PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 kg trophy pike

3 posters

Go down

11 kg trophy pike Empty 11 kg trophy pike

Post  Burlagafishing Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am

A really fat pike from Canada wow is that ever neat catching such big fish through the ice

Burlagafishing

Back to top Go down

11 kg trophy pike Empty Re: 11 kg trophy pike

Post  Burlagafishing Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Burlagafishing

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:57 am

Very impressive fishing. I can't say that I find the prospect of hand lining very appealing myself, but I just like a rod and reel in my hand for playing the fish.

Interesting the different priorities on each side of the pond. Length is of little importance compared to weight here. We don't have any terms like trophy pike or master angler. It's just doubles, twenties, thirties and so on.

Very girthy fish too - I've only had pike to 18lb 4oz, but that was 41 inch. Beautiful markings on the Canadian pike too.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Burlagafishing Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Thank you J Robinson. in canada we have a few systems each province has its own. we get certificates and badges for trophy fish.

Burlagafishing

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Stunning looking Pike Very Happy In Ireland we have different values put on Pike, we class 20lb fish in a river system as trophy or specimen Pike and 30lb fish as lough/lake specimens. there are awards for each of these and a place in the specimen book every year if you submit the catch with 2 witnesses, i dont claim any but would like to if i ever fished with 2 other anglers lol.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum