Re: Anybody Catching

Post  psion on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 am

Mr Robinson I have sent you a PM.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am

Thats great sport Psion, a near double is a great fish, i would take that every day if it was offered Wink

Good man J , you will find a water soon, and a 4lb perch WOW, good luck.
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andycoe76 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:14 pm

A few from this week.

andycoe76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

weathers on our side for the moment

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 pm

cracking looking fish andy been out today to look at a new venue , had a few casts about with the lures ,but sadly no follows . Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andycoe76 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks stubbo I'm back out tomorrow whilst there feeding
Getting plenty of runs at min .
I'm sure you will start getting some can't catch at home and not all about catching just been out is nice.

andycoe76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 pm

andycoe76 wrote:Thanks stubbo I'm back out tomorrow whilst there feeding
Getting plenty of runs at min .
I'm sure you will start getting some can't catch at home and not all about catching just been out is nice. †
true andy
nice just to be out on the bank , had a good walk around this new venue and spoke to some locals , but they was not giving anything away , cant blame them really , but I will be back with my bait rods to have ago at the perch at least....... Very Happy
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Some great fish people, think Iíve lost more than Iíve had out this season so far
Pikeypete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Pikeypete wrote:Some great fish people, think Iíve lost more than Iíve had out this season so far
I have noticed since the temps have dropped so has the pikes feeding times have altered and the action has slowed up , for me anyway at the moment , anybody else thinking the same , seem to be waiting for just one fish all day long....... smile
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:46 pm

stubbo wrote:
Pikeypete wrote:Some great fish people, think Iíve lost more than Iíve had out this season so far
I have noticed since the temps have dropped so has the pikes feeding times have altered and the action has slowed up , for me anyway at the moment , anybody else thinking the same , seem to be waiting for just one fish all day long....... smile
definitely a one fish game for me at the minute the problem is I keep losing my 1 chance, makes you reconsider everything from tackle to approach I think Iím just unlucky at the moment although I started the season with a double. The weather is far from consistent too definitely colder but not enough to get the fish shouling up yet down here. Desperate to get fishing though but being self employed on the run up to Christmas means finding time is difficult going to have to hit the locals at the key times
Pikeypete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 pm

My seasons been like that sofar just one or two jacks a session a part from my trips to Scotland.Going to try again tomorrow.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm

I was out on Sunday trying to break a run of blanks that I'm currently on. Like a few on here I've noticed a drop off in runs and fish on the bank. Previous to this Sunday I'd managed a single run on each of my last 2 sessions but managed to suffer a hook pull on one session and completely miss a screaming run on the other. Anyway I ventured off to a club water in the depths of Wales not far from the upper Severn and Vrynwy. The water being a classic shallow oxbow lake with a causeway in between creating 2 pools. One side is deemed coarse fishing and the other is Trout fishing and is fly only. I was dismayed to find the coarse side virtually unfishable due to the weed growth and the only clear(ish) spots I could find were also one of the shallowest areas on the coarse pool, to say I wasn't feeling confident would be an understatement

After about 2 hours I was literally starting to pack down to move to a nearby stretch of the Severn when the bailiff came round and gave me the green light to fish the Trout side. Not one to pass on that opportunity I was soon set up on the Trout side and fortunately I'd found a fairly weed free clear spot on this side. My only run of the day produced a nice double at 14Lbs 6oz which had most certainly not seen a Pike anglers hooks in the past. It was only lightly hooked on 1 treble and gave a really good account in the clear shallow water. It was slipped back in the Trout side to hopefully grow a lot bigger in the future on it's diet of stocked Trout.

David Wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Nice one David its always good to break a run of blanks Very Happy Very Happy
And thats a lovely pike to do it with Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:21 pm

David Wynne wrote:I was out on Sunday trying to break a run of blanks that I'm currently on. Like a few on here I've noticed a drop off in runs and fish on the bank. Previous to this Sunday I'd managed a single run on each of my last 2 sessions but managed to suffer a hook pull on one session and completely miss a screaming run on the other. Anyway I ventured off to a club water in the depths of Wales not far from the upper Severn and Vrynwy. The water being a classic shallow oxbow lake with a causeway in between creating 2 pools. One side is deemed coarse fishing and the other is Trout fishing and is fly only. I was dismayed to find the coarse side virtually unfishable due to the weed growth and the only clear(ish) spots I could find were also one of the shallowest areas on the coarse pool, to say I wasn't feeling confident would be an understatement

After about 2 hours I was literally starting to pack down to move to a nearby stretch of the Severn when the bailiff came round and gave me the green light to fish the Trout side. Not one to pass on that opportunity I was soon set up on the Trout side and fortunately I'd found a fairly weed free clear spot on this side. My only run of the day produced a nice double at 14Lbs 6oz which had most certainly not seen a Pike anglers hooks in the past. It was only lightly hooked on 1 treble and gave a really good account in the clear shallow water. It was slipped back in the Trout side to hopefully grow a lot bigger in the future on it's diet of stocked Trout.

good looking pike dave well in , should grow bigger pal..... if left alone
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:16 am

Well done Andycoe, lovely fish mate. and David your on a roll. well done everyone catching a few. Its pike day for me again tomorrow. fingers crossed Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Nice fish Andy. I was out yesterday I had four jacks and a nice double. †I was going to weigh and photograph it I had her resting in the net while I got my scale ready
but I had a run on my other rod so I let her go. I am off the Scotland next week for four days fishing so I am hoping to get a picture of something.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Well done Psion, fish welfare should always come first Wink
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Good Pike Dave well done!

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andycoe76 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks everyone and a nice fish Dave.
Back out tomorrow good luck everyone and keep warm good luck too everyone venturing out.

andycoe76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:33 pm

I had one of THOSE days Embarassed engine trouble, snagged all the time and pulled out of fish Shocked I shouldnt moan as I am home safe and sound. Landed a 5lb 8lb 13lb and 18lb 9oz which if i had of lost it i would have sworn it was 25+ what a scrap affraid affraid affraid affraid
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  andycoe76 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:54 pm

At least you caught for your troubles well done.
Hope I have as good a day as that tommorow minus the car trouble.👍

andycoe76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks andy and good luck to you too. it was the boat engine lol, I reversed over my own sea anchor rope Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed No engine power, adrift in 45ft of water and the 18lb fish managed to snag my other line. CHAOS lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

hard work today one bite , but made it count

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:44 pm

stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Thats a nice pike Stubbo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and your right it has got a big head Very Happy Very Happy What did she weigh
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:09 pm

lowdouble wrote:I had one of THOSE days Embarassed † †engine trouble, †snagged all the time and pulled out of fish Shocked † † I shouldnt moan as I am home safe and sound. †Landed a 5lb †8lb †13lb †and 18lb 9oz which if i had of lost it i would have sworn it was 25+ † what a scrap affraid affraid affraid affraid

At least it came good in the end Andy lol well done mate Wink
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 pm

stubbo wrote:
did not weigh it pal think about 12lb ish
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down