Anybody Catching

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 25 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Out working and feeling proper shite, my health isnt great at the moment Sad out today and landed 4 lost 4, 3 jacks and a 14lb 11oz, shouldnt be too unhappy but its the first of many I hope Smile
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 pm

lowdouble wrote:Out working and feeling proper shite,   my health isnt great at the moment Sad     out today and landed 4 lost 4,   3 jacks and a 14lb 11oz,   shouldnt be too unhappy but its the first of many I hope Smile
hope your on the mend mate , been rough myself for about 8 weeks  ..shingles and other things but , I have been eating a bit healthier lately and cutting out the drink , feel a lot better and want to go fishing more  at least your catching pal ....well in
been out myself today and not a sniff hay ...ho affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:07 pm

I hope you are feeling better soon. I am off to Scotland tomorrow, with all the rain and the river being up a little high its going to be challenging.

psion

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 25 Empty on the water today

Post  stubbo on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 pm

been out on the boat with my mate
had 6 fish and lost as many , just cant get into the big girls , but not complaining Anybody Catching - Page 25 Pike_o10Anybody Catching - Page 25 Titts_10Anybody Catching - Page 25 Titts_11Anybody Catching - Page 25 Titts_12Anybody Catching - Page 25 Titts_13 I am the one without the stupid hat What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Nice ones there stubbo, well done. good luck Psion Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm

First of many doubles I am sure Lowbouble. They may be small Stubbo but still make for a fun days fishing.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Anybody Catching - Page 25 20191012
I had a good session in Scotland catching 13 pike a 16.7 (picture) 15.5 14.10 10.8  and one which I did weigh and 8 jacks two of which where 9.8.

Last edited by psion on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Anybody Catching - Page 25 20191013
I know I have put a picture like this on before but I never tire of this view.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 am

Unreal days sport psion, great fishing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:31 am

Good sport lads, seems to be plenty of fish getting caught this winter.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Some good results lads and nice pics Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I will have to sort my gear out and get out there maybe next week as our lass is off this week so spending time with her this week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 25 Empty good start from the off .... for everybody

Post  stubbo on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 pm

well......
we are all into fish at the moment ,so well done everyone
some really big fish coming out too Wink you know who you are , well in
keep them coming , lads and lets keep the pictures coming too
I know the site has gone a bit quiet as people move on to do other things
so lets keep it going

regards
stubbo
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:05 pm

We all know we have good days and bad days yesterday was one, we blanked. We had six bites I wouldn't call them runs because they didn't take any line.
Its was a very nice day so it wasn't all bad.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:38 pm

I managed my second session and it was cut short by my stupidly running out of ROACH!!!!!! Embarassed 14 runs/takes, all on the drifter, missed 6 and landed 8. best 3 were 10lb, 12lb and 15lb. I had smelt, pollan and trout, plus sardines in the bag, not a sniff Question
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:10 pm

lowdouble wrote:I managed my second session and it was cut short by my stupidly running out of ROACH!!!!!! Embarassed    14 runs/takes,  all on the drifter,   missed 6 and landed 8.  best 3 were 10lb,  12lb and 15lb.   I had smelt, pollan and trout, plus sardines in the bag,  not a sniff Question
still mate , not a bad day.... well in...better than blanking
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 25 Empty perch and pike today

Post  stubbo on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Been out today ,put a rod out for perch with a large bait , 3 very large lobworms tight to a marginal Lilly pad.
the rod had only been out for 5 minutes and away it went , me thinks big perch on , no chance very large carp more like .
I played this fish very carefully but you can only do so much on a 10lb hook link this fish took me to the middle of the venue 3 times .
you know right away its not the target fish , the fish took me into a reed bed in the end and the hook pulled ,
this happened again 15 minutes later and resulted in another hook pull so back to the drawing board on that one .
Had 2 rods out for the pike and had 3 pike to the float rods and 1 fish to the camera rod. Water wolf footage later on the telly.Anybody Catching - Page 25 The_wo10Anybody Catching - Page 25 The_wo11 these are the biggest of the 4 about 10lb or there about
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am

I am glad someone was catching fish. Funny how something they focus on one particular bait but good fishing that. I don't fish with Roach very
often I think I get some next time am in the tackle shop I did get some nice size Trout but they didn't help me this week. I will have to stop being
lazy and get my drifter float out.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:50 am

psion wrote:I am glad someone was catching fish. Funny how something they focus on one particular bait but good fishing that. I don't fish with Roach very
often I think I get some next time am in the tackle shop I did get some nice size Trout but they didn't help me this week. I will have to stop being
One thing I have found with roach deads is that shop bought ones aren't as effective as self caught and quickly frozen ones. The self caught ones seem to retain a lot more of the natural slime and I'm sure that's where a lot of the scent is.I catch mine on a free stretch of river where it's perfectly legal to take 15 small fish in a day.
Morally whether you feel it's right or wrong to take them is down to the individual!
Personally I use a keepnet and do the deed at dusk discreetly so as not to upset anybody

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I couldnt agree more Mattjb. I feel super confident with fresh killed unfrozen baits too. sadly these roach were self caught but at least 18 months in the freezer Shocked Its all about confidence and trying your hardest, sometimes the Pike just dont seem to appreciate all our hard work Laughing Laughing Laughing
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:59 pm

lowdouble wrote:I couldnt agree more Mattjb.  I feel super confident with fresh killed unfrozen baits too.  sadly these roach were self caught but at least 18 months in the freezer Shocked Its all about confidence and trying your hardest,  sometimes the Pike just dont seem to appreciate all our hard work Laughing Laughing Laughing
Most of the time it's where and when you put it with baits but sometimes the small things can make a big difference. For me on a river the best dead far and away is lamprey. My two biggest chew lumps came to a smaller than average sardine, other waters they don't give a toss what you throw at them!
If you can spot the small patterns though it can give you and edge.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:02 pm

I use a vac packer from lidl to pack my deads, if you do it right it keeps them in tip top condition for a long time

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 pm

Very true Wink Ive certain waters for certain baits too, there does seem to be a preference on some waters. Not always matching the hatch either. I use the zip lock freezer bags and wet the baits a little first before freezing, not as good as your method mate, but it works ok Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm

psion wrote:I am glad someone was catching fish. Funny how something they focus on one particular bait but good fishing that. I don't fish with Roach very
shop bought roach has been doing it for me at the moment , and skimmer bream are excellent on the drifter rod for some reason, had my 2 biggest pike on trout popped up at distance....so I have soft spot for a trout deadbait....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 25 Empty anything but perch

Post  stubbo on Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 pm

Been out today back on the venue where  I am targeting  big perch
same peg  tight to structure , a big overhanging tree over deep water in the margin .
3 big lobworms fished on a free running ledger set up ,
result  1 pike  , and it clearly swallowed the worm bait , caught a few very small pike on float gear aimed at course fish in the past on the drop, but never on a ledger set up the bait had been in the water about an hour before the run ,
now me thinks was that a big pike/carp that I had on worm the other day and gave me a good run around before it came off Rolling Eyes Anybody Catching - Page 25 Halowe10this had me twitching when I was playing, as I thought this is a good perch .......... affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 pm

I was out today for a sneaky practice before a match on Sunday. Had a small jack on the tail half of a bluey. The venue seems to be devoid of anything decent so I think I will stick with smaller baits for the next month or so.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum