Daughter fishing. Proud Daddy.

Go down

Daughter fishing. Proud Daddy.

Post  lowdouble on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:35 pm

I took the daughter who is back from university for a week,  to catch me a few baits☺   nice sizes too lol.  she is now a stick float addict,   10lb in 1hr is a great days sport☺

lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Daughter fishing. Proud Daddy.

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

lowdouble wrote:I took the daughter who is back from university for a week,  to catch me a few baits☺   nice sizes too lol.  she is now a stick float addict,   10lb in 1hr is a great days sport☺

looks a different world where you are andy , its horrendous here snow hail , strong winds really cold your daughter is a credit to you pal , not many lasses go fishing apart from my wife , but only when the weathers good though Thumb up
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:48 pm

She loves it for a few hours,  shes even got the boyfriend interested and they both love spinning for perch on a summers evening Very Happy    she has caught trout on the fly, pike to 16lb and loves sea fishing too.   But she is a girlie girl most of the time.  Perfect daughter.

lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Excellent! Top notch roach there - I hope you're not putting lunkers like that on the hook for pike Crying or Very sad

I've two girls (3.5 years and 5 months) and the older one has been fishing with me a few times. She's yet to land a fish of her own, but she's helped net a few and likes hair rigging baits.
J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:12 am

No way J, i couldnt kill such a beautiful creature, they were near 1lb and as thick as chub lol. but i will use bream to 1.5lb if any die while catching them in the summer, big baits big predators☺ Once had a 19lb on a 2lb tench (found in the margins) Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 am

Phew! Just checking!

I love and appreciate pretty much all forms of fishing, with the exception of rainbow trout fishing in commercial trout puddles. Big roach like that are a dream to catch. I've got one in my pond at about 1lb 8oz that I caught from a trout fishery at 1lb 5oz last year. The other anglers couldn't understand why I'd rather catch that than a 10lb rainbow!

What sort of age did your girl start to take an interest in fishing?
J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 am

I would say "Taking an interest" is stretching it a bit lol,  but she does like to spend time with me doing it together.  I took both my son and Daughter from about 4 years old.  Tent, fire, food and bow and arrows, throwing knifes footballs and gameboys filled the days and a few fish topped it off.  Anything to keep them happy really. It was always an adventure when we went out.  We progressed to .22 rifles and 12 bores in later years and did a few overnighters too Very Happy   My son had Bream over 8lb,  tench over 5lb pike over 23lb and roach to 2lb 6oz  by the time he was 10 Wink

lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 am

Great stuff, and lovely photos too. We just don't have that quality of coarse fishing here. I've been emailing all sorts of different trout angling associations (they control almost all the small to medium sized waters in Scotland) and each time the answer regarding pike fishing is no. Or they just blank me.

We're moving either the back end of this year or some point next year to either Germany or Devon. Either way, the fishing will improve! Very Happy
J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:15 pm

fantastic pictures mate, a credit to you I love you
piketastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content