What are we all doing?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are we all doing? Empty What are we all doing?

Post  Steve French on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Since the end of the river season i have not done much fishing, cant seem to get away with Course fishing, the line, hooks and bait all seem very small and fidgety, Shocked and when i catch something nothing seems to interest me as much as Pike, Neutral so what are you all up to? The forums seem to go very quite, i am going to Scotland next week but fear i may be a couple of weeks too early as the Pike seem to be spawning, no fishing, no crack on the forums, roll on 16th June bounce What are you up to in this quite period Question

Steve French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What are we all doing? Empty Re: What are we all doing?

Post  nickcarpy on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:55 pm

i think every one is catching up on there odd jobs an getting into the misses good books while the weather is crap.roll on summer.still getting out abit but not as much as i want Sad
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:22 pm

0 to 60mph in about 3 seconds Twisted Evil Very Happy Just got the bike out of moth balls. Its not been out since October.
adamscott
adamscott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm

fireblade? lol! lol! lol!
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trent Piker on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Started on the closed season decorating, ugh! got the car serviced and MOTd, fixed the shed roof, I suppose the grass will want cutting soon... although I did manage a morning session yesterday and had a nice double! Smile Pic on blog
Trent Piker
Trent Piker

View user profile http://www.trentpiker.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 pm

i've been out the last two weekends. landed 3 salmon just spining from the boat Very Happy .
one of the lochs i fish has had around 4000 brown trout put in. i've found them with the fishfinder but no luck yet.

what bike have you got adam.....
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 pm

nickcarpy wrote:i think every one is catching up on there odd jobs an getting into the misses good books while the weather is crap.roll on summer.still getting out abit but not as much as i want Sad

lol nick same here.... and steve, if you want to come through my way for a days coarse fishing you're more than welcome to come with me, i know some excellent ponds up here with fish that should interest you lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
robh107
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:04 am

I'm going to carry on fishing for the Pike, its what I am tackled up to do... After all, its not illegal to fish for Pike between March & October, is it.. I quite agree with Andy Macfarlane's point on this, fish for the smaller species + Carp by all means but don't give up totally on the Pike.
I feel it is important for people to keep in touch on here, even if they are not fishing again until the Autumn, keep us posted on the general course fishing section etc....

Bazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:41 am

nickcarpy wrote:fireblade? lol! lol! lol!

Aprilia Tuono Nick Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
adamscott
adamscott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 am

affraid affraid affraid
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 am

It has gone quiet on here Cool
I've fished the odd puddle up here but nowt much to brag about...just hoping it starts to warm up a bit more soon.
Looking forward to a trip to scotland next weekend, although as Steve says we might be hitting the pike right in he middle of spawning. scratch
Apart from that i'm decorating and working hard etc and wishing i'd not sold my motorbike at the end of last summer Rolling Eyes (It was a Yamaha MT-01 for other bike nuts out there Laughing ) Well i had to pay for the wedding with something!
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Bazz wrote:I'm going to carry on fishing for the Pike, its what I am tackled up to do... After all, its not illegal to fish for Pike between March & October, is it.. I quite agree with Andy Macfarlane's point on this, fish for the smaller species + Carp by all means but don't give up totally on the Pike.
I feel it is important for people to keep in touch on here, even if they are not fishing again until the Autumn, keep us posted on the general course fishing section etc....

lol i'm gonna be putting in the odd session for the pike.... with a livebait rod out alongside my float/feeder when pike are present where i'm fishing plus the odd lure session here and there (once i've bought some new lures sssshhhhh dont tell the missus lol!).
i'll keep you all posted on how i do Smile
robh107
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm just starting my fishing up here.

with the lighter nights coming in, I get more chance to fish. The perch seem to have been quiet around my way......I've fished the same places where I usually catch for fun, but haven't caught one yet this year Mad

I moved house in January to a place that has a river running 100yards from my back door. In fact, the river comes belting round a corner and then dams up into a big pool. Locals call it "the fish trap" cos this is where some folk used to net salmon years ago. Only thing is, I've not got a permit for the river yet so it has been an unbelievable temptation for me since I moved here Mad
I grudge paying (insert tight Scotsman joke here) ridiculous permit fees for something literally on my doorstep!!

Here it is shot from my back door:

What are we all doing? F0449cdfriver
Slidze
Slidze

View user profile http://slidzenicely.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Slidze i would'nt bother with a permit, give it a try at night Smile
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Well I have been converting the website into a new look.

The wife has decided to keep chucks in the back garden! I have made some roosting boxes for the old shed and built a great big fence so they can't escape. I tell you what, they'll be better kept than me at this rate. They'd better give us some nice eggs. 8 baby chicks (2 weeks old) appeared on Friday and they are now livng in our kitchen. And another thing...four Quails turned up on Saturday. The wife "forgot" to mention those. Boy am I getting some fishing/beer credits for this.

