New member—Hello from Manchester!

Go down

New member—Hello from Manchester!

Post  SALTYFLY on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi everybody, just joined the forum. Been brought up pike fishing with my dad since I was a kid mostly spinning and dead baiting. Started fly fishing a couple of years ago for trout and have just invested in a pike fly rod/reel. Not used it yet, looking to get out next weekend and have some good sport. Please be patient if some questions seem to have obvious answers whilst I try and learn this new aspect of the sport. Thanks, Salty

SALTYFLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member—Hello from Manchester!

Post  adie1200 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Hi Salty and welcome to our forum mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
There's one or two that fly fish on here and hopefully they will be able to help you with some advise Very Happy

Meanwhile enjoy the forum there's lots of info hidden away in the past posts Wink
Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  psion on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi Salty welcome to the forum. Have tried fly fishing for pike from a boat and on the canal had a few follows but not hooked one yet.

psion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SALTYFLY on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Hey thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I live in Manchester and struggle with decent waters. Not after any huge Crocs, just be happy to find somewhere with a few jacks for some good sport. I don’t expect people to post locations for obvious reasons but any help would be much appreciated.

SALTYFLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pike on the fly

Post  stubbo on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:42 pm

one of my passions pike on the fly, there are plenty of day ticket waters about and rivers too , have you had any yet on the fly
welcome to the site salty
my best up to now is 16lb on the fly........loads of doubles too
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SALTYFLY on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Had one last week off the canal about 1lb.....tiny but still a fish!! 😋 going out tomorrow morning on the river so fingers crossed will get something more substantial. Where abouts you based stubbo?

SALTYFLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:14 pm

SALTYFLY wrote:Had one last week off the canal about 1lb.....tiny but still a fish!! 😋 going out tomorrow morning on the river so fingers crossed will get something more substantial. Where abouts you based stubbo?
salt fly..... I live in Warrington pal but I do put the miles in when it comes to pike venues , I just love fishing new waters.... think its the challenge.
stubbo
stubbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SALTYFLY on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Yeah I suppose you’re right, went up to Appley Bridge today but didn’t get a touch. Walked from Appley Bridge up to the M6 bridge and then had a few casts on the Dougie. Saw a couple of lads dead baiting but they hadn’t caught either. Could do with finding a still water with a decent head ofnoike in, id be happy with Jacks just to get some experience of catching them on fly

SALTYFLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum