Anybody Catching

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 27 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  psion on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 am

That's not bad fishing Lowdouble. We fish a small water and we thought there was nothing big in it but then my mate had a 20 so you never know.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Isnt that exactly why we love Pike fishing so much Psion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The unexpected beast we dream of can be hiding behind that next rush bed.

Troll that big pike line thru Stubbo, that will sort the big girls out Shocked
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 27 Empty very cold day today

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm

been out today , but had a very late start so was not expecting much to be honest , was going to fish the drifter but the wind just died on me
so ended up fishing deads suspended under a big float that would carry the waterwolf camera , so I ended up with 2 fish not big ...but who cares
got some good film footage of the takes tooAnybody Catching - Page 27 Car_sw10Anybody Catching - Page 27 Car_sw11
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Anybody Catching - Page 27 20191110
I got back into some fish on my trip to Scotland. I had 4 Jack's a 16 and this one at just 17lb.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Anybody Catching - Page 27 20191111
I also got a picture of the moon. LOL

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm

psion wrote:Anybody Catching - Page 27 20191110
I got back into some fish on my trip to Scotland. I had 4 Jack's a 16 and this one at just 17lb.
well in good fish and nice venue by the looks of the picture
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:01 pm

well done to all the guys who are getting out and catching .
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Don't hold your breath But I'm out at last tomorrow lol! lol! lol!  Going to a place near Doncaster where you can drive round to some pegs so I wont need to carry my tackle far Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I know there's some nice pike in there as well But only time will tell if they will come out to play smile

I hope I can add one or two pike photos to the one's you lads have already had was  Well done everyone thats catching Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am

Glad to hear that and look forward to see some pictures.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm

adie1200 wrote:Don't hold your breath But I'm out at last tomorrow lol! lol! lol!  Going to a place near Doncaster where you can drive round to some pegs so I wont need to carry my tackle far Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I know there's some nice pike in there as well But only time will tell if they will come out to play smile

I hope I can add one or two pike photos to the one's you lads have already had was  Well done everyone thats catching Thumb up
good luck adie , lets have a biggun muck What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 27 Empty not a sniff to the deads

Post  stubbo on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 pm

been out today , not a sniff to the deadbait rods ...then noticed some surface activity under a big tree .. result only small jack but no blank Very Happy Anybody Catching - Page 27 Free_l10
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 pm

Well nothing much to write about apart from it being a lovely day in good company Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh and I did catch 3 pike well when I say pike I do mean jacks lol one about 3lb the one about 4lb ( getting bigger Very Happy ) and last one about 6lb so nothing big But its my first trip out since February so its a good start and definitely
better than a blank Thumb up
No photos I'm afraid Shocked my mate did take one but I don't like it as it show how ill I look pale pale pale
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:21 am

adie1200 wrote:Well nothing much to write about apart from it being a lovely day in good company Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh and I did catch 3 pike well when I say pike I do mean jacks lol one about 3lb the one about 4lb ( getting bigger Very Happy  ) and last one about 6lb so nothing big But its my first trip out since February so its a good start and definitely
better than a blank Thumb up
No photos I'm afraid Shocked my mate did take one but I don't like it as it show how ill I look pale pale pale
well in adie a pike is a pike in my book of any size ,your up and off the mark
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Lovely fish Psion, a brace of upper doubles is a great day.

Well done too Adie, a lovely result fro your first session.

I am creeping up the scale slowly this season. Today saw a 12oz, then 1lb, followed by a 12lb and my seasons best at 16lb 4oz. Great to be out again Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Good angling all those catching, I'd take a Jack at the moment as my run of blanks continue with amazing consistency.

Stubbo, I was down on the North Wales lake earlier this week which we both know well, 3 rods sat absolutely motionless all day on the boulder peg. I suffered a similar fate a few weeks earlier on there too, albeit up by the bungalow and have had only 1 Jack on there this season and that came from the free stretch on the opposite bank. A local gave me some worrying news when he said a large dog Otter was killed earlier this year on the road nearby.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Well done Adia anything is better than a blank. Lowdouble you are getting closer to that 20.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:32 pm

David Wynne wrote:Good angling all those catching, I'd take a Jack at the moment as my run of blanks continue with amazing consistency.

