Anybody Catching

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 17 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  psion on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 am

At the moment not catching anything near that size but still getting a few fish so can't complain.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Its always a numbers game Psion, wade through the jacks and a double or better will come. I have had a very lucky season so far, Ive fished less than ever before and still done ok, Its better to be lucky than good Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 17 Empty not pike , but worth a session

Post  stubbo on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm

had the man flue all week so not been fishing , but had a few walks with the mutt,,
had a walk down to the canal and 2 guys were bagging up on roach and perch , one guy was getting follows off pike chasing his baits in
so if feel well enough might have a bash at it , might even take a float rod catch a few roach/ perch for bait.....
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

I think I have the same as you Stubbo, burning eyes, coughing and ache all over. still going fishing tomorrow though lol, it will kill or cure me Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:15 pm

lowdouble wrote:I think I have the same as you Stubbo, burning eyes, coughing and ache all over. still going fishing tomorrow though lol, it will kill or cure me Wink
had this now for 2 weeks pal , just so knackered all the time knocks the stuffing out of you mate...just glad its not the real flu virus , now that is a different matter......we sound like a right couple of old farts lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Thats probably because we are lol. landed 4, 6lb 9lb 12lb 14lb and missed 3. Rain all day and windy too, very tough sat in an open boat pale pale
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Old farts lol! lol! lol!
Wait til you get to my age lol!

Well done Andy on what sounds like a miserable day At least you braved the bad weather and had some nice pike out mate thats more than I've managed lol!
With a bit of luck I might be out somewhere tomorrow if there's anywhere ice free scratch
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm

go for it Adie, you must be feeling better at last Very Happy Very Happy

i am doing it all again tomorrow, and theres even more rain forecast than today, but 10C. that might get them active after the last week of frosts Wink Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 pm

lowdouble wrote:Thats probably because we are lol. landed 4, 6lb 9lb 12lb 14lb and missed 3. Rain all day and windy too, very tough sat in an open boat pale pale
feel like an old fart at this moment in time , that's good going even with a heavy cold pal , better than sitting in a boat and nothing happening......... well in
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:31 pm

adie1200 wrote:Old farts lol! lol! lol!
Wait til you get to my age lol!

Well done Andy on what sounds like a miserable day At least you braved the bad weather and had some nice pike out mate thats more than I've managed lol!
With a bit of luck I might be out somewhere tomorrow if there's anywhere ice free scratch
think its warming up a bit , but next week dropping again according to XC WEATHER

stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:32 pm

I am feeling a bit better cheers Andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Think its due to the CBD oil I'm taking I have also noticed a few other things I have that are feeling a little better as well bloody good stuff this is Laughing Laughing Laughing Its legal to use and drive with as well which is a bonus lol!

I'll just be glad to be out on the bank but wont be walking far as the sciatica has weakened my left leg so not sure how far I would get with my tackle now lol!
Got to get out before I go mad geek geek geek
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Horrible terrible weather Evil or Very Mad Managed to do 6hrs and then the waterproofs stopped working lol. Two runs and thankfully I landed both. 4lb and a beautiful 18lb 11oz. ive had worse days Wink

Did you get out Adie gone fishing
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:21 pm

I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed catching my first 20 of the season Very Happy Very Happy Well I would like to but in reality I blanked lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Once again you are into big fish and I can't stop being jealous. My mate and I when out the other day only to find the lake covered in ice so we
When home, will be trying again next week.
Just a observation I have never caught much when is very cold and on the rivers it's dead.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:54 pm

adie1200 wrote:I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed catching my first 20 of the season Very Happy Very Happy Well I would like to but in reality I blanked lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
ha ha nice one Adie. are you still using your electric barrow?
rozzo
rozzo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 17 Empty short session

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:19 pm

been out today on a new canal peg .........had3 rods out , kept moving also lures inbetween.....not a sniff ha ho Very Happy could fish my bankers but needed a change of scenery.thats pike fishing ...
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 am

Psion, i kind of have a theory for everythng and can prove nothing lol. When theres a real cold snap or a biting East wind, i choose to fish hard waters instead of my runs waters. I know the fish are going to be lethargic and not chasing around hunting. if i only get one run i want it to be a biggun Wink I anchor and fish 2 static baits, re cast every 10 minutes covering the whole area and run drifters too. One hour and move 100yds, trying to cover as many fish as possible. its hard for them to refuse a bait that lands on their heads Wink the 12lb i had on the herring and camera the other day took the bait within 30 seconds of casting out, it had ignored the other baits for half an hour but putting it on the money She couldnt resist. but I could be wrong Razz Razz
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 am

rozzo wrote:
adie1200 wrote:I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed catching my first 20 of the season Very Happy Very Happy Well I would like to but in reality I blanked lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
ha ha nice one Adie. are you still using your electric barrow?

Yes its still going strong 😁😁
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 pm

hard afternoon on the river for me today , walked miles and tried every likely lookin spot , but the river is up a bit with snowmelt and still rising , I couldn't even catch a livebait coz the only fish I had was a chub just over a pound and a bit too big , so stuck it out with sprats and sardines but no sign of a pike ,

mal wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I know what what you mean, Lowdouble. It's just a feeling about certain waters and conditions. The boat's gone now pale so am just on the bank.
I don't have the same opportunities to move around, that's where the bait boat comes in handy as its opens up a larger area in front of you.
We are going out Wednesday - we have chosen a big water this time so ice should not be a problem, just have to wrap up warm.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:22 pm

mal wynne wrote:hard afternoon on the river for me today , walked miles and tried every likely lookin spot , but the river is up a bit with snowmelt and still rising , I couldn't even catch a livebait coz the only fish I had was a chub just over a pound and a bit too big , so stuck it out with sprats and sardines but no sign of a pike ,
snow melt on the rivers , in my experience can be the kiss of death pal , very slow if anything.......there are saying more snow on the way , hope not.......Sad
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:27 pm

lowdouble wrote:Psion, i kind of have a theory for everythng and can prove nothing lol. When theres a real cold snap or a biting East wind, i choose to fish hard waters instead of my runs waters. I know the fish are going to be lethargic and not chasing around hunting. if i only get one run i want it to be a biggun Wink I anchor and fish 2 static baits, re cast every 10 minutes covering the whole area and run drifters too. One hour and move 100yds, trying to cover as many fish as possible. its hard for them to refuse a bait that lands on their heads Wink the 12lb i had on the herring and camera the other day took the bait within 30 seconds of casting out, it had ignored the other baits for half an hour but putting it on the money She couldnt resist. but I could be wrong Razz Razz
your probably not andy,...... the last time I went out on the boat it was the same , move cast out and a fish within 10 minutes , this was when it was cold , blowing a hoolie here, was going to boat fish today , no chance at all......
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm

maybe you did , but just forgot , its that funny oil mate, where can I get some lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:31 pm

It seems to work lol, but not always, thats the beauty of fishing Wink

Good luck Psion, that 20+ isnt too far away, big water big fish Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:02 pm

stubbo wrote:

maybe you did , but just forgot , its that funny oil mate, where can I get some lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! This stuff is safe you don't get any of the cannabis effects lol! its made from other parts of the plant with no THCs that cause hallucinations plus you are safe to drive with this stuff as its almost THC free Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good stuff though although not cheap at 45 for 10ml What a Face What a Face What a Face I'm looking at some that's a lot cheaper now Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next