Anybody Catching

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  adie1200 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Doesn't look like many are fishing Stubbo Shocked Shocked Touch wood I will be out with Kell this week or on my own Lets see if I'm still as good at blanking as I was last year lol! lol! lol!

adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 pm

adie1200 wrote:Doesn't look like many are fishing Stubbo Shocked Shocked  Touch wood I will be out with Kell this week or on my own Lets see if I'm still as good at blanking as I was last year lol! lol! lol!

having good fishing up to now adie , just hope I am not pissing everybody off with my photos , to be honest cant but all my pics on just incase I give the venues away ...... smile
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 pm

More photos the better mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Not going to Pee anyone off with them Wink cheers
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 pm

adie1200 wrote:More photos the better mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Not going to Pee anyone off with them Wink cheers
ok pal
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am

Didnt get out at all myself. Rugby is my real love and while the autumn internationals are on i am glued to the sofa lol. Might get out mid week if the weather holds. Good luck Adie, and well done stubbo Wink
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 am

Going to order some more bait from Lucebait today getting a bit low. I was going to go fishing last Saturday but couldn't get my mojo going. Going to go Thursday now.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:27 am

psion wrote:Going to order some more bait from Lucebait today getting a bit low. I was going to go fishing last Saturday but couldn't get my mojo going. Going to go Thursday now.
fished with perch as bait more this year and doing well on it followed by roach... Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Its strange how we all have our lucky bait lol. I wouldnt use a Perch if thats all I had left in the bag. No faith in them at all. Roach and trout all the way for me.
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:51 pm

lowdouble wrote:Its strange how we all have our lucky bait lol.  I wouldnt use a Perch if thats all I had left in the bag.  No faith in them at all.  Roach and trout all the way for me.
I've found them to be good on high pressured waters, probably because most anglers wouldn't use them either.
Theu're deadly as liveys but as im from Scotland i dont livebait for pike anymore (honestly)
fatcaff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 am

you could be right Fatcaff lol, i catch on trout and roach because i use them all the time lol. I bet they would be a great livey, tough as old boots arent they. No livebaiting in Ireland either Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:46 am

lowdouble wrote:Its strange how we all have our lucky bait lol.  I wouldnt use a Perch if thats all I had left in the bag.  No faith in them at all.  Roach and trout all the way for me.
me too normally , but having seen the camera footage and all them perch feeding , I thought I would match the hatch so to speak , and its paying off.......fishing sometimes you have to think outside the box to make something happen.
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 pm

My favourite bait is Lamprey. I don't think there is anywhere I fish where I can uses livebait and some place you can only use sea baits.
My order arrived today Mackerel Sardine Lamprey Blueys and Trout the freezer is full now. All I need now is a big pike to take one.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

one jack today....hard going leaf fall spoiling presentation

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:06 pm

been out today , had to move about a bit today because of the leaf fall cant escape it at the moment, manage I pike about.5lb ish

no photo just unhooked in the water ... fishing
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 pm

fatcaff wrote:
I've found them to be good on high pressured waters, probably because most anglers wouldn't use them either.
Theu're deadly as liveys but as im from Scotland i dont livebait for pike anymore (honestly)
there a excellent bait to catch big perch too
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Not a bad day afloat,  atrocious weather and gales,  but what else would you expect in Ireland lol.   3lb  4lb  6lb  8lb  9lb  10lb  12lb  14lb  and missed 6.  all estimated but close enough.  Drifter did the damage but the 2 best fish came to static float legered trout.   Never tried a perch Stubbo,  but I will Wink Wink

lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:08 pm

lowdouble wrote:Not a bad day afloat,  atrocious weather and gales,  but what else would you expect in Ireland lol.   3lb  4lb  6lb  8lb  9lb  10lb  12lb  14lb  and missed 6.  all estimated but close enough.  Drifter did the damage but the 2 best fish came to static float legered trout.   Never tried a perch Stubbo,  but I will Wink Wink

that's a good day in anybody's book pal , try it on the drifter next time and see what happens , I live would be best , but dead's catch too. looks rough out there andy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not a sniff today

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:36 pm

been out today with 2 mates 6 rods out between us plus we thrashed the venue with the usual lures , but nothing followed or bleeped the bait rods ......that's pike fishing gone fishing
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Cheers Stubbo, rough for sure, that was at anchor and it was a 2ft swell at times. The fish didnt mind much Wink Youve had a good few already mate, you cant win them all lol. Out again tomorrow to a deeper venue, hoping for a single run but from a biggun Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 pm

lowdouble wrote:Cheers Stubbo,  rough for sure,  that was at anchor and it was a 2ft swell at times.  The fish didnt mind much Wink      Youve had a good few already mate,  you cant win them all lol.  Out again tomorrow to a deeper venue,  hoping for a single run but from a biggun Wink
I need to find a new venue , with a few big fish and stick with it , need to catch a really big fish this season , but I need to put the hours in , or just go to venues where your guaranteed a run but these only really produce smaller fish , hope you get the biggun smile
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Another good day Andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy well done mate Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Stubbo you're not on your own lol I've been out today and all I had to show for it is one dropped run and another run where I hit into it far to fast lol as soon as the float moved resulting in me pulling out of it Shocked Shocked
Oh well better luck next time Very Happy Very Happy
Main thing is I was out on the bank enjoying nature at its best smile
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 am

Glad your getting out Adie, you will get them next time lol. us fishermen are eternal optimists Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Its hard to find the big fish Stubbo, but when they are feeding they are easy caught. it took me 4 years to get my first 20 Shocked But i learnt they arent in every venue even though we believe theres record fish everywhere. Venues that always produced 20s over here, still produce 20s so something is right with the venue. go back to where you had the 30 bounce bounce bounce bounce Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:07 am

That sounds like another successful day on the water. My mate and I where out yesterday he had five jacks and a nice one at 14lb I on the other hand just
had the one 9.8lb.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Another day in paradise lol,   3 times I had two rods go at the same time and i managed to land a single fish from that.  Things slowed a little and I managed  7 doubles and a jack,  the best 3 fish being 15lb 8oz,  16lb 9oz and 17lb 2oz.   All the excitement happened between 8am and 11am,  then 5 hours for a jack.   2 days and 11 doubles,  not too shabby Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Once again well done Andy lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Weather looks a bit better in this photo than it did in the last one Very Happy Very Happy

I'll be back out chasing my first of the season next week trout slap
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Very good Andy. Hit the ground running with this pike season.

I've had absolutely no time for a month. Been on site with a big forestry job doing 60-70 hours a week. The local carp fishery is opening up for perch fishing over the winter months and they have some clonking fish to over 4lb. Might give that a pop. Have yet to find a good pike water in East Devon/West Somerset, but honestly I haven't looked that hard yet!
J Robinson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next