Anybody Catching

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 26 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 pm

matt859 wrote:I was out today for a sneaky practice before a match on Sunday.  Had a small jack on the tail half of a bluey.  The venue seems to be devoid of anything decent so I think I will stick with smaller baits for the next month or so.
sounds crazy try a bunch of worms, maybe they think they are eels who knows...... Surprised
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm

A very small Jack saved me from a blank yesterday. I am not doing to well at the moment.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm

I'm on a run of two blanks at the moment but I was fortunate enough to break my PB with this incredible fish a few weeks back. I have tried my hardest to hide the background for obvious reasons and have thought long and hard about posting pictures of it for fear of people recognising the water but after crudely colouring in the background, I am 100% confident that no one will recognise the venue. Anyway at 32Lbs 3oz I achieved a lifetimes ambition of a 30Lbs+ Pike and to add to this special moment, my son was with me to weigh and witness this big fish.

Anybody Catching - Page 26 8d962711
Anybody Catching - Page 26 68939e12
Anybody Catching - Page 26 Ae7ea712
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:29 pm

That's a beautiful Pike David was Congratulations on your PB pike mate its going to take some beating that Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:44 am

That's a beautiful fish truly a fish of a life time. Congratulations.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 am

Very well done and your right to keep it secret Wink it could be 40 in a couple of seasons Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigi113 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Congratulations on your PB Thumb up
Tigi113
Tigi113

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 26 Empty a monster of a fish

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm

well done dave
I have been waiting for you to put this fish on mate , good idea colouring in the back ground
well in dave , mums the word pal affraid affraid affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Well done ,cracking looking fish, A 30 is a special fish and catching your first is an amazing feeling.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:33 am

They were feeding hard yesterday, ended up with 8 doubles and 2 jacks.wonder if the drop in temps has got them going.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:04 pm

great days sport, very well done Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Good fishing that. Changes in temperature as been a big debate over the years I don't think a small change in temperature would make a difference but maybe a change in atmospheric pressure was the reason?

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:53 pm

A friend of mine swears by moon phases and wrote an article in pikelines not long ago .The full moon and new moons being the hot periods with 2 days each side being good.Yesterday fell in that bracket interestingly. I think it was a combination of a few different factors though.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:40 pm

psion wrote:Good fishing that. Changes in temperature as been a big debate over the years I don't think a small change in temperature would make a difference but maybe a change in atmospheric pressure was the reason?
for me its definately a temperature response that triggers these feeding spells , but not a believer in the moon phase thing , but if it gives you confidence on your chances , go for it
my freind used to swear by it , but to be honest i caught more fish on the days i went on my own when it was not favourable conditions
my own idea is you cant catch sat at home waiting for the moon to cast its spell just get out and fish and if you catch its a bonus..... not saying its right or wrong its just an oppinion......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm

My friend has kept very detailed records for years and wasn't a believer in moon phases having an effect. He decided to go through the details of around 3000 captures and runs and see if there was any significance related to air pressure changes, weather conditions, water temp changes and moon phases etc. He was surprised to see such relevance to moon phases being a factor, way more than any other factor.
Personally I was always a bit sceptical but after reading his article and talking to him about it I think there is something in it for sure . However as I also said to him the info is not much use to someone like me that has to work for a living and can only fish weekends!

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 26 Empty leaf fall a problem today

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Anybody Catching - Page 26 Chunky10Anybody Catching - Page 26 Chunky11
been out today to a venue , where I do well on the drifter float , but on arrival the venue was full of floating leaf debris .
Did give it a go but the line was collecting debris and slowing the drifter down to a stand still , but managed 4 fish this was the best
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 am

Steve, you're ticking along nicely this season. Mine has stalled a bit with waters I normally fish all either flooded or switched off, doesn't stop me from trying though. I think we need a settled spell of weather to switch them on again.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:44 am

David Wynne wrote:Steve, you're ticking along nicely this season. Mine has stalled a bit with waters I normally fish all either flooded or switched off, doesn't stop me from trying though. I think we need a settled spell of weather to switch them on again.
i would swap all my fish for your one big girl , yes not had a blank for a while now...... but putting a few hours in too Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 am

Hoping to going to go out tomorrow if I blanked I could blame on the moon not being in the right phase. LOL

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:32 am

psion wrote:Hoping to going to go out tomorrow if I blanked I could blame on the moon not being in the right phase. LOL
You are alright, full moon was yesterday so tomorrow is still in the good period!
I'm out on a rock hard trout water tomorrow. Weather not looking pleasant.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 pm

They are superbly marked fish stubbo, very nice.
I had my 3rd session and had a few dropped runs, they were certainly finicky. Managed to land 4 with 2 doubles best being 15lb 1oz. Its the least i have fished for years but i am starting to feel a little healthier so its getting like PIKE time Very Happy Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm

lowdouble wrote:They are superbly marked fish stubbo,  very nice.
I had my 3rd session and had a few dropped runs,  they were certainly finicky.  Managed to land 4 with 2 doubles best being 15lb 1oz.   Its the least i have fished for years but i am starting to feel a little healthier so its getting like PIKE time Very Happy Very Happy
cant go wrong at the moment catching fish on every visit but not huge fish , but not bothered Andy, about the size as long as my rods bent ...but could do with a twenty on the water wolf....
been fishing this venue on and off for 3 seasons now and I am beginning to think there don't go over twenty at this moment in time.. but I keep hearing whispers of bigger fish... do I keep on fishing or have a change of venue for a bigger girl.... you know how people exaggerate when pike are involved........ . What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 am

It was a bad day we had to pack up early because it got to windy to fish so another blank. Hoping to go to up Scotland next week.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 am

Some waters do have a ceiling on fish sizes Stubbo, but just one double that switches to eating jacks could grow into a PIG lol, you just never know Wink

Landed 5 and lost one yesterday, 4lb 5lb 7lb 9lb 12lb. not bad but I expected a bit more as the weather was perfect. Next time lol
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:15 pm

lowdouble wrote:Some waters do have a ceiling on fish sizes Stubbo,  but just one double that switches to eating jacks could grow into a PIG lol,  you just never know Wink

Landed 5 and lost one yesterday,  4lb  5lb  7lb  9lb  12lb.   not bad but I expected a bit more as the weather was perfect.   Next time lol
still good fishing Andy , you could be right Andy as there are a lot of jacks to be caught when I target the perch on small rubber lures
say under the 1lb mark
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum