Anybody Catching

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  Pikeypete on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Was a good laugh, been craving spag bol in a morning for some reason since I got back Very Happy
Pikeypete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Well i was at Dumfries & Galloway yesterday at a very good loch,this is about my 6 or 7 time out still trying to get my first pike but not a thing. Sad
I am really considering giving it all up or go & try a different type of fishing as i am just feeding the pike with deadbait at the moment. Rolling Eyes Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm

jockwav wrote:Well i was at Dumfries & Galloway yesterday at a very good loch,this is about my 6 or 7 time out still trying to get my first pike but not a thing. Sad
I am really considering giving it all up or go & try a different type of fishing as i am just feeding the pike with deadbait at the moment. Rolling Eyes Mad
how are you presenting your baits mate?
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 pm

On a platter it would seem Very Happy
Well i am using 2 treble semi barbs & the front end facing the pike,a flag on each hook,sliding weight.
Using deadbaits,joeys mackeral trout. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:56 pm

It will be a sweet victory when one graces your unhooking matt jock, stick at it Very Happy
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Well tomorrow i am going to my local loch to use up my deadbaits & then will have a go at carp i think. Very Happy Razz
I really need someone to go piking with to see where i am going wrong. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:23 pm

jockwav wrote:Well tomorrow i am going to my local loch to use up my deadbaits & then will have a go at carp i think. Very Happy Razz
I really need someone to go piking with to see where i am going wrong. Very Happy

I'm happy to do a day with you at the local commercial in November if you'd like a bit of help. Pike to 24lb to target, though it's not an easy water.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Where is that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

jockwav wrote:On a platter it would seem Very Happy
Well i am using 2 treble semi barbs & the front end facing the pike,a flag on each hook,sliding weight.
Using deadbaits,joeys mackeral trout. Very Happy
have you tried , lure /spinning around the area where you are dead baiting it can and does produce the odd bonus fish while your waiting for that first run , try recasting your bait every half an hour to a different spot location is sometimes the key, look for fry scattering birds feeding all the usual signs to indicate where the bait fish are . twitching the bait back very slowly, suspend your bait under your float say afoot off the bottom so it drifts about a bit.....this could make that difference just stick with it pal
we have all been there pal ......

regards
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 am

I only have the one rod,but i can,t spin anyway as i tried that on my first outing but i get a bit of pain in my elbow joint when doing that. Crying or Very sad
I am going out today for a few hours to my local loch to try again,if i don,t get anything i might just use up my deadbait there. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Well went to my local loch to feed the pike on deabaits as usual,not a thing,argh. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm

I've had my first outing today with Kell he got there before me and just as I got there he landed a nice 18lber and then before I had even got my gear out of the car his other float dipped then shot off and another one hit the net just a jack this time ☺☺ but I was thinking we could be in for a good day ☺☺ well about 4 hours or so later lol I had a run resulting in my first pike of the season at 8lb I have a photo but it show to much background and only being a small one won't bother putting it on 😀 that was it for us today but it's a start of things to come ☺☺☺
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 pm

The only thing I can suggest Jockwav is you could come down to Cumbria and we could fish a local tarn.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Well Adie one fish is better then a blank. Very Happy

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 pm

Certainly is Psion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  I'm sure more will follow before too long :-)

jockwav  stick with it mate they will come Wink  its still early in the season yet and most of the fish are still spread out I'm sure if you keep trying in the same places they will come Very Happy  Try chucking a few dead's in the swim you are fishing in as you leave to bait up for the next time Wink
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

Well done Adie and Kell. a great start Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

psion wrote:The only thing I can suggest Jockwav is you could come down to Cumbria and we could fish a local tarn.
Only if you pick me up bounce Razz Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 am

adie1200 wrote:I've had my first outing today with Kell he got there before me and just as I got there he landed a nice 18lber and then before I had even got my gear out of the car his other float dipped then shot off and another one hit the net just a jack this time ☺☺ but I was thinking we could be in for a good day ☺☺ well about 4 hours or so later lol I had a run resulting in my first pike of the season at 8lb I have a photo but it show to much background and only being a small one won't bother putting it on 😀 that was it for us today but it's a start of things to come ☺☺☺
well in adie....... your off on a flyer pal.... its always good to start off the season with a fish..... lets hope I do this weekend 1st session for me too. What a Face
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 pm

That,s a nice looking fish,well done. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Not too sure where to start Shocked    Well lets say i start with 26 fish landed on trolled lures,   15 of them were over 10lb upto 16lb,  and a NEW PB for lure and Pb anything 29lb 1oz stunner.  i am buzzing like theres no tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Wow what a cracking result,well done Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I have been at this for 20 years Jock, and guided professionally for most of them. Blank after blank came before I found the venues and methods that worked. you will get there if you stick at it mate, time equals reward Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Cheers for that,i will keep going for a while i think. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  lorano on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm

You are the king!!!🙌

lorano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Superb! With a start like that to the season, it's all downhill from now on! Laughing

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top