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

View user profile http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:43 pm

greg wrote:Slidze i would'nt bother with a permit, give it a try at night Smile

Can't wait til mid summer with those looooooooooooong nights and buckets full of midge repellant Laughing Very Happy Wink
Slidze
Slidze

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi slidze.

That is one hell of a sweet place you've moved to. I'm not jealous at all Mad

Reminds me of a place me and the missus looked at in summer 2007. It was in a little village on the moors outside of Whitby. Absolutely gorgeous views from up on the hill where the house was situated with some woods nearby and a river running through the lower part of the village.

It was a scorching red hot day when we went and I asked what it was like in the winter. The bloke showing us around said we would need to get rid of the Vectra (that we had at the time) and invest in a 4x4. Then we just might be able to get around. Didn't mind that myself but the missus and kids said they wouldn't like to be snowed in.

Wimps Very Happy
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slidze on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Lefty wrote:Hi slidze.
That is one hell of a sweet place you've moved to. I'm not jealous at all Mad

Laughing
Cheers Lefty mate Wink
Slidze
Slidze

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Andy Webster wrote:Well I have been converting the website into a new look.

The wife has decided to keep chucks in the back garden! I have made some roosting boxes for the old shed and built a great big fence so they can't escape. I tell you what, they'll be better kept than me at this rate. They'd better give us some nice eggs. 8 baby chicks (2 weeks old) appeared on Friday and they are now livng in our kitchen. And another thing...four Quails turned up on Saturday. The wife "forgot" to mention those. Boy am I getting some fishing/beer credits for this.

Andy Webster

Quails eggs............supposed to be very tasty. Just wait until you have a few Sheep, a couple of Pigs, some Bantams strutting around..that is the usual progression. The free range chicken eggs taste far better than any from a supermarket, be assured. Great for Omlette's Very Happy
I have a sister living in a farm cottage in the Lincolnshire Wolds, she is a Radiographer & hubbie is a merchant navy engineer, if they could make a decent living at the smallholding they would both quit their respected current occupations. Basketball

Last edited by Bazz on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : their!)

Bazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumley Warner on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 pm

adamscott wrote:

Been thinking of buying a new bike Adam. Its a toss up between a Honda XR600 Supermoto or KTM 620 Duke II.
Like a bit of green laning/off road stupidity as well as riding on road although my last offroad bike was binned in spectacular fashion Twisted Evil
Chumley Warner
Chumley Warner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 am

Chumley Warner wrote:
adamscott wrote:

Been thinking of buying a new bike Adam. Its a toss up between a Honda XR600 Supermoto or KTM 620 Duke II.
Like a bit of green laning/off road stupidity as well as riding on road although my last offroad bike was binned in spectacular fashion Twisted Evil

Sorry to take this even further off topic but....

Go for the KTM mate - I've had loads of supermotos from husky's to yamahas and CCMs but the best of the lot was the KTM...by a long shot.
My next bike (when i can finally afford it will be the 990SM Twisted Evil )

I guess you'll be getting it from thorne superbikes chumley?
tootall
tootall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 am

tootall wrote:
Chumley Warner wrote:
adamscott wrote:

Go for the KTM mate - I've had loads of supermotos from husky's to yamahas and CCMs but the best of the lot was the KTM...by a long shot.

Nooooo go for the honda mate its a much better bike Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My mate had a KTM Duke and had nothing but trouble with it !!
Honda are one of the best bikes on the road Wink Wink Cool

In the end though its down to the individual buy what you feel is the best bike for you Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

View user profile http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumley Warner on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:22 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This has been my problem for a while now.
Do you: a) go for the one with the better performance/lunacy but will cost me more than the bikes worth in repairs/problems; or
b) go for the more reliable and solid bike thats a little less fun

Ive riden them both on/offroad and the KTM did better allround although i did come off walking like John Wayne after a couple of hours use Very Happy My leathers are Orange and Black so this has had an influence lol!

Ive been to Thorne Superbikes and had a look but dont get much done as I spend most of my time trying to convince the owner to let me have a "test ride" on the new RC8 Twisted Evil
Chumley Warner
Chumley Warner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greg on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:42 pm

adie1200 wrote:
tootall wrote:
Chumley Warner wrote:
adamscott wrote:

Nooooo go for the honda mate its a much better bike Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My mate had a KTM Duke and had nothing but trouble with it !!
Honda are one of the best bikes on the road Wink Wink Cool

In the end though its down to the individual buy what you feel is the best bike for you Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie

NO, it's got to be SUZUKI Very Happy
greg
greg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 am

Chumley Warner wrote:
adamscott wrote:

It would be the Honda for me without doubt. Always fancied a supermoto but I do a lot of pillion work so its a no go.
adamscott
adamscott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum