PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deadbait rod bargins ?

4 posters

Go down

deadbait rod bargins ? Empty deadbait rod bargins ?

Post  matt859 Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi Guys I'm after a pair of rods specifically for deadbaiting. I'm currently using 3lb TC Carp rods and I must have had half a dozen baits fling off the hooks today. I resorted to my tried and tested pva bag set up in the end as I was rapidly running out of sardines.

I would like something in the 2.75 TC range as I dont really need to be casting big baits over the horizon, but has a soft enough tip and plenty of middle section to set the hooks.

Budget is around £70 each.

I dont want stupid advice like buy a cheap rod and strip it down and rebuild it and it has to be a pair cos I'm fussy.

any ideas?
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

deadbait rod bargins ? Empty Re: deadbait rod bargins ?

Post  lowdouble Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:27 am

I just bought the agitator 3lbtc bait rods at €54 euro. each. I thought they would be like pokers at that price but was really surprised. Lovely through soft action and cast baits very gently and far enough too, Worth a look Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm

i deffo agree on 2.75 test, i just use greys prodigy 2.75 carp rods but the pike don't seem to mind. Evil or Very Mad
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

deadbait rod bargins ? Empty cheap but really versitile rods

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:05 pm

T.F.G 10ft 2 and a half pound test curve through action , these rods I have used in most applications , boat , canal , res . gravel pit
these rods wont cast to the horizon but in most cases you don't need too , lovely rods to use and not just for pike ,,worth a look matt
and only 38 quid each , I own 2 of these rods and use them all the time with no problems , think they have brought out a 3lb test version too
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Just an update. I got a pair of Diawa black widdow 11ft 2.75 tc rods. Ive used them twice now and I am really impressed. I can now cast a small to mid size sardine without it flying off. I havent caught owt on them yet but I will. Cheers for all the replies.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down