PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

+2
lowdouble
Fish-N-Fool
6 posters

Go down

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Empty I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Post  Fish-N-Fool Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:35 am

Here are some of the 80 some pike I got this year. I also got a new total weight PB at 26.4 lbs and 43" long.
I got a 44 1/2 " fish out of Canada 2 years ago but it was a skinnier fish and only 24 lbs. Here are 4 of my bigger fish.

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Me_pik10
I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB 100_2110I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Me_pik11
I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Me_pik13

Check out my video on my PB also
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

http://www.fnflures.com

Back to top Go down

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Empty Re: I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Post  lowdouble Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 am

Beautiful marked fish Wink Well done.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB Empty Re: I had a good year Pikin and got a new PB

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 am

some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:42 am

stubbo wrote:some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best

This was actually in early May but I fish lures 12 months out of the year for pike.
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:
stubbo wrote:some good solid looking fish there rick , what time of the year do you favour for your lure fishing ,going by your pics... summer time looks best

This was actually in early May but I fish lures 12 months out of the year for pike.
does anyone fish , ledgered deadbaits over there or is it mostly lure fishing the preferred method , I have my own boat and that's where I do most of my lure fishing early in the season ,
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm

does anyone fish , ledgered deadbaits over there or is it mostly lure fishing the preferred method , I have my own boat and that's where I do most of my lure fishing early in the season ,

Although it is legal to fish dead baits here, it is looked down upon as a un-skilled and un-sportsman way to catch pike by most serious Pike fishermen.  Some guys do use dead baits. The ones I call meat fishermen, they keep and kill every fish they catch.  I don't fish dead bait because too easy to injure a fish that way and I can out fish the guys using dead baits 90% of the time with lures. I believe our Pike are a treasure to be cherished, but many of the fisherman here think of them as trash fish to use for fertilizer in their garden unfortunately. A lot of the Bass fishermen don't like them because they bite their lures off.
I go out of my way to release every Pike that comes in my boat unharmed and that goes for anyone fishing in my boat as well.
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:03 am

Good work Fish nFool great looking fish, we will have to organise a fish in are you up for it👍😊

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Steve French wrote:Good work Fish nFool great looking fish, we will have to organise a fish in are you up for it👍😊

He would have to be keen to come to one of our fish-ins Steve lol he live in the USA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:

Although it is legal to fish dead baits here, it is looked down upon as a un-skilled and un-sportsman way to catch pike by most serious Pike fishermen.  Some guys do use dead baits. The ones I call meat fishermen, they keep and kill every fish they catch.  I don't fish dead bait because too easy to injure a fish that way and I can out fish the guys using dead baits 90% of the time with lures. I believe our Pike are a treasure to be cherished, but many of the fisherman here think of them as trash fish to use for fertilizer in their garden unfortunately. A lot of the Bass fishermen don't like them because they bite their lures off.
I go out of my way to release every Pike that comes in my boat unharmed and that goes for anyone fishing in my boat as well.
hi rick
we too value our pike , everyone on this forum puts the pikes welfare first and foremost , but I would say most of the lads on here fish with deadbait and lures , to be honest rick I have caught all my biggest fish on dead baiting tactics , either from the bank and boat
, and lures seem to catch the smaller fish , in my case anyway... think my biggest on a lure was about 18lb , but its a case of you can only catch what is in front of you on the day, but I do enjoy lure fishing and keeping mobile , that method will keep you catching fish, and we have our own meat fishermen over here as well , who poach our treasured pike , but most of these are not British and don't respect our rules.
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 pm

stubbo wrote:
hi rick
we too value our pike , everyone on this forum puts the pikes welfare first and foremost , but I would say most of the lads on here fish with deadbait and lures , to be honest rick I have caught all my biggest fish on dead baiting tactics , either from the bank and boat
, and lures seem to catch the smaller fish , in my case anyway... think my biggest on a lure was about 18lb  , but its a case of you can only catch what is in front of you on the day, but I do enjoy lure fishing and keeping mobile , that method will keep you catching fish, and we have our own meat fishermen over here as well , who poach our treasured pike  , but most of these are not British and don't respect our rules.

I know that dead baiting works and does catch some huge fish. I just won't do it as the risk of hooking the fish deep and killing it is higher than with lures. I think it makes a big difference in how to fish a deadbait and how soon you set the hook. Most deadbaiters in the USA wait till the fish swallows the bait before they set the hook as they plan to kill it anyway. So the lure fishermen get a little testy with them as they hate to see trophy fish killed.
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:15 pm

adie1200 wrote:
Steve French wrote:Good work Fish nFool great looking fish, we will have to organise a fish in are you up for it👍😊

He would have to be keen to come to one of our fish-ins Steve lol he live in the USA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You guys could always come to the States for a "Fish In" Smile
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:
adie1200 wrote:

You guys could always come to the States for a "Fish In" Smile

lol! lol! lol! A little bit out of my area I think mate but thanks for the offer Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

As for dead baiting and deep hooking we try our utmost to make sure we don't get any deep hook-ups and the best way is to strike as soon as there's any sign of a take Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Might miss a few but much better than a pike dying due to a deep hook-up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 am

I have fished In Canada a few times for Salmon and Sturgeon. I would like to have a go for pike but none of my mates can afford to go.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 pm

psion wrote:I have fished In Canada a few times for Salmon and Sturgeon. I would like to have a go for pike but  none of my mates can afford to go.
you could pay for them lol! lol! lol! that's what friend's are for
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 pm

If only I had that kind of money I need to win the lottery.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:00 am

psion wrote:I have fished In Canada a few times for Salmon and Sturgeon. I would like to have a go for pike but  none of my mates can afford to go.
Well if you could make it here, I have a place you could stay and all the gear needed. All you would need is a little cash for food, gas and a non res. license.
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down