Soft rubbery/plastic "Replicant" type Lures versus conventional hard wood/plastic ones..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soft rubbery/plastic "Replicant" type Lures versus conventional hard wood/plastic ones..

Post  Bazz on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:24 pm

I have a good selection of conventional hard plugs, spoons, crank & jerkbaits and a few soft lures. I have yet to catch on a 'soft' lure but like their action and realistic appearance and feel. What are peoples preferences.....? Surprised

Bazz

View user profile http://nottspac.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Soft rubbery/plastic "Replicant" type Lures versus conventional hard wood/plastic ones..

Post  Bazz on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Actually, I have caught on a soft lure, a canoe..! I was fishing a small lure on the Trent yesterday evening, had just cast out a couple of rod lengths & 4 canoeists appeared from my right, close in & hidden by overhanging trees. I thought the lure might just have sunk enough but I was wrong! 1 canoe connected & was soon heading off upstream taking line Rolling Eyes I tightened the spool clutch up & brought the canoe to a Halt! Laughing My 9' Esox Spinning rod bent double but the 30lb Fox braid & a Trent Piker made Trace held firm! I was in a dilemma, what could I do? The canoeist looked baffled & they all came to a halt. I wound down really hard & pulled. The trace gave at the link & he was free. My Mitchell reel has suffered for the experience, the mechanism has gone stiff & there is a click & tight spot now Evil or Very Mad

Bazz

View user profile http://nottspac.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Soft rubbery/plastic "Replicant" type Lures versus conventional hard wood/plastic ones..

Post  noodle on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm

proper lures made in sheds

most of my friends are of the replicnut generation

and cant see past them, wouldnt mind but show them something like a sandra or sluggo and they think its some new secret lure i havnt pointed out to them.

my god when it comes to hard baits they just look aghast at some of the things i have.
its quite funny when they try and fish them though i mean try a dive rise style of lure or a gliebait and its realy easy to get right, not for these as you have to use the rod instead of just winding in or sticking it in a rest and hitting the throttle.

anyway rant over give me lovely wood any day of the week
noodle

View user profile http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:52 pm

noodle wrote:

give me lovely wood any day of the week

I always knew you were a man's man Noodle. C'mere big boy so I can give you a cuddle.... flower

....Andy.... geek
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Um....taking the mickey out of Noodle (I always wondered why he was called that...seems patently obvious now really) aside for a minute, I don't think it's a case of soft plastics versus hardbaits anyway.

Both can be good and bad. There are great soft plastics and there are bad ones, just like there are men and there are boys...I'm doing it again. Sorry Noodle.

You have to try many things, just like Noodle in order to find out what works for you. He has and he's happy with men in sheds.

....Andy... geek
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 am

just sprayed tea reading that
i needed a chuckle
been stung for a new pram today, its rather embarrasing a when a wheel falls of in the town centre
there go the new lures i was looking at Embarassed
was aiming for some nimmer swimmers this week
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:27 am

noodle wrote:just sprayed tea reading that
i needed a chuckle
been stung for a new pram today,

Ach well mate, I like a giggle myself but really, you don't have to tell me you were out buying prams. I'm sure you look very masculine pushing your weans about town....lol

I'm done.

....Andy.... geek
Andy Macfarlane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 am

What with me not working and having to do a lot more out and about in the village whilst pushing the little un in his pushchair, you'll be amazed at the smiles and glances from the opposite sex. More than you usually get when just walking along on your own.

It works with a puppy too.

Hang on a minute, what has pushchairs got to do with lure fishing?

Actually, thinking about it, they are a similar. Just read what I've wrote above Very Happy
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:37 pm

true about the smiles when your pushing a pram, unfortunatly most to me come from ladies of a certain age, that age the height of fashion being a blue rinse
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top