossible.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigi113 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 am

psion wrote:

I have just paid my membership for another year but to fish here you need to love MUD getting stuck in mud
getting covered in mud and then cleaning off mud.

Much better then woodchip pegs and manicured banks init...
Tigi113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:08 pm

We are heading off to sw Scotland late April for a long weekend,hoe the pike have spawned and the weathers ok😐

the bat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:15 pm

I know what you mean about manicured banks but the mud can be very bad at times.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 am

Not pike, but had a whale of a time margin fishing for small carp yesterday. 7.5 hours fishing, starting from noon fishing a top two kit in the margin I caught 153 carp averaging just over half a pound (up to 1lb) and a couple of rudd. 80lb bag weight and constant action. You get a great scrap off fish that size if you match your elastic/hook size to the fish. One of the best days fishing I've ever had.

I have had 17 pike in the past month, but nothing larger than 10lb.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am

I had my last trip yesterday - finished with two jacks. I have had a very good season and sorry it's over. I have a trip booked to Loch Awe at the of the month - will post how I get on.

I hope to see you all back in September. Enjoy your fishing for the rest of the year.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Went for trout and caught 7 Pike and a perch lol.  I did manage one stunner and a Venue PB for me at 7lb 12.  fought like hell too on light tackle☺
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Nice fish

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:09 pm

lowdouble wrote:Went for trout and caught 7 Pike and a perch lol.  I did manage one stunner and a Venue PB for me at 7lb 12.  fought like hell too on light tackle☺

That's just stunning. Much nicer than the stocked brownies I'm used to. What was it caught on?

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:40 am

Lovely fish Andy.
We had 4 small pike, up to a scraper double, on a little session last week with Rozzo, they all came to a rubber trout lure.
That January/February pike spree of yours was fantastic Andy what was your finally tally for the season mate?
Got my new license and now I think I'm going to do a bit with the lure and try and target a double figure Zander.
Have a good summer all.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:07 am

"J" she fell for a rapala deep husky jerk in Parrot colour, fished 20ft down over 50ft, trolled at 3mph, they love them☺

They really are stunning fish and because i had her on the right tackle the fight was immense, great to see her swim off healthy too Wink

Craig I am not positive but its about lol. 12 twentys (4 over 25) 8 X 19s, 7 X 18s, 55 other doubles and 70 jacks. Not too bad. Plus i gave 5 other people 8 twentys lol. good boys share bounce bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 pm

lowdouble wrote:"J"  she fell for a rapala deep husky jerk in Parrot colour,  fished 20ft down over 50ft,  trolled at 3mph,  they love them☺

They really are stunning fish and because i had her on the right tackle the fight was immense,  great to see her swim off healthy too Wink

Craig I am not positive but its about lol.   12  twentys (4 over 25)    8  X  19s,    7 X 18s,   55 other doubles and  70 jacks.   Not too bad.  Plus i gave 5 other people 8 twentys lol.  good boys share bounce bounce bounce bounce

I'm not a fan of trout on the pike gear at all. They just wrap themselves up in the trace and give up. On the pole they are great fun though, and very strong. Surely you must end up with a lot of pike on that rig?

That's an epic season haul. More doubles than I've ever had (I think I'm on about 42, or thereabouts). Incredible that more than 50% of your fish were over 10lb. Well done!

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Well here's to you mr Robinson, let's try and have a season like Andys next year 👍. I'm going to have a good crack at it , that's for sure 😉
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm

piketastic wrote:Well here's to you mr Robinson, let's try and have a season like Andys next year 👍.  I'm going to have a good crack at it , that's for sure 😉

Indeed! I'm just staggered with the average weight. Big waters produce big fish I suppose.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:42 am

I never fish the margins of loughs which are jack haunts. Deep water shelves and sanctuary for big resting Girls. you often blank but i only had 5 blanks this season. find where they live and they are easy to catch, well thats the theory anyway lol
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 pm

lowdouble wrote:I never fish the margins of loughs which are jack haunts.   Deep water shelves and sanctuary for big resting Girls.  you often blank but i only had 5 blanks this season.    find where they live and they are easy to catch,  well thats the theory anyway lol

Indeed. Finding big pike is tough. Catching them is easy, or so they say!

The water I fish is small (10 acres) and as such I've found no difference in size of pike according to depth. The largest two have been from quite shallow water (6ft).

Different on larger waters though, as you say.

I will have ask you very nicely to let me book your guiding services at some point so as to give me a decent chance of a twenty Cool

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 am

Had my third day after trout and caught another one Very Happy Only 1lb this time but thats 3 from 3 so i am happy enough in what i am doing. Not great but not blanks either. 8 small pike to 5lb too kept me busy Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 pm

April is here, and its Pike trolling lures month Very Happy 15 takes today, 11 landed including 4 doubles to 18lb 8oz, God they are a different creature to the winter fish we target. They fight like hell Shocked Shocked Shocked The water is still only 11 degrees so no harm to the fish, but the few degrees is like rocket fuel in their muscels bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am

lowdouble wrote:April is here,  and its Pike trolling lures month Very Happy    15 takes today,  11 landed including 4 doubles to 18lb 8oz,  God they are a different creature to the winter fish we target.  They fight like hell Shocked Shocked Shocked    The water is still only 11 degrees so no harm to the fish,  but the few degrees is like rocket fuel in their muscels bounce bounce bounce

That's why I love piking later in the year! The Highland lochs rarely exceed 15c.

Great result again. You're doing quite poor impression of a trout angler!

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Its the same over here J, some of my loughs exceed 100ft deep and the deeps never get above 4C,
I like to fish for trout when the pike are spawning, when the Pike are hungry its lure time lol. Out 2 days this weekend and one water is 29,000 acres so lots of miles to be covered.
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top