Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Fantastic fish lorano, well done that man☺
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Some nice fish coming out. Unfortunately we blanked on our PAC day which was very disappointing. There was a 31lb 12oz fish caught and one or two 20s

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 am

Well done on some nice fish lads . They are very well earned with the looks of things.
Apparently one or wo of the lads have said that I have my mojo back 😉
Went out with Rozzo Friday , with a share of 4 doubles with Julian having a 16.10 fish , beauty.
Then on Saturday I had a trip out with Shaun ( nopikehere ) and we had a couple to 17.1 .
All smashing fish and as usual, brilliant company.
Thanks lads.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm

piketastic wrote:Well done on some nice fish lads .  They are very well earned with the looks of things.
Apparently one or wo of the lads have said that I have my mojo back 😉
Went out with Rozzo Friday , with a share of 4 doubles with Julian having a 16.10 fish , beauty.
Then on Saturday I had a trip out with Shaun ( nopikehere ) and we had a couple to 17.1 .
All smashing fish and as usual, brilliant company.
Thanks lads.
really enjoyed friday Craig, was great to catch up and even better to catch Very Happy
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I've got a full three days out on the new boat at the weekend up in the Highlands. The weather forecasts don't seem to agree at all apart from that it's going to be very cold.

Bait is a mixed bag as the supermarkets seem to be out of the usual fish species. So mackerel, sprat, rainbow trout, kippers and gurnard. Some will be used as ground bait, others on the hook. Has anyone any experience with gurnard? It was very cheap.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:36 pm

J Robinson wrote:I've got a full three days out on the new boat at the weekend up in the Highlands. The weather forecasts don't seem to agree at all apart from that it's going to be very cold.

Bait is a mixed bag as the supermarkets seem to be out of the usual fish species. So mackerel, sprat, rainbow trout, kippers and gurnard. Some will be used as ground bait, others on the hook. Has anyone any experience with gurnard? It was very cheap.
yes its very tasty Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Stubbo😉 , Had a few on gurnard over the years mate, something a little different , sometimes just does the trick.
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Hehe! I'm sure it is tasty, but after I'd cleared them out of their measly quantities of sprat, it was the least expensive fish there (just under £4 a kilo). I'm going to pop into the fish mongers at the super market again tomorrow and see if they'll give me the guts from the fish they fillet. As I'm fishing over the same spots for 3 days, groundbaiting is no bad plan, and has worked before.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

piketastic wrote:Stubbo😉 ,    Had a few on gurnard over the years mate, something a little different , sometimes just does the trick.
to be honest , pike would have ago at any fish presented correctly and at any given feeding time , but not fish fingers or a fish cake , before anyone gets that in Laughing
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Kippers smoked work too, honestly Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm

lowdouble wrote:Kippers smoked work too,  honestly Wink
read somewhere a bloke caught a pike on a sausage mounted on a trace I kid you not , he did it for a laugh and caught a fish... another one I heard I guy caught one on a pheasant portion on an estate lake where they shoot pheasant over the lake , and the odd pheasant ended up in the water,,, and the pike has took advantage of this event eating the carcass....heard all sorts over the years . my mate has caught on squid in the past and a big frog....... Very Happy affraid
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Had a day out on a club Mere today. I'd walked it a couple of times previously with a lure a lure rod and picked up a couple of Jacks but I'd never got round to having a go with dead baits until today.

It turned out to be a good day with 10 fish from a total of 13 runs to either Blueys, Herring or Mackeral. The stamp of fish wasn't great though, most were like peas in a pod around the 5Lbs mark. The best 2 fish weighed 9Lbs 4oz and 8Lbs 6oz and were caught within minutes of each other, which allowed me to get a quick photo on the mat. Not the biggest Pike I've caught but very enjoyable sport none the less.

A quick double up photo

The rest were all like peas in a pod
David Wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Very good David. Nothing wrong with a busy day on the jacks, I'd say!

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 pm

That's good fishing David, well done mate!
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

I think I am going to wet a line Friday and I blanked at the weekend a few jacks would be nice.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am

great sport David, well done. there could be a big jack muncher in their too Shocked
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 am

David Wynne wrote:Had a day out on a club Mere today. I'd walked it a couple of times previously with a lure a lure rod and picked up a couple of Jacks but I'd never got round to having a go with dead baits until today.

It turned out to be a good day with 10 fish from a total of 13 runs to either Blueys, Herring or Mackeral. The stamp of fish wasn't great though, most were like peas in a pod around the 5Lbs mark. The best 2 fish weighed 9Lbs 4oz and 8Lbs 6oz and were caught within minutes of each other, which allowed me to get a quick photo on the mat. Not the biggest Pike I've caught but very enjoyable sport none the less.

A quick double up photo

well in dave......
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Light winds forecast for tomorrow, so heading to a truly WILD water, 29,000 acres, yes thousand!!!!!! its a shit or bust type of venue, very hard to locate the pike, but a great average size, here 30 30 Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  -CrAiG- on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Had 7 fish out the other day these where the 2 biggest all on live perch.. biggest was 9lbs 8oz. Laughing
-CrAiG-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Well done everyone  Very Happy some lovely like there lads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Andy good luck with the 30s mate 👍👍 Wink Very Happy Very Happy smile

Last edited by adie1200 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

My son had a 28-02 on Tuesday and my mate had a 30-08 yesterday,both from different venues.my turn next😐

the bat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm

huge fish Shocked well done to them both. I managed a solitary 5lb jack yesterday, today 3lb 6lb 12lb and 16lb 8oz. Not great but enjoyable all the same☺
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Icy day on the loch today with a 5 m/s westerly veering into a northwesterly. Barely above freezing at any point but had three at 4.5lb, 5lb and 6lb and lost three. Off the mark at least. I've baited the spot for tomorrow so hopefully some better fish might show.

J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm

David Wynne wrote:Had a day out on a club Mere today. I'd walked it a couple of times previously with a lure a lure rod and picked up a couple of Jacks but I'd never got round to having a go with dead baits until today.

A quick double up photo

great angling mate well done Twisted Evil
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Well in to all catching.was out with rozzo and scouse craig today secret location. Craig had 2 and he deserved it as well I went dizzy watching him today he nevery sathe still thinking of avoiding a blank.just before dark I whacked a drifter float on and had one instantly but I thought it was weed until it kicked ando then came of felt quite weighty to.deformation returned to this place that's a cirt
silkmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top