New PB (quantity wise)

Go down

New PB (quantity wise) Empty New PB (quantity wise)

Post  Lefty on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Went fishing today on a local 4 pond venue and went to the back pond where it is quite shaded by plenty of trees along the banks.

I got fed up of counting when I reached 124 banked fish!

This was by 12:30pm and I was there until 4:45pm. Must have easily reached 200 fish by home time. affraid

Admittedly, 95% of them were small roach and perch from one particular spot in the edge, but what a great deal of fun!

I also got my pb (for that venue) mirror carp off the top. Never had any scales with me but guesstimate it to be around 10lb, another couple of smaller mirrors and a ghosty from under an overhanging tree to my left.

A little help to identify the other fish I caught, please chaps. It fought like a carp, and I thought it was a giant roach as I slipped it over the edge of the landing net. Upon seeing it on the bank, it wasn't a roach as it was more shaped like a chub. It had the bright red fins and silver scales just the same as a roach and weighed around 2.5lb

My mate says he thinks it is a roach/bream hybrid but I've heard that they retain the bream profile (slabby).
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New PB (quantity wise) Empty Re: New PB (quantity wise)

Post  robh107 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:55 pm

did you get a photo?? it does sound like a possible hybrid but i'd be able to tell you with more precision if i could see it
robh107
robh107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Need pics. At 2.5lbs you should have some. Roach/bream hybrids don't normally have bright red fins. The fins are more grey and bream like. If it's a Rudd/Roach hybrid, you can tell by the fin colour, scale count, position of mouth. A Pure Rudd would be more olive/gold with bronzey fins and the dorsal would be further back than a roach's fin, which is normally in line with the pelvic fin.....yada yada.

Pictures plz.... Smile
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Sorry lads, didn't get a foto.

Done a little research and by the looks of things, it was an ide. Wikipedia has a foto of an ide and it looks too similar for it not to be one. Except that the one I had, all it's fins were red. A guy I know who fishes the pond on a regular basis is adamant it was an ide going by my description.

link to Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aland.jpg
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:09 am

If Ide caught something at 2.5lbs I wasn't sure about, Ide have taken a photo, just in case Ide caught something quite wonderful, not that you didn't mind you. A 2.5lb Ide is a nice feesh but take your camera next time.

You're Orfe-ul....geddit?....no?....look it up..... Smile

....Andy.... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:04 am

Looking at the posts you did last night, I guess you had some wine gums again Andy?

lol! lol! lol!
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:40 am

Nah, was just having one of my 'turns'.....lol. I tend to find my brain is more active last thing at night and that's normally when I'm in that kind of mood.

I got a laugh anyway. I hope others did too.

Honestly I'm 99% teetotal. I drink at Birthdays and weddings and that's it. It's the Valium I just can't get enough of... Smile

....Andy.... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down