Quiver Tipping on the Trent

Go down

Quiver Tipping on the Trent Empty Quiver Tipping on the Trent

Post  Bazz on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Been doing a bit of ledgering on the Trent, as I used to do 15 or so years back. I have tried the popular Halibut Pellets, just fished on the hook minus a feeder or anything.. I have never been one for chucking loads of feed & groundbaits in. I will try a feeder & some loose bait plugged in with groundbait next time, mind you.

I used to go for a few hours around dark & cast a 1/2" luncheon meat cube out, complete with a grass blade over the hook bend, a few rod lengths out & regularly get Chub bites & the odd Chub out, used to miss as many as I hooked, theyre fast mind you.

Went out twice at the weekend minus any fish Rolling Eyes but I thoroughly enjoyed it Very Happy Smile Wink

Bazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Quiver Tipping on the Trent Empty Re: Quiver Tipping on the Trent

Post  Lefty on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm hopefully going out next monday to a river near to where gavin1928's GF lives. Don't know what it's called or exactly where it is but gonna enjoy legering on a river again.

Not done it for years and am thinking of trying the method feeder for the first time as well as 'normal' feeder tactics. Been reading up to just familiarise myself with the method so I'm not completely stumped when it comes down to it and been and got a korum inline flat bottomed method feeder ready for the big day.

As I say, looking forward to it and will let you all know how I get on.
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Higgi - Specimen Hunter : on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:03 am

hey up bazz,

i fish trent alot, n wat usually works for me is a feeder with 6 + 8mm halibut pellets in, capped off with groundbait, a 14mm pellet on a hair rig, with a foot long tail ( no rudeness intended ), im not saying im an expert but ive had some great days on the trent, my pb is 14.8 it was a beauty, works for me, give it a try mate
Higgi - Specimen Hunter :
Higgi - Specimen Hunter :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Lefty wrote:I'm hopefully going out next monday to a river near to where gavin1928's GF lives. Don't know what it's called or exactly where it is but gonna enjoy legering on a river again.

Not done it for years and am thinking of trying the method feeder for the first time as well as 'normal' feeder tactics. Been reading up to just familiarise myself with the method so I'm not completely stumped when it comes down to it and been and got a korum inline flat bottomed method feeder ready for the big day.

As I say, looking forward to it and will let you all know how I get on.

'Snot fair, our lass has to work on Monday now so won't be able to go Crying or Very sad

You watch, Gav will have a brill day without me and probably get a new pb or bag up.

Kill him if he does................... lol!
Lefty
Lefty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Higgi - Specimen Hunter : wrote:hey up bazz,

i fish trent alot, n wat usually works for me is a feeder with 6 + 8mm halibut pellets in, capped off with groundbait, a 14mm pellet on a hair rig, with a foot long tail ( no rudeness intended ), im not saying im an expert but ive had some great days on the trent, my pb is 14.8 it was a beauty, works for me, give it a try mate

Will do, thanx for the tip Wink

Bazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down