Stubbo, I was down on the North Wales lake earlier this week which we both know well, 3 rods sat absolutely motionless all day on the boulder peg. I suffered a similar fate a few weeks earlier on there too, albeit up by the bungalow and have had only 1 Jack on there this season and that came from the free stretch on the opposite bank. A local gave me some worrying news when he said a large dog Otter was killed earlier this year on the road nearby.
that will make matters worse Dave , on my last visit I had a few fish but nothing over 7lb 8lb
I will give it a visit when I go down to winterise the caravan  ,,,cheers dave for the info...... bet your still buzzin from the big girl... affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikeypete on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:46 pm

EU up lads not been on for a while hope everyone’s out enjoying the fishing, had a bizarre day yesterday between me and a pal had run after run ended up with 8 pike between us between 9 and 14lb pic of the best of the dayAnybody Catching - Page 27 466c6210
Pikeypete
Pikeypete

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:37 am

Been out to 3 venues in the last couple of weeks resulting in a 20.08 and a double, 8 jacks, and a double and a jack. Still managing to avoid a blank so far this season despite conditions not being great at times.(no doubt I'll regret saying that!)

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:21 pm

mattjb wrote:Been out to 3 venues in the last couple of weeks resulting in a 20.08 and a double, 8 jacks, and a double and a jack. Still managing to avoid a blank so far this season despite conditions not being great at times.(no doubt I'll regret saying that!)
can we have a look at the 20lb fish , we love photos on here , don't be shy know.... Very Happy
l
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble on Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Great fishing Matt, well done☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm

stubbo wrote:
mattjb wrote:Been out to 3 venues in the last couple of weeks resulting in a 20.08 and a double, 8 jacks, and a double and a jack. Still managing to avoid a blank so far this season despite conditions not being great at times.(no doubt I'll regret saying that!)
can we have a look at the 20lb fish , we love photos on here , don't be shy know.... Very Happy
l
To be honest half decent pike fishing is so hard to come by in my part of the world that even with the background blanked out I wouldn't risk putting a pic on the net of anywhere I was currently fishing. Fish can be easily recognised which lets people know where you are fishing plus there are other little clues even with the background blanked that can give the game away. Chew is different though as its no secret to anyone and Ive posted pics in the past of Chew fish on the net before.
Shame it's got to be that way these days but there you go.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:19 pm

mattjb wrote:
stubbo wrote:
l
To be honest half decent pike fishing is so hard to come by in my part of the world that even with the background blanked out I wouldn't risk putting a pic on the net of anywhere I was currently fishing. Fish can be easily recognised which lets people know where you are fishing plus there are other little clues even with the background blanked that can give the game away. Chew is different though as its no secret to anyone and Ive posted pics in the past of Chew fish on the net before.
Shame it's got to be that way these days but there you go.
shame that you can not enjoy putting a fish on you have worked hard to catch ....but that's your choice.... to be honest you cant keep a venue secret even if you try these days
in the past I have had guys hiding in the undergrowth watching me catch pike from a very quiet syndicate water....even the carp/pikers lads are watching with binos half a mile away on the opposite bank ......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:11 pm

Unfortunately people posting on Facebook,YouTube and the net are ruining pike fishing in some areas by giving too much away.The way I see it you have to protect your fishing however you can.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:51 pm

mattjb wrote:Unfortunately people posting on Facebook,YouTube and the net are ruining pike fishing in some areas by giving too much away.The way I see it you have to protect your fishing however you can.
don't know what's the situation in your area, but most of the venues I go to are void of pike fisherman , I see the odd carpiker, don't think I have seen another piker for a while apart from when I go boat fishing on a large trout venue, I visited a large well known venue with a huge dam at one end ,thinking I would pick a few brains on a walk about but I never saw another person and I walked about 4 miles around one side and this was a Saturday..... in my neck of the woods seeing another piker is rare and has been for a few seasons now ......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum