I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Go down

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Post  Fish-N-Fool on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:35 am

Here are some of the 80 some pike I got this year. I also got a new total weight PB at 26.4 lbs and 43" long.
I got a 44 1/2 " fish out of Canada 2 years ago but it was a skinnier fish and only 24 lbs. Here are 4 of my bigger fish.

Check out my video on my PB also
Fish-N-Fool

View user profile http://www.fnflures.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Post  lowdouble on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 am

Beautiful marked fish Wink Well done.
lowdouble

View user profile http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 am

some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:42 am

stubbo wrote:some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best

This was actually in early May but I fish lures 12 months out of the year for pike.
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:
stubbo wrote:some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best

This was actually in early May but I fish lures 12 months out of the year for pike.
does anyone fish , ledgered deadbaits over there or is it mostly lure fishing the preferred method , I have my own boat and that's where I do most of my lure fishing early in the season ,
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm

does anyone fish , ledgered deadbaits over there or is it mostly lure fishing the preferred method , I have my own boat and that's where I do most of my lure fishing early in the season ,

Although it is legal to fish dead baits here, it is looked down upon as a un-skilled and un-sportsman way to catch pike by most serious Pike fishermen.  Some guys do use dead baits. The ones I call meat fishermen, they keep and kill every fish they catch.  I don't fish dead bait because too easy to injure a fish that way and I can out fish the guys using dead baits 90% of the time with lures. I believe our Pike are a treasure to be cherished, but many of the fisherman here think of them as trash fish to use for fertilizer in their garden unfortunately. A lot of the Bass fishermen don't like them because they bite their lures off.
I go out of my way to release every Pike that comes in my boat unharmed and that goes for anyone fishing in my boat as well.
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:03 am

Good work Fish nFool great looking fish, we will have to organise a fish in are you up for it👍😊

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Steve French wrote:Good work Fish nFool great looking fish, we will have to organise a fish in are you up for it👍😊

He would have to be keen to come to one of our fish-ins Steve lol he live in the USA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:

Although it is legal to fish dead baits here, it is looked down upon as a un-skilled and un-sportsman way to catch pike by most serious Pike fishermen.  Some guys do use dead baits. The ones I call meat fishermen, they keep and kill every fish they catch.  I don't fish dead bait because too easy to injure a fish that way and I can out fish the guys using dead baits 90% of the time with lures. I believe our Pike are a treasure to be cherished, but many of the fisherman here think of them as trash fish to use for fertilizer in their garden unfortunately. A lot of the Bass fishermen don't like them because they bite their lures off.
I go out of my way to release every Pike that comes in my boat unharmed and that goes for anyone fishing in my boat as well.
hi rick
we too value our pike , everyone on this forum puts the pikes welfare first and foremost , but I would say most of the lads on here fish with deadbait and lures , to be honest rick I have caught all my biggest fish on dead baiting tactics , either from the bank and boat
, and lures seem to catch the smaller fish , in my case anyway... think my biggest on a lure was about 18lb , but its a case of you can only catch what is in front of you on the day, but I do enjoy lure fishing and keeping mobile , that method will keep you catching fish, and we have our own meat fishermen over here as well , who poach our treasured pike , but most of these are not British and don't respect our rules.
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down