predators at home

Go down

predators at home Empty predators at home

Post  bigchris on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 am

its none fishing,but fish related lol.these are my babies.had them not quiet a year yet,so plenty of growing left to go.awesome fish.tottaly misunderstood Cool predators at home 00111

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Lefty on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 pm

What do you feed them on, small kids? Shocked

"Excuse me mister, can we have our ball back please?"

"No, but I'll show you some fishes if you want" Razz
Lefty
Lefty

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 49
Location : Cadeby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Very cool. Is it true the vast majority of piranha species are vegetarian?? I heard only a few varieties eat fish, meat etc.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2008-08-13
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty feeding time

Post  bigchris on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 pm

feed them on prawns mussles,dead mice and fish.there are many varietys mostly veggies Cool but then theres youre bad boys like black,golden and red bellied.the red bellied i have arnt as aggresive as they made out to be had my hand in tank many a time with them.they quiet a nervous fish,they a pack fish with the biggest being boss,when i feed them one has a nosey round first then they all dive in(great fun to watch)now the black and golden they nasty gits they have to be kept on there own,they grow massive and are very agggresive,it not very often you see them for sale but when they are they quiet dear.another six month and hopefully mine should start breeding(think im gonna need a bigger tank Razz )

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  essox_lucius on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:54 am

nice natteri as a dealer in preds there a nice group hope you can keep the numbers up o have found feeding in 2 or 3 places at same time stops fin nipping or worse have you ever considered gibbus calamoni or niger
essox_lucius
essox_lucius

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-10-24
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty predators at home

Post  bigchris on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:43 pm

niger aka black.id love one of those bad boys if (a) i had space for another tank(b)if the missus would let me.did have six reds but one got eaten by the others,my own fault realy tryed introducing it at a later date so shoal alreay developed and they didnt like it.hoping to breed them got 3 females 2 males.still abit of time to go for that though.so you deal in exotic fish then?il keep you in mind if i ever wanting a black then.also like snake heads.

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  wayne the pain on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 am

bigchris wrote:niger aka black.id love one of those bad boys if (a) i had space for another tank(b)if the missus would let me.did have six reds but one got eaten by the others,my own fault realy tryed introducing it at a later date so shoal alreay developed and they didnt like it.hoping to breed them got 3 females 2 males.still abit of time to go for that though.so you deal in exotic fish then?il keep you in mind if i ever wanting a black then.also like snake heads.

Yeh fellow fishkeepers, this site gets better n better. Black piranha are called Serrasalmus rhombeus and are a pretty impressive fish. But i find most sp quite shy on the whole.Snakeheads are a great fish, but make the most of them now, they will soon be gone from the uk. Crying or Very sad
wayne the pain
wayne the pain

Posts : 27
Join date : 2008-10-29
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty predators at home

Post  bigchris on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:47 am

so wayne you a fishkeeper youre self then Cool i just find them interesting to watch.like you say they tend to be very shy,which isnt the image most people have of them.always been into my weird and wonderful pets.in my time iv had a vast selection of snakes,spiders and scorpions,lizards etc.but you have to draw the line somewhere as the time and care needed for so many differant things was getting a bit much.so went back to the fish.plus i got a young un who bless him was interested,but a bit to interested if you know what i mean,especially with the spiders,sum of which are due togo on the dwa list soon.so we got rid pirat

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  wayne the pain on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:07 pm

bigchris wrote:so wayne you a fishkeeper youre self then Cool i just find them interesting to watch.like you say they tend to be very shy,which isnt the image most people have of them.always been into my weird and wonderful pets.in my time iv had a vast selection of snakes,spiders and scorpions,lizards etc.but you have to draw the line somewhere as the time and care needed for so many differant things was getting a bit much.so went back to the fish.plus i got a young un who bless him was interested,but a bit to interested if you know what i mean,especially with the spiders,sum of which are due togo on the dwa list soon.so we got rid pirat

Hey big chris your a man after my own heart, everything you mentioned i have, except snakes but got my eye on a couple, had them in the past though. Just lost my job though, so thinking a few may have to go yet. Crying or Very sad Know what you mean about kids showing a bit too much interest, mine does to. Smile
wayne the pain
wayne the pain

Posts : 27
Join date : 2008-10-29
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty predators at home

Post  bigchris on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 pm

me fav snakes were the jungle carpet,water python and i lovd me bull snake(the viciuos git)lol always wanted a reticulated but missus would never let me.as for spiders had most of the tarantula species fav being stout legged baboon.but mostly collected ornamentals(true spiders)so what snakes you got youre eye on pirat

