Anybody Catching

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:27 pm

lowdouble wrote:Its in the Blog section Stubbo,     It works for me thats all i can say☺   copyright on the rig lol
will have a look matey
judging by the fish Andy you catch nobody on here thinks its bleeps mate you have it down to a fine art mate , its all about experience and years of fishing on your particular method you are the man on this method ....... so any advice I will welcome..

regards stubbo
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

blog section

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 pm

andy
where is the blog section mate , its probably staring me in the face , but I have just drunk a very large whiskey ........ affraid
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Your links and blogs, bottom of the page Very Happy dont be harsh now, its one mans opinion Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 pm

lowdouble wrote:Your links and blogs,   bottom of the page Very Happy     dont be harsh now,  its one mans opinion Wink
sorry Andy still cant find it mate when you say bottom of the page which page , wish I had not drunk that jim beam know pig
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

found your blog mate

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:19 pm

yes Andy it all makes sense now , will give it a go ......good read was
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Blanked today on stubbos new water,bank fishing😉

the bat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:14 pm

the bat wrote:Blanked today on stubbos new water,bank fishing😉
was that you on the bank about halfway down muck....... my mate had a 10lb fish to lures and I lost 2 good fish to lures ... just nice to be in the sun for a change..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:04 pm

So so cold today, wet too. struggled for bites, even after moving every hour or so. 3lb 5lb 8lb and a nice fat 11lb. Missed none and lost none. All came from 45ft deep Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:36 pm

lowdouble wrote:So so cold today,  wet too.  struggled for bites,  even after moving every hour or so.   3lb  5lb  8lb   and a nice fat 11lb.  Missed none and lost none.  All came from 45ft deep Wink
hi andy  was that anchored up and bait float fished on the bottom or trolled behind the boat  Very Happy the reason I ask this Andy is because I have found large numbers of bait fish at 50ft plus in nice looking areas , would you fish these static under a float..... even at these depths or would it be better to troll a bait through these areas , never really fished a float set up over 30ft with a dead bait hard on the bottom , what's your thoughts on this ........ Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I was anchored at the top of the shelf in about 35ft. A float legered deadbait set at about 45ft was casted into the deeper 60ft depths and allowed to drop back onto the ledge / shelf. I set the other rod on a drifter set at 35ft and just let a few yards of line out so i guess the bait was suspended 5 to 10ft off the bottom. The Shoal of bait was huge!!!!! maybe 50yds long and 25ft deep in places, all sat at 40ft down Wink 2 fish to each method mate if that helps at all Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:00 pm

lowdouble wrote:I was anchored at the top of the shelf in about 35ft.   A float legered deadbait set at about 45ft was casted into the deeper 60ft depths and allowed to drop back onto the ledge / shelf.   I set the other rod on a drifter set at 35ft and just let a few yards of line out so i guess the bait was suspended 5 to 10ft off the bottom.  The Shoal of bait was huge!!!!!  maybe 50yds long and 25ft deep in places,  all sat at 40ft down Wink    2 fish to each method mate if that helps at all Wink
these bait fish shoals were also huge andy , I was in to minds to suspend the baits or fish hard on the bottom but I think suspended would be the better option and yes a drifter that moves the bait through the zone makes sense, only fished this water twice and mapping out the water on every visit found some cracking drop off and ledges but this water has some horrendous snaggy areas , but looks promising santa rendeer santa
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:04 pm

sounds perfect, go get them lol. People are often put off by deep water, Pike on the other hand love it Wink Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:13 pm

lowdouble wrote:sounds perfect,  go get them lol.   People are often put off by deep water,  Pike on the other hand love it Wink Wink
it makes sense the bait fish are in deeper water in the cooler months ,so that's should be where the pike are , another point I have been bothered about is the anchoring , do you use 2 anchors Andy and what type to you recommend, having problems with the boat drifting about causing tangling if you don't watch out , think it would involve faffing about but well worth it don't you think. What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:32 pm

anchoring is an art form lol, Ive tried, and own about 12 of the sodding things, but now i have the best setup I think. for soft silty limestone bottoms i use a 7.5kg bruce/plough type anchor off the front of the boat. Lower it down from the bow and as it touches bottom, reverse back slowly and let out 3 times the length of rope as the water the anchor is in. When tied off, leave the engine in gear and lower the back mudweight at the stern. I use 36lb lead weight for the Orkney, and a 28lb butchers weight for the lough boat. drop it so it plugs into the silt and tie off to the stern. you obviously sway a little bit but its as stable as i can get a boat anyway Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:52 pm

lowdouble wrote:anchoring is an art form lol,  Ive tried, and own about 12 of the sodding things,  but now i have the best setup I think.  for soft silty limestone bottoms i use a 7.5kg bruce/plough type anchor off the front of the boat.  Lower it down from the bow and as it touches bottom,  reverse back slowly and let out 3 times the length of rope as the water the anchor is in.  When tied off, leave the engine in gear and lower the back mudweight at the stern.  I use 36lb lead weight for the Orkney,  and a 28lb butchers weight for the lough boat.  drop it so it plugs into the silt and tie off to the stern.  you obviously sway a little bit but its as stable as i can get a boat anyway Wink
thought as much .good idea....
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

christmas out the way ....now lets go piking

Post  stubbo on Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:39 pm

now the festivity's  are over, are we ready to start catching some pike now , let us see your pictures , who will be the first to catch with snow on the ground, or has somebody done that already   fishing
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Heading out tomorrow for the first time in ages affraid Having a day afloat with my Son so hoping for a few fish, size wont matter tomorrow Wink Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Good luck Andy  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have no idea when I will be out again Crying or Very sad Had back pain since before Christmas which has developed into sciatica pale pale pale  very painful from my lower back right down my left leg but my knee is numb and gives way if im not careful scratch not good when its my only good leg affraid So lol it may be a while or it may clear up in a few more day Sleep Doc says it  could take 6 to 8 weeks pale pale pale

Last edited by adie1200 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:26 pm

That's not good Adia. I was out yesterday last trip before the end of the year I was trying a new river venue but unfortunately I blanked I did have one
On but it got off.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:08 pm

adie1200 wrote:Good luck Andy  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have no idea when I will be out again Crying or Very sad Had back pain since before Christmas which has developed into sciatica pale pale pale  very painful from my lower back right down my left leg but my knee is numb and gives way if im not careful scratch not good when its my only good leg affraid So lol it may be a while or it may clear up in a few more day Sleep Doc says it  could take 6 to 8 weeks pale pale pale
myself and my wife and also my son , have suffered over the years with sciatica , my wife ended up having surgery  but that is very rare , it will take a while to sort itself out mate chin up.....it will get better
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

had a trip out today

Post  stubbo on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm

stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:48 pm

stubbo wrote:
looks like there's only me fishing , there was only me on the bank that day too , good news to the pike.....though
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Well done Stubbo, your on fire☺

Take it handy Adie, look after yourself and you will be back in a flash☺

My Son hooked 3 and lost 3 lol, hes a bit rusty Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:44 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well done Stubbo,  your on fire☺

Take it handy Adie,  look after yourself and you will be back in a flash☺

My Son hooked 3 and lost 3 lol,  hes a bit rusty Wink
at least your out there mate catching fish ......better than sitting at home knitting..as my mate always says.... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:43 am

Good angling Stubbo, nice looking Pike Very Happy
David Wynne
David Wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down