Anybody Catching

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:23 am

Fantastic fish silkmen, i bet your buzzing Wink
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 794
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  silkmen on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 am

lowdouble wrote:Fantastic fish silkmen,   i bet your buzzing Wink
yes still buzzing mate I thought she was a new pb right up until she was weighed. with 20 plus fish not coming along to often it's easy to get carried away before the weigh Very Happy
avatar
silkmen

Posts : 364
Join date : 2013-11-06
Age : 38
Location : macclesfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  J Robinson on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:41 am

Very nice - the length on that fish! Had it the gut of the previously posted 32lber, I'm pretty sure it would be well over 30lb.

I'm passing my loch tomorrow so I'll check out the ice and flood situation. Need to get a few days in before I go mad from the lack of fishing.
avatar
J Robinson

Posts : 410
Join date : 2016-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 am

I like that feeling of the unknown silkmen, i can guess avarage fish under 15lb to within ounces, throw me a big fish and the mind goes to pieces lol. 20, 25, 30+ dont you just love guessing too lol
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 794
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  the bat on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am

We'll done Jake,top bombing😉

the bat

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  David Wynne on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Great looking Pike being caught, well done both.
avatar
David Wynne

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-10-10
Location : Connahs Quay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  adie1200 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Well done Jake lovely pike mate Very Happy And well done on winning the match Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 61
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  David Wynne on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Back down to the Welsh lake yesterday for my 1st session on there since early November. The winter storms and seemingly incessant high winds coupled with my shift pattern had put paid to any plans up to yesterday. The forecast was for light north easterly winds and bright sunshine, so I knew it'd be a hard day before setting off.

It was a good job I arrived early as at one point there was about 12 anglers including myself on the lake, most were spinning (fortunately non were EE anglers) but 4 were on deadbaits. The fishing itself was indeed hard and I had to wait until 15:15 before the indicator rose slowly on my backbiter and I helped it out of the clip and a short jerky type run produced a Jack of about 6Lbs. The run coincided with the sun going behind a cloud for about 15 minutes after shining bright all day. I then had another similar run about 45 minutes later and this time I weighed it as it had a thick back but was a bit skinny, 8Lbs 5oz being the weight and on a good day, possibly a scraper double.

That was the sum total for the day and other than 2 very small jacks to a lure angler and a lad having a 6Lbs fish on the bungalow bank, that was all that was caught on the day.



avatar
David Wynne

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-10-10
Location : Connahs Quay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 pm

David Wynne wrote:Back down to the Welsh lake yesterday for my 1st session on there since early November. The winter storms and seemingly incessant high winds coupled with my shift pattern had put paid to any plans up to yesterday. The forecast was for light north easterly winds and bright sunshine, so I knew it'd be a hard day before setting off.

It was a good job I arrived early as at one point there was about 12 anglers including myself on the lake, most were spinning (fortunately non were EE anglers) but 4 were on deadbaits. The fishing itself was indeed hard and I had to wait until 15:15 before the indicator rose slowly on my backbiter and I helped it out of the clip and a short jerky type run produced a Jack of about 6Lbs. The run coincided with the sun going behind a cloud for about 15 minutes after shining bright all day. I then had another similar run about 45 minutes later and this time I weighed it as it had a thick back but was a bit skinny, 8Lbs 5oz being the weight and on a good day, possibly a scraper double.

That was the sum total for the day and other than 2 very small jacks to a lure angler and a lad having a 6Lbs fish on the bungalow bank, that was all that was caught on the day.



at least your caught fish pal not a wasted journey , normally nobody on the banks maybe there has been a few biggys coming out lately did you have a chinwag with the other anglers.....well done at catching..... ive had some blankers on there pal over the years
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3354
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 55
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:new pb and first 30,, 32lb 8oz
cant stop looking at this fish , how thick it is some girth to it ...awesome.....
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3354
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 55
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  piketastic on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Well done to you all lads ........ I know how much they mean to you . So well deserved !
avatar
piketastic

Posts : 671
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 52
Location : sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  the bat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 am

Hell of a fish from chew,well done.welsh lake,had some blank days myself on there yrs ago but some memorable days too😉

the bat

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:08 pm

the bat wrote:Hell of a fish from chew,well done.welsh lake,had some blank days myself on there yrs ago but some memorable days too😉
gone are the glory days on the welsh lake , but did have my first thirty out of there some 15 years back now.....used to be a dead cert , but you had to put the hours in and leg work...... Very Happy
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3354
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 55
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  David Wynne on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm

It would be nice to see the return of the glory days but there is many obstacles for the Lake to overcome nowadays. It was brought home to me on this trip just how rich a natural lake this water is, I have a habit of dropping my used deadbaits in the margins until I pack up, then I chop them and use them as pre-bait. If you put a deadbait in the margins on here it attracts alsorts of bugs, shrimps and general fish food. Apparently many years ago it was a top Roach water that produced loads of big hauls and big Roach. A famous southern angler called Dave Coster did an article for Anglers Mail on the Roach fishing and had 50Lbs+ in a few hours. That was the reason the Pike grew so big, it wouldn't take much to get it back to where it was, if it wasn't for the red tape that surrounds SSI sites and the "no stocking" stance they have.