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  wayne the pain on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:13 pm

bigchris wrote:me fav snakes were the jungle carpet,water python and i lovd me bull snake(the viciuos git)lol always wanted a reticulated but missus would never let me.as for spiders had most of the tarantula species fav being stout legged baboon.but mostly collected ornamentals(true spiders)so what snakes you got youre eye on pirat

Like the big snakes eh? Retics are beautiful snakes as are carpets. used to have a big bull too, bit hissy but fine soon as you had hold of her.only after a few small uns now, like hoggies ahd African house snakes, small, easy to breed, and sell. Like the stout legs, but like having a pet hole. The ornamentals are beautiful spiders, but very fast, and a bit of a bite on them, ha. I have a few. Got a couple of thousand cockroaches too
affraid
wayne the pain
wayne the pain

Posts : 27
Join date : 2008-10-29
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty predators at home

Post  bigchris on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:58 pm

cockroahes no ta lol.couldnt be doing with them Cool hognose they pretty cool,ball pythons theyre good sellers,nice and tame.as for spiders they an aquired taste so bit harder to sell.ornamentals are my favourite despite there readyness to bite everychance they get but the colourations on some of them is fantastic.

bigchris

Posts : 199
Join date : 2008-09-19
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  nickcarpy on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

allaways been into hawks me.me mate owns butterfly house at north anston you been there?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Posts : 1733
Join date : 2008-11-03
Age : 47
Location : hatfield doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Slidze on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Talkin' aboot predators at home n' fish n' that......

........will a goldfish go for a maggot.....or a worm.......if you fire one into the bowl??


Always wondered this while eating my breakfast and staring at the wee fella (called fsssh by the way).

scratch
Slidze
Slidze

Posts : 186
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 46
Location : South West Scotland

View user profile http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Lefty on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Is 'fsssh' the sound it makes as it hits the hot oil in the frying pan? Twisted Evil

Only joking mate.

I've never really thought about it 'til now, but, why are goldfish fed on that paper like stuff you buy for them?

A fish is a natural predator out in the wild. It will always eat bugs, worms, grubs, insects etc. so in theory it's natural instinct should kick in and it go for the worm/maggot.

Well, that's what I think anyway Razz
Lefty
Lefty

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 49
Location : Cadeby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  wayne the pain on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Yeh it will for sure, maggots are a very fatty food if fed exclusively, but worms are a great food, always give my fish them. Smile
wayne the pain
wayne the pain

Posts : 27
Join date : 2008-10-29
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Slidze on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 pm

Cheers Lefty n' Nick!

I'll fire a big fookin' lobworm in there tomorrow and see what fssssh does Shocked
Slidze
Slidze

Posts : 186
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 46
Location : South West Scotland

View user profile http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty goldfish eating maggots

Post  nickcarpy on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:59 am

theres a place at ranskill called lakeside.fish srip ponds an you get loads in winter bitin.[lakeside was in angling times with story about 10lb eel found dead stuck in pipe] Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Posts : 1733
Join date : 2008-11-03
Age : 47
Location : hatfield doncaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Alex Makk on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 pm

hehe Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

this is a predator

predators at home 4322_101099768593_510138593_2579225_6652088_n

it used to be my sister's and her boyfriend's(the one holding snake
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2009-11-15
Age : 27
Location : UK

View user profile http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty blacks

Post  essox_lucius on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 pm

wayne the pain wrote:
bigchris wrote:niger aka black.id love one of those bad boys if (a) i had space for another tank(b)if the missus would let me.did have six reds but one got eaten by the others,my own fault realy tryed introducing it at a later date so shoal alreay developed and they didnt like it.hoping to breed them got 3 females 2 males.still abit of time to go for that though.so you deal in exotic fish then?il keep you in mind if i ever wanting a black then.also like snake heads.

Yeh fellow fishkeepers, this site gets better n better. Black piranha are called Serrasalmus rhombeus and are a pretty impressive fish. But i find most sp quite shy on the whole.Snakeheads are a great fish, but make the most of them now, they will soon be gone from the uk. Crying or Very sad
sorry but rhombeus are not blacks serrasalmus niger are and ive only ever seen 3 there a totaly differant shape to rhombeus there like a beefed up red but with 10 times the temper. as a foot note try hoplias malabarricus what a nasty piece of work or which i can provide freshwater barracuda
essox_lucius
essox_lucius

Posts : 19
Join date : 2008-10-24
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

predators at home Empty Re: predators at home

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum