Anybody Catching

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:57 am

6" of snow here and minus -3 forecast until the weekend. No fishing for me Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad good luck to those getting out Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

horendous weather and session

Post  stubbo on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:08 pm

been out yesterday , blowing a hoolie then the rain started , not a sniff short session....... just was not feeling it on that particular venue.
hopefully out again end of the week, might just sit it out on a big fish venue...... gone fishing
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm

No snow here yet just heavy frost I'm hoping to be out Friday if I can find some clear water worth fishing lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 am

We were out yesterday braving the cold the weather wasn't to bad quite nice when the sun came out. My mate had 3 Jack's one was 9lb unfortunately
I banked.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am

This super cold snap has really turned them off hasnt it Evil or Very Mad
Pressure is on me as my 3 mates from Doncaster come next weekend, They have had 10 x 20s in the last 2 years weekly trips. This could be tough, wish me luck Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

I think it's getting warmer next week so the fishing should be better but catching a twenty is still big ask but if anyone can do it you can. Good luck.
I don't know where to go next - am waiting for inspiration.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm

psion wrote:I think it's getting warmer next week so the fishing should be better but catching a twenty is still big ask but if anyone can do it you can. Good luck.
I don't know where to go next  - am waiting for inspiration.
look on XCWEATHER ITS GETTING BETTER NEXT WEEK ..... affraid
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Oh I really hope so, its like real pressure on me lol, two of the lads had never had a double before so they think now that twentys are easy lol, One guy had a brace of twentys and 140lb of Pike in a day. Time will tell Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 am

lowdouble wrote:Oh I really hope so,   its like real pressure on me lol,   two of the lads had never had a double before so they think now that twentys are easy lol,   One guy had a brace of twentys and 140lb of Pike in a day.  Time will tell Wink
freezing here some small venues iced over -3 at the moment..... Sad
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Well i have been catching Very Happy Very Happy but not Pike. i went to the local river to get a few baits for next week, we are allowed to take 4 fish per day under 25cm for pike baits. Unreal!!!!!! loads and I mean loads of roach upto about 1lb 12oz, and most of them 10oz plus. i had about 40lb before I had 4 6oz baits small enough to keep lol. Not too bad a complaint is it lol Very Happy Very Happy A couple of 8oz trout made an appearence too but they are out of season so swam off to turn into plate sized fish next year Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

We were out yesterday the weather was bad, very windy. I blanked again but my mate had a Jack so he was happy.
I am planning a trip to Scotland next week so hoping for better luck.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 am

Well done on getting out Psion, 6 days on the trot for me, starting tomorrow Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

short session on micro pike

Post  stubbo on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Had a short session , on very light drop shot gear ,  I know these are very small pike , but match these to light tackle and its still exciting fishing...
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Well done Stubbo☺
The boys done ok today, missed 7, yes 7 and landed 13lb 7oz, 14lb and a 14lb 2oz. I blanked Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well done Stubbo☺  
The boys done ok today,  missed 7,  yes 7 and landed 13lb 7oz,  14lb   and a 14lb 2oz.   I blanked Embarassed
the temps are rising and so are the captures , it can only get better andy....... smile
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Wrong lol, one fish 2lb, pressures on me for tomorrow Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 pm

lowdouble wrote:Wrong lol,       one fish 2lb,   pressures on me for tomorrow Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
same here , blank today but ledgered large deads for a biggy......... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 pm

I had my first trip this Pike season to a North Wales venue yesterday that I've fished many times over the last 10 years, I have been a member of the club for the last few seasons but with me concentrating on other venues this season, hadn't bothered making the 150mile round trip this season. Wink  I was down there for 1st light and on the drive down I was trying to decide which swim I'd opt for with me having two areas in mind, one of which involved a decent walk. I've been hearing odd rumours of a couple of big fish from here this season which is good to hear after several years in decline.

As it was I opted for the easier of the two swims I had in mind as the light wind was pushing diagonally into this bank. I had 3 rods out on Lamprey, Sardine and a big section of Eel before it got properly light. My first run came at just after 08:30 and my run of 7 consecutive blanks was over, not the biggest fish I've caught, but at 8Lbs 6oz it was more than welcome. I had to wait until 11:25 for my next chance and this was a better fish at 12Lbs 5oz which was a really long and young looking fish that bodes well for the future on here. I then proceeded to suffer a couple of hook pulls on the next 2 runs, one of which felt a decent size. I then banked a couple more at 7Lbs 6oz and a small Jack about 5Lbs that disappointingly had another trace and set of trebles down it's stomach. I managed to get the hooks out but it took some doing so I rested it in the margins before it swam off. I'd caught this hard North Wales water on one of it's better days and was relieved to start catching again after my run of blanks.

