Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing

Go down

Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing Empty Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing

Post  Fish-N-Fool on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 pm

I have never put much stock in using the Solar lunar charts to determine when I should go fish. I must admit I really dont understand it all that well. Here lately I have read a lot on it and started checking the best times to fish, but not using at as a guide as to when i fish just to see if my catch rate was any better during the so called peak hours. So far I haven't seen any sign that it works but I plan to keep track for about 6 months to see if there really is anything to it. What do you guys think, Does it work or not?
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

http://www.fnflures.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing Empty Re: Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing

Post  stubbo on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 am

Fish-N-Fool wrote:I have never put much stock in using the Solar lunar charts to determine when I should go fish. I must admit I really dont understand it all that well. Here lately I have read a lot on it and started checking the best times to fish, but not using at as a guide as to when i fish just to see if my catch rate was any better during the so called peak hours. So far I haven't seen any sign that it works but I plan to keep track for about 6 months to see if there really is anything to it. What do you guys think, Does it work or not?  
think we have had this debate a few times on here with some people getting a bit excited , my opinion is...... just carry on fishing pal like you always have , think all this moon phases thing , was a carpiker trend ......... Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing Empty Re: Does anyone use Solunar charts to gauge when they go Pike fishing

Post  lowdouble on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:31 pm

there are so so many variables to this subject so I took the easy option of just seeing the rise and fall times. apparently this is when the bigger fish feed and are triggered. I kept records of these times for 18 months and saw absolutely nothing to substantiate the belief Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:36 pm

lowdouble wrote:there are so so many variables to this subject so I took the easy option of just seeing the rise and fall times.  apparently this is when the bigger fish feed and are triggered.  I kept records of these times for 18 months and saw absolutely nothing to substantiate the belief Wink
my mate years ago did the same , and I just went fishing as normal and caught more fish , but if you think it gives you that edge go for it ........ phoobar
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down