PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piking in summer in mega hot weather

3 posters

Go down

piking in summer in mega hot weather Empty piking in summer in mega hot weather

Post  stubbo Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:02 pm

had a walk around some of my venues and yes there are still lads out there fishing for pike in this heat wave , bad news me thinks as the water temps are well up and this will do no good to the pike in a prolonged fight seen a few go belly up ....but what do I know ......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

piking in summer in mega hot weather Empty Re: piking in summer in mega hot weather

Post  lowdouble Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am

It saddens me to see photos of good fish caught in this heatwave. most are surely dead mate Evil or Very Mad
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

piking in summer in mega hot weather Empty Re: piking in summer in mega hot weather

Post  stubbo Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:41 am

lowdouble wrote:It saddens me to see photos of good fish caught in this heatwave.  most are surely dead mate Evil or Very Mad
the back end of September, can be a good time to start piking , but again if the water temps are down...Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:54 pm

I did catch a pike of about 10 pound on monday by accident when perch and trout fishing in 1 of the lakes up in the mountains it was on a 2 inch kopyto on a 7 gramm rod so took a while to land , I,m just hoping she,s ok , I nursed her in the margins and she swam off strongly , the 1 good thing is I was quite high up where I never see anyone else fishing and the water never seems to warm up too much , this lake is fed by mountain streams of cool water so fingers crossed all is well , but I do agree these temps are no good for pike to be exerting themselves

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 pm

mal wynne wrote:I did catch a pike of about 10 pound on monday by accident when perch and trout fishing in 1 of the lakes up in the mountains it was on a 2 inch kopyto on a 7 gramm rod so took a while to land , I,m just hoping she,s ok , I nursed her in the margins and she swam off strongly , the 1 good thing is I was quite high up where I never see anyone else fishing and the water never seems to warm up too much , this lake is fed by mountain streams of cool water so fingers crossed all is well , but I do agree these temps are no good for pike to be exerting themselves
its mainly the shallow lakes mal that heat up very quickly, on the very big deep lakes probably less off a problem...... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down