Best fish of the day at 12Lbs 5oz
David Wynne
David Wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm

15 Pike yesterday but the best was just a low double and missed 7,    Today  saw a 9lb,   10lb   and 14lb 7oz  plus lost 3 and missed 4,  They just arent feeding strongly Evil or Very Mad Remember thats between 4 anglers Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:55 pm

David Wynne wrote:I had my first trip this Pike season to a North Wales venue yesterday that I've fished many times over the last 10 years, I have been a member of the club for the last few seasons but with me concentrating on other venues this season, hadn't bothered making the 150mile round trip this season. Wink  I was down there for 1st light and on the drive down I was trying to decide which swim I'd opt for with me having two areas in mind, one of which involved a decent walk. I've been hearing odd rumours of a couple of big fish from here this season which is good to hear after several years in decline.

As it was I opted for the easier of the two swims I had in mind as the light wind was pushing diagonally into this bank. I had 3 rods out on Lamprey, Sardine and a big section of Eel before it got properly light. My first run came at just after 08:30 and my run of 7 consecutive blanks was over, not the biggest fish I've caught, but at 8Lbs 6oz it was more than welcome. I had to wait until 11:25 for my next chance and this was a better fish at 12Lbs 5oz which was a really long and young looking fish that bodes well for the future on here. I then proceeded to suffer a couple of hook pulls on the next 2 runs, one of which felt a decent size. I then banked a couple more at 7Lbs 6oz and a small Jack about 5Lbs that disappointingly had another trace and set of trebles down it's stomach. I managed to get the hooks out but it took some doing so I rested it in the margins before it swam off. I'd caught this hard North Wales water on one of it's better days and was relieved to start catching again after my run of blanks.

Best fish of the day at 12Lbs 5oz
think it could make a come back if not over fished and poached , last time I was there , it had a few numptys  that I could hear the other side of the venue , plus they had a fish out of water for a good 20 minutes , but lets hope dave....well done on your captures ...just a point what method would result a snap off on a five pound pike ......numptys

Last edited by stubbo on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

short session

Post  stubbo on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:02 pm

been out today just an hour , but had this small jack
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Stubbo

The fish that had the trace down it's throat looked like it'd been deep hooked and instead of trying to remove it, they'd basically cut the line leaving the whole trace and hooks trailing out of the fish and just returned it, probably thinking that it'll survive.

Hopefully there are the odd signs of it making a slow comeback. There was a couple of lads further round past the bay and through the gate on another productive swim Wink They were bailiffs of a large North West club I'm in, who had travelled over a 100 miles each way from the Macclesfield area to fish here. I didn't quiz them about what they heard about the place but they headed straight for the area I'd mentioned and you don't travel that far unless you hear or know something. I spoke to them as they were packed up and heading back to the car and they'd had a 16Lbs 4oz fish and a couple of Jacks all taken fairly close in. Worryingly there has been a few youtube videos made by a couple of so called Pike anglers which although not naming the water it's easy to recognise where it is.  

I was out today on a local water, conditions near perfect and I go and blank again, without so much as a single bleep Shocked
David Wynne
David Wynne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm

David Wynne wrote:Stubbo

The fish that had the trace down it's throat looked like it'd been deep hooked and instead of trying to remove it, they'd basically cut the line leaving the whole trace and hooks trailing out of the fish and just returned it, probably thinking that it'll survive.

Hopefully there are the odd signs of it making a slow comeback. There was a couple of lads further round past the bay and through the gate on another productive swim Wink They were bailiffs of a large North West club I'm in, who had travelled over a 100 miles each way from the Macclesfield area to fish here. I didn't quiz them about what they heard about the place but they headed straight for the area I'd mentioned and you don't travel that far unless you hear or know something. I spoke to them as they were packed up and heading back to the car and they'd had a 16Lbs 4oz fish and a couple of Jacks all taken fairly close in. Worryingly there has been a few youtube videos made by a couple of so called Pike anglers which although not naming the water it's easy to recognise where it is.  

I was out today on a local water, conditions near perfect and I go and blank again, without so much as a single bleep Shocked
me also dave today not a bleep , but I had a follow of a decent pike to the blade dancer .......3 rd blank for me too Sad but a guy on the next peg had 5 tench to 6 lb
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

had a couple of hours local today

Post  stubbo on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm

nice jack.... good fun on dropshot rod... also lost a fish on the big bait rod
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:07 pm

I had three days fishing in Scotland I caught twenty-two pike four of which were over ten pounds the picture  is of a 13 and 14 pounders

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next