Deadbaits covered in natural fish food
avatar
David Wynne

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-10-10
Location : Connahs Quay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  psion on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 am

Some nice fish being caught - congratulations to all. My trip to Scotland turned out to be sorely lacking in fish!! I had a 13.8, a 10 and 5 jacks over 3 days.
Still waiting to catch something over 20lb for this season but not looking good.

psion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2011-11-25
Age : 68
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 am

David Wynne wrote:It would be nice to see the return of the glory days but there is many obstacles for the Lake to overcome nowadays. It was brought home to me on this trip just how rich a natural lake this water is, I have a habit of dropping my used deadbaits in the margins until I pack up, then I chop them and use them as pre-bait. If you put a deadbait in the margins on here it attracts alsorts of bugs, shrimps and general fish food. Apparently many years ago it was a top Roach water that produced loads of big hauls and big Roach. A famous southern angler called Dave Coster did an article for Anglers Mail on the Roach fishing and had 50Lbs+ in a few hours. That was the reason the Pike grew so big, it wouldn't take much to get it back to where it was, if it wasn't for the red tape that surrounds SSI sites and the "no stocking" stance they have.



Deadbaits covered in natural fish food
it also had some very big bream in there too 15lb plus and the water is full of eels which I think to pike thrive on.. there are still some good roach and tench in there and the odd brown trout , over the years more and more people have found this lake and now sadly its not so secret , as you know it was called the secret lake years ago , you could drive passed it and not know it was there, then it also got poached by foreigners at one stage
also I typed in the lakes name in google search like you do .....and came across some pictures of a polish guy fishing for pike with 2 beachcasters on a tripod I kid you not .... with a fire roaring away in the picture at night... guess where right on the tree peg on the lake ... god knows what happened to any fish he caught....no night fishing is allowed on the lake by all accounts
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3354
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 55
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  David Wynne on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:28 pm

The big Bream of previous years was one of the reasons I joined the club. As it turns out non have been reported caught since around 2000, so my plans to target them went out the window. One of the stories about how the Pike got in there is they were part of the original Bream stocking that came from Llangorse lake. If I didn't have so much fishing to choose from during the summer months I'd give the Lake a 48hr session as members of the club can night fish, just to see what still is actually in there.
avatar
David Wynne

Posts : 37
Join date : 2017-10-10
Location : Connahs Quay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  the bat on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Best days fishing I ever had was on the welsh lake,no 20,s but me and my mate had 18 fish to 19lb.going Scotland in a few weeks for a long weekend then going to loch Lomond for a week mid april😉

the bat

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  adie1200 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Well had a day out with Kell today at a place that has some nice pike in it only for it to be spoilt by them working on the bank of the lake about 20ft behind us with a digger clearing all vegetation which I believe put the pike off the feed affraid I managed one jack about 5lb to save the day crap to say Kell has been baiting up for 2 weeks pale
last Sunday one of our mates had ten pike out of the same spot starting from 12pm and could have had more if he didn't have to leave !
Just my luck this season lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 61
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 am

a fish is a fish mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy well done, you won your section anyway Wink
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 794
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:28 pm

David Wynne wrote:The big Bream of previous years was one of the reasons I joined the club. As it turns out non have been reported caught since around 2000, so my plans to target them went out the window. One of the stories about how the Pike got in there is they were part of the original Bream stocking that came from Llangorse lake. If I didn't have so much fishing to choose from during the summer months I'd give the Lake a 48hr session as members of the club can night fish, just to see what still is actually in there.
..... years ago I was talking to a shop owner near the welsh lake near the garage .... and he told me they caught a guy with nets on the lake pre 2000  he said he was after eels,  but when the authorities searched his house in the village  they found some huge bream in his freezer up to 15lbs  heard there is the odd carp in there but never seen any or any bream , most people just target the pike , as for summer fishing its unfishable due to the algae blooms and the water temps , the council put up signs do not enter the water, etc. dogs /anglers. the water seems to fish best when its very cold and clear water after a few frosts....read something in an old angling book about the lake ...think back in the fifties it used to be stocked with trout...... and my mate used to fish it for its big perch back in the 70s and 80s......so could have a few surprises in there.
avatar
stubbo

Posts : 3354
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 55
Location : Warrington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  the bat on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

My son had a 2lb perch whilst reeling in an eel section.he also had a 23-4 pike that day too also on eel section

the bat

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm

day one for the Doncaster boys.   4 jacks,  10lb   13lb   19lb 1oz and 25lb 10oz.   not too bad for day one Wink
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 794
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  adie1200 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Nice days piking Andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy who is the Doncaster boy / boys ?
avatar
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3523
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 61
Location : Doncaster

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm

3 old friends from Balby and Intake. My old stomping grounds Wink
avatar
lowdouble

Posts : 